Author Topic: The PATHETIC state of the gaming 'media'  (Read 217166 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: The PATHETIC state of the gaming 'media'
« Reply #700 on: December 12, 2009, 06:56:18 AM »
"What does 'going all-out' mean?"  It's taking advantage of the full capabilities of your console, a console they decided would be substantively more powerful than the GameCube.  How about making your games look better than a half-assed GameCube title?  How about putting some amount of effort into the little details that make the difference between "a very good game" and "an instant classic", however minor.  The most infuriating thing about being a Nintendo gamer is seeing that they could do so many things with their games that would make them dramatically better, but because it doesn't make a 4-fold profit they don't.

You mock 3rd parties (and deservedly so), but what if the reason they phone it in so much is because they see that Nintendo can and has and think they can do the same?  Nintendo, through their lack of effort, has set the bar for what can sell on Wii.  At least the 3rd party situation has improved fairly dramatically these past few months, with titles such as A Boy & His Blob; Dead Space Extraction; and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.  And just playing Shattered Memories, I've seen more effort in that game to take advantage of what the Wii can do than Nintendo has in years, and that's a multi-platform title.

Anyway, this is going radically beyond the confines of the topic ("the PATHETIC state of the gaming 'media'"), so I'll sheath my sword on this from here on out.  Suffice to say I agree with Casmassina on this article.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 06:57:51 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 12, 2009, 10:01:04 AM »
Look what Matt Casmassina wrote over at IGN. And I do agree with allot of it.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/105/1054621p1.html

I have to say I think this article is worthless.

More than half the time he is bitching about Miis.  I thought everyone got over this long ago.  I repeat, he is still complaining about MIIS!!!
Nintendo makes an obvious design choice and people can't get over it because they actually chose something simple.  Things don't have to have have bloom just because they can.  Nintendo changed things.
They showed that adding superfluous effects on top of an already pretty design is entirely unnecessary.  I like how miis look.  I enjoy using them in games and I don't give a **** if they don't have visible arms or have some kind of crazy texture work.  Hell, I don't want it.

He doesn't even give the arguments that explain it any time.  He just lists a few and says they are bull**** because he says so.

He even says something like "Modern Warfare 2 sold 6 million copies so six million gamers value cutting edge audio and graphics."  NO.  It means 6 million people like Modern Warfare, it doesn't tell us **** about whether or not they care about audio or graphics.  The 360 stopped being cutting edge years ago as well.  Nothing chaps my ass like people bitching about audio in games.  Outside of terrible done sound it just simply isn't much of a selling point to anyone I have ever seen in real life.

Everyone always acts like the Nintendo of the past released so many more games and shot rainbows out of their ass.  Guess what, they didn't.  Nintendo then releases a phenomenal game like NSMBW and they are "lazy" because toad is there twice.  I can name somthing small like that from almost every game I've played in my entire life, but here it is proof positive that Nintendo somehow didn't give a **** about a game that miraculously turned out excellent.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 10:34:57 AM by SixthAngel »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 12, 2009, 12:53:09 PM »
If someone post an article in the "PATHETIC" media thread stating that it is a pathetic article, and several people agree with the article as it is written, then should we assume those people to be admitting that they too are PATHETIC?

I have not read the article, but if even the person who posted it agrees whole heartedly with what is said in the article, why would it be posted in a thread where you would put articles from gaming "journalist" that you think were poorly written, heavily biased (without valid argument) and very mis-representive of whatever it was they were talking about?

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 12, 2009, 12:58:03 PM »
This article is spot on (and believe me, he rails on 3rd parties plenty, just listen to any NVC show from 2008).  He's b##ing b/c he's a huge Nintendo fan.  Did Metallica fans not b### when Load and Reload came out?  Do sports fans not b### when the owner trades away their best player to save cash?  Do you not b### when your girlfriend puts on 100 lbs?  The real reason Matt is b###ing is simply he knows what could be and we're just not saying it.

Animal Crossing City Folks pretty much sums it up.  Just enough to get by. 
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 12, 2009, 01:16:33 PM »
The real reason Matt is b###ing is simply he knows what could be and we're just not saying it.
I would take his bitching with a grain of salt. Matt is one of the more whiny media hounds, and his article is akin to that of some whiny pre-teen school girl's angst on a FaceBook journal.

