Author Topic: Street Pass!  (Read 118675 times)

Offline Art_de_Cat

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • Art_de_Cat's Deviant Art page
Re: Street Pass!
« Reply #200 on: August 24, 2012, 01:30:21 PM »
It caps off at 99 for the same mii.  Me and my bro have reached that already. Finished my 6th puzzle swap photo today, Link looks good in 3D.  Now if I could just get more pink pieces.....
They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool......
I guess that's true.....

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2012, 07:20:31 PM »
Yeah, I was excited to see 100 when I streetpassed my bro a couple days ago and... it will forever say 99 T-T
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2012, 01:43:52 AM »
I think the most Street Passes I had in one day was about 164, but that was at the Zelda Symphonic, sooooo...

I have 300 Miis in my Plaza now. Love the triumphant swagger music.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #203 on: August 25, 2012, 04:03:16 PM »
I can understand some Locations not having a map of the country, but I Street Passed someone from Italy and there's no map. Really?? I would have thought Italy would be big enough to get a map. I wonder what the criteria was set to decide which countries got a map and which ones wouldn't. I mean how hard would a map of every major country would have been?

**Edit**
I want to take back my comments about Italy not having a map. There is one, the person is from Italy, but didn't list a city or province so that is why it the notification said there was "no map" available.

Here's a list of locations that have no maps available:

St. Lucia
Mexico
Ecuador
Dominican Republic
Brazil
Aruba
Argentina
Antigua and Barbuda
Anguilla
Saudi Arabia
Denmark

Am I missing any?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:29:53 PM by TheFleece »
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 26, 2012, 02:12:21 AM »
I am flabberghasted to think that entire countries aren't represented. I mean... BRAZIL!?!?!? They're hosting the Olympics in 2016!!!) I mean, I understand if there are no province breakdowns but.... no country map at all?!?!?

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2012, 02:26:41 AM »
Am I missing any?
From my list...
Australia (WTF?)
Austria
Belgium
Finland
Greece
Ireland
New Zealand
South Africa
Sweden
South Korea
Singapore
Malaysia
Chile
Panama
Venezeula

Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2012, 01:57:52 PM »
Love the triumphant swagger music.
Wait until you get the cool jazz, sippin-a-mai-tai-by-the-beach version. Complete with synth steel drums! Love that one.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Art_de_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2012, 07:37:48 PM »
My gamestop and TrU have changed over to NSMB2 carts and are now street passable again!! They reset the info though, so have to build them back up again.
I guess that's true.....

Offline TheXenocide

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 12, 2012, 12:47:55 PM »
I tagged myself once using a demo unit at my local Target! Anybody else ever do that?

Offline Art_de_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 20, 2012, 03:18:27 PM »
I tag myself onto units at gamestop and TRU. Use myself to help them out on quests and such. ive a panel, take a panel.
I guess that's true.....

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #210 on: September 23, 2012, 12:43:15 AM »
Here's a list of locations that have no maps available:

St. Lucia

St. Lucia is TINY.

I was going to say it's about the size of 5 towns... but then I googled it and here's what a wiki article had to say:

"comparative area: The same as Toronto or 3.5 times the size of Washington, DC"

Anyway... you wouldn't want to break it down into smaller areas for StreetPass purposes.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Art_de_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2012, 07:43:48 PM »
I have been passed by a lot of different countries, but not a lot of true people from those countries.  So far Japan has been the only true country to show a map for. And that was from a legitimate pass from someone with a japanese 3ds.  But a lot of other countries don't have them. I would think it would be bad if you got a 3ds and didnt have a map of your own country on the globe.  I guess a better question is what countries DO have maps?
I guess that's true.....

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #212 on: September 26, 2012, 09:24:21 PM »
It's pretty strange, there are many countries without maps. I wonder if Nintendo would ever add maps that were missing, it's not like getting a map is hard these days. I wonder what the criteria was for Map or No Map. Why would they not include Australia? It's so weird.

I recently spent four days in Pittsburgh and not only did I not get a single Street Pass, but I didn't even see a video game store,  not even around the downtown city area. Is anyone from there, did I miss anything??
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Art_de_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 28, 2012, 03:09:36 PM »
I got a street pass from a person in Hawaii, she came all the way to NC to look for love while wearing cat ears and a black dress......

Also sealed two more puzzles in puzzle swap
<3
I guess that's true.....

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2012, 12:39:57 PM »
Okay, I have just 2 things to say to all streetpassers, especially new 3DS owners:

1.  Set your country correctly!  I know you don't live in Anguilla, you were just lazy and picked the first country choice instead of scrolling down to United States!  I've got like 30 streetpasses with people who claim they are from Anguilla!   That is not demographically possible in Los Angeles, unless there is an Anguillan enclave of immigrants that I have never noticed!

2.  Do some of your darn puzzles!   Yes, I know I'm an ambassador and I've had this thing since launch, but it seems that 9 out of 10 of all my streetpasses don't give me any new puzzle pieces!  What are you using those coins for anyway?   Downloading new DOA costumes?   Purchasing the really crappy guns in RE:R raid mode?  I doubt it!
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 04, 2012, 12:57:15 AM »
Okay, I have just 2 things to say to all streetpassers, especially new 3DS owners:

1.  Set your country correctly!  I know you don't live in Anguilla, you were just lazy and picked the first country choice instead of scrolling down to United States!

LOL

I just started a new job and it's been pretty awesome for my streetpasses since I'm taking public transit. I'm getting three a day now!

But the real big push came from attending the Wii U Experience. IT WAS AWESOME! SO MANY STREETPASSES! I am now lacking only ONE pink piece! WOOHOO!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 04, 2012, 01:21:09 AM »
I blame Nintendo for the country thing.  I mean, geesh - these units are made for sale in the US, Canada and Mexico (Latin American countries, perhaps?)  Why not make these three countries default to the top of the list in our firmware?

Anyway, I'm roughly 100 pieces short.  I rarely use coins for puzzles because it's such a huge waste with the way they repeat.  I do have high, high hopes of finishing off my puzzles later this month when I hit up the Zelda concert in Chicago.  I got over 100 Street Passes at the last one, so this should finish me off, assuming I get the right people with the right pieces.

As for Purple Pieces... hey Nintendo... Remember us ambassadors?  Wouldn't it be great if you gave us all some free purple pieces so we can share the 3DS joy?  You know, like ambassadors should... :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #217 on: October 04, 2012, 01:32:11 AM »
1.  Set your country correctly!  I know you don't live in Anguilla, you were just lazy and picked the first country choice instead of scrolling down to United States!  I've got like 30 streetpasses with people who claim they are from Anguilla!
I have over 1000 StreetPasses and only got my first Anguilla last week.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 04, 2012, 01:44:06 AM »

Anyway, I'm roughly 100 pieces short.  I rarely use coins for puzzles because it's such a huge waste with the way they repeat.  I do have high, high hopes of finishing off my puzzles later this month when I hit up the Zelda concert in Chicago.  I got over 100 Street Passes at the last one, so this should finish me off, assuming I get the right people with the right pieces.

As for Purple Pieces... hey Nintendo... Remember us ambassadors?  Wouldn't it be great if you gave us all some free purple pieces so we can share the 3DS joy?  You know, like ambassadors should... :D

I don't really have time to go to concerts, except for Disney on Ice or the Fresh Beat Band.  Though I did get 5 streetpasses at the Yo Gabba Gabba concert last year.  (FYI - I am not namedropping hipster bands)

It's just very hard for me these days to make progress in my puzzles.   I've got 5 incomplete puzzles, and I'm missing only purple pieces and 1 or 2 normal pieces, so I can spend millions of coins and never fill those. 

*sigh*  I'm sure that when people streetpass me, they probably lose their **** when they look at the puzzle pieces I'm offering.

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 04, 2012, 01:46:32 AM »
P.S.  The Rhythm Heaven Fever puzzle --- MIND BLOWINGLY AWESOME

Offline Art_de_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 04, 2012, 05:22:17 PM »
I am still missing three puzzles, SML3d, Rhythm Heaven and DKCR.  Almost completed every blue piece region but still missing tons of pink pieces. Oi
I guess that's true.....

Offline Nintendad

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 05, 2012, 11:52:51 PM »
I've got all the normal pieces, but am missing a ton of pink pieces. There is no way I'll ever get them all. I mean with maybe one Street Pass a week and most of the time they don't have any pieces for you, it's about impossible. Heck, I'd be willing to pay 20 coins to get a pink piece just to have a chance.

As for the countries, I kept Street Passing a guy that was changing his all the time. I'd like them to be legit so I eventually just blocked him.

Offline bhurak

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2012, 10:43:39 AM »
Apple Festival Report

This time of year there are several Apple Festivals 'round here and after visiting them here is my report:

Johnny Appleseed Festival (Fort Wayne, IN) - 7 street passes!  (my most at one time)  Including 3 NSMB2 coin rush exchanges.  Excellent!

Kendallville Apple Festival (Kendallville, IN) - 0 street passes.  boo. 

So going to the "big city" makes a big difference.

Offline Da Jarvis

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2012, 02:09:38 PM »
Well, the most I ever got in one day was 254, and that was on the second day of Anime Expo, so I guess it is to be expected  ;D ! I usually get about 6-7 when I am at school, but aside from that, I am lucky to get 1 when I actually decide to go out. Now my girlfriend has one and I am suprised to see that she turns it off a lot when she is walking around (like powers it down completely), and when I explained to her that the street pass feature doesn't work unless it's on, she leaves it on now. I guess what I am saying is I wonder if people just don't realize that they won't get any street passes if they power down the system completely?

It could also be that a lot of people don't have them yet, but who knows xD?
3DS Friend Code: 4038-6986-6300

Offline Art_de_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 09, 2012, 05:56:25 PM »
Street passed the Nintendo rep while at TrU today. I was happy to see she had a new pink piece for me!! Then I was like, why do you only have one pink piece and are a Nintendo rep?
I guess that's true.....