Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 663916 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Switch Rumors and Speculation Thread (Mighty Switch Force Edition)
« Reply #2400 on: October 22, 2016, 11:02:37 AM »
According to Laura Kate Dale the Joy-Con triggers may be analog. Rejoice people.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: October 22, 2016, 08:35:13 PM »
According to Laura Kate Dale the Joy-Con triggers may be analog. Rejoice people.

I remember watching BlackNMild tell Reggie to his face that the Wii U needs analog triggers. It may have been too late then but now maybe his efforts were not in vain...

I feel like this thing will without a doubt have a touch screen, it just has to happen. Though it's crazy to think that they didn't show anything of the sort during the trailer! Then you have Nintendo saying that there will be no Gamepad/Tv Wii U style play and wowzers my mind is blown. They really wanted to distance themselves from all that was the Wii brand. Well in this initial reveal anyway.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: October 22, 2016, 09:26:28 PM »

I remember watching BlackNMild tell Reggie to his face that the Wii U needs analog triggers. It may have been too late then but now maybe his efforts were not in vain...

I was thinking about that too when I saw this news. The thought that my voice was ringing in Reggie's ears all these years... "Analog Triggers!!!". feelsgoodman.jpg

I feel like this thing will without a doubt have a touch screen, it just has to happen. Though it's crazy to think that they didn't show anything of the sort during the trailer! Then you have Nintendo saying that there will be no Gamepad/Tv Wii U style play and wowzers my mind is blown. They really wanted to distance themselves from all that was the Wii brand. Well in this initial reveal anyway.

There is absolutely NO WAY this doesn't have a touch screen. and where did you hear the bolded?
I don't exactly keep up with all the news nowadays. I'm hoping you can still swtich on the TV while holding the tablet portion. I can see why that might not happen, but if they did the Wii U wifi tech in reverse to the dock, it shouldn't be an issue.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: October 22, 2016, 10:32:39 PM »
There is absolutely NO WAY this doesn't have a touch screen. and where did you hear the bolded?
I don't exactly keep up with all the news nowadays. I'm hoping you can still swtich on the TV while holding the tablet portion. I can see why that might not happen, but if they did the Wii U wifi tech in reverse to the dock, it shouldn't be an issue.

Nintendo has been touting the "Switch is a "single-screen experience" line since the reveal.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/21/13362890/nintendo-switch-not-dualscreen

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: October 23, 2016, 01:53:51 PM »
Yeah apparently you can still do Off TV Play obviously but the dual set up with Star Fox, Nintendo Land and everything else that has gameplay on the tv and the 2nd screen at the same time is no more.

I liked those mini games like Nintendo Land's Lugii's Mansion, I liked Star Fox and I love item management and maps on the 2nd screen but most people could not give two shakes of a rat's apples.

Nintendo's games are going back to how things were pre double screened with far less touch involved. Well no touch while you are playing at home with the dock. I'm sure folks like Ian and Broodwars will welcome this with open arms. I'll be little upset if gyro isn't included in the pro controller for the Splatoons and Star Fox's of the future. The 2nd screen I could live without.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: October 23, 2016, 03:25:22 PM »
is everyone ready for this? was this posted yet?

it was rumored that this is happening... and it could be really fun if they are cheap enough.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: October 23, 2016, 04:22:23 PM »
That is actually a really great way to incorporate some of those more unique control setups of past consoles or Wii add-on dongles.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: October 23, 2016, 06:38:21 PM »

and immediately, it went from cool and sleek, to childrens toy again.
BUT, the base marketing will still be the New Cool and Sleek Nintendo, so I am ok with that.

the possibilities for controller add ons is crazy though, especially if it's not that expensive to make a single joy-con that can be bundled with certain games.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2408 on: October 23, 2016, 06:47:08 PM »
For those add-ons that are game specific, Nintendo would need better retail space to sell to people who prefer digital games.  This would also assume the add-ons are purely optional because traveling with all that plastic crap would be cumbersome.

That said, I would own way too many of these.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2409 on: October 23, 2016, 07:31:30 PM »
Nintendo could offer them only on the Nintendo Webstore.  That way they don't dilute the message and image of the system.  Unless a game specially needs it.  Then Nintendo just partners with retail stores and make it exclusive to those retail stores, or

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: October 23, 2016, 07:40:15 PM »
or maybe the games that are dependent on the use of a special joycon just won't be sold digitally?

or maybe the digital price includes the cost of the device and Nintendo automatically ships out to you in a deal with Amazon or something.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2411 on: October 23, 2016, 08:18:07 PM »
So with the ports, will they be free if you brought the wii u versions? Like you hook up your Nintendo account  and bam games? or are they going to be scummy and make you buy them again?
Made you look ****.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: October 23, 2016, 08:29:42 PM »
But none of those controller mock-ups do anything that a normal controller can't do. They only exist to siphon more money from your wallet which, really? That's what we're going for here? Custom button-mapping makes way better sense that most of those add-ons.

The modular nature of the Joy-Con has me dreading this. I sincerely hope Nintendo is not designing games with unique controller add-ons in mind. The new Smash Bros does not need Gamecube style Joy-Con add-ons. It's bad enough I have to once again budget for another Pro-Controller. I am no longer the target demographic for stupid gimmick controllers.

Now if you'll excuse me, today was a cloudy day so I have to go outside and do some yelling.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: October 23, 2016, 09:14:09 PM »
They can always be optional unless they truly bring something significantly different to the table.
My Game Collection

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: October 23, 2016, 09:46:29 PM »
Gamexplain just posted over at youtube a nice interview with one of the guys involved in the splatoon section of the reveal trailer, not much was said but it was cool hearing from someone who actually held the switch
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: October 24, 2016, 01:38:13 PM »
More rumors from Laura Kate Dale

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/10/report-nintendo-switchs-right-joy-con-offers-ir-pointer-functionality/

we believe the solution is that touch screen games will be playable on your TV by use of an IR pointer located in the bottom of the right Joy-Con.

Having spoken to sources within Ubisoft, we believe that games which support touch functionality on the handheld will use IR functionality to replicate that ability on the TV.
We believe the handheld, when docked, will switch on two small IR lights similar to the Wii Sensor Bar at the top of the handheld screen, peeking out above the top of the dock. The IR sensor in the right Joy-Con can then be used in much the same way as a Wii Remote pointer. This is designed to be used for touch screen replication, rather than the camera turning and aiming functions Wii Remotes were often used for.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2416 on: October 24, 2016, 01:42:33 PM »
or maybe the games that are dependent on the use of a special joycon just won't be sold digitally?

or maybe the digital price includes the cost of the device and Nintendo automatically ships out to you in a deal with Amazon or something.

Nintendo is already committed to selling games both digitally and retail, so I don't think that would be the case.  An amazon deal would be amazing because you could have your game immediately and your fancy dongle within 2 days (2 days!), but doesn't Amazon hate Nintendo?  I mean, this kind of deal could repair that relationship, but both parties would have to want to come to the table.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Woadstool

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: October 24, 2016, 01:55:44 PM »
Trying to get caught up on this growing hurricane of cool Switch news. I for one really dig those controller add-ons as we all know certain Nintendo games work better with certain controllers. I hope we'll see NES & SNES add-ons for us classic gamers.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: October 24, 2016, 02:50:35 PM »
Soren, while some sort of pointer functionality is a given (?), placing IR lights in the screen would mean that the dock would need to sit under or over the TV for decent aiming.  That would be even worse than the sensor bar, although current wireless sensor bars might be compatible.  If they can implement a more modern system of motion and position detection with minimal drift, they wouldn't need IR at all for basic pointer control.  I can see them updating a lot of things like this in the NSi, with some "good enough" solutions for the first generation that are inexpensive.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: October 24, 2016, 03:32:27 PM »
So with the ports, will they be free if you brought the wii u versions? Like you hook up your Nintendo account  and bam games? or are they going to be scummy and make you buy them again?
Oh Lucario, you sad, hopeful Khush dupe...
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: October 24, 2016, 05:15:04 PM »
New Monster Hunter announcement coming 10/27!

I know they say no Switch info will be given, but this is also for sure not one of the already released games in Japan as this is a Japanese announcement.

People are suspecting it will be either a Generations G/U release or Monster Hunter 5. And the game will be releasing in March 2017 so I can't help but wonder if they will release for both 3DS and Switch with cross system play like they did with 3U on the U/3DS.

They also confirmed that it will not be a cell phone announcement.
My Game Collection

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: October 24, 2016, 07:17:53 PM »
I think it would make more sense to have motion plus style pointing, which doesnt use the sensor bar.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2422 on: October 24, 2016, 07:20:16 PM »
yep def a Khush dupe! XD man, who wouldn't want to be!
Made you look ****.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: October 24, 2016, 07:33:49 PM »
yep def a Khush dupe! XD man, who wouldn't want to be!
Well, me, for starters.

But I definitely get your concern. My hope is that they do allow digital transfers, at least. For those that are getting enhanced ports, I could certainly see them asking for a double dip (although that's a nice way to screw over the few people that bought a Wii U), or at best, a Wii to Wii U-like virtual console charge, albeit more sizable, like 10-15 bucks.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2424 on: October 24, 2016, 08:43:01 PM »
Just going to go on record here and say that I'm expecting MHXG coming out of Japan soon. (If Capcom wanted to do the west a solid they'd make that content DLC for the West, but I'm not exactly confident in that. Also, I am not working off any inside information.)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.