After all, he is part of IGNorant Gaming Network.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: December 12, 2009, 03:30:15 PM »
Mr. Casamassina's article does belong here because it shows a lot of angst and doesn't provide enough of an argument to support his feelings, nor does it cover enough of the positive side of Nintendo and Wii. If I were to write such an article, it would be much more in-depth about both what I feel is wrong and what is right. Not that I'd care to write something like that though, for various reasons, including that I'm not trying to change anybody's opinion for better or worse.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 12, 2009, 04:04:37 PM »
Nintendo, through their lack of effort, has set the bar for what can sell on Wii.

Yeah, Mario Galaxy/Brawl/NSMBW really set the bar for what can sell on Wii. Too bad those 3rd parties are trying to copy Nintendo in that regard oh wait...

For every "lackluster" Wii game released from nintendo themselves, there are other examples of other games from nintendo themselves that are so good (and go "all-out") that they count as double.

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 12, 2009, 04:11:51 PM »
What 3rd parties don't realize is that Nintendo puts lots of effort and care into each game even if the graphical output might not show it.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 12, 2009, 05:18:07 PM »
I think Pro's post basically sums up the whole argument and closes it.  People who have addressed his posts have not even begun to argue his points and mostly either try to deflect or just repeat something as if a second time will make something wrong into something right.

Basically the points are:

1. Nintendo is heavily criticized no matter what their market positions are and no matter what games they make, what their content is, or how good they are.  No explanation has been given for this yet.  (Except maybe by the threads title)

2. Nintendo is accused of being lazy when, if accepted as true, third parties have been exponentially more lazy with ports to low-budget spinoffs to sometimes absolute dreck (Like Konami and Target Terror) and Matt has never thrown his obviously important opinion to dissuade any of them from their courses of action.

To quote Pro's post:  "Why is it bad for Nintendo to have a few games that probably had "lower" budgets when 3rd parties got to squeeze out SOFT-SERVED ASS-CREAM with at best "no" comment, and at worst a scathing indictment of NINTENDO for the 3rd parties' awful games?"  We're somehow still blaming Nintendo here for some reason.  Blaming the victim is always classy.  To respond to points that Nintendo "set a low bar," well, no.  They didn't do that with their first game for the Wii, which was Twilight Princess.  3rd parties chose to ignore it an set their standards to making games that were awful copies of Wii Sports.  Nintendo offering titles that had high and low budgets forced 3rd parties to willfully choose the low budget because THEY wanted to scrimp and save money, not Nintendo.  Suffice to say, this argument has holds no water based on actual data.

3.  Nobody here has addressed a dichotomy that has been an issue for two generations, being that Nintendo is hated when they make fantastic games because it drives third parties chances down, and only recently when Nintendo has had a few games that opted not to cost $60 million that third parties (and some fans) are now clamoring for Nintendo to make higher budget and more first party games because when the market is left to the choice of picking between no new Nintendo game for a while and the majority of 3rd parties' titles at any given moment, they will choose either nothing or older Nintendo titles.  This links to #1 in that Nintendo has literally no place to stand on the budget/frequency spectrum without being yelled at by a third party or a few vocal fans.

4. Pro makes an EXCELLENT point about Wii owners scorn for third parties because they are frequently low-budget drivel.  Now that it's apparently bad to not go "all-out" on titles, does that retroactively exonerate anybody chastised for not wanting to buy third party experiments or spinoffs?  It's like getting onto your honor student for not turning in his homework fast enough when the rest of the class hasn't even shown up for weeks.  The double standard is so obvious Stevie Wonder sees it.

And now to specific quotes:

At least the 3rd party situation has improved fairly dramatically these past few months, with titles such as A Boy & His Blob; Dead Space Extraction; and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

So... A Boy and his Blob. a literal 2-D games that uses none of the Wii's "power" is an example of a game that Nintendo should look to, when the game they are being bitched out about, NSMBWii, is miles ahead in both graphics and design.  And somehow a remake and a Dead on Announcement spinoff are not evidence of "phoning it in?"

This article is spot on (and believe me, he rails on 3rd parties plenty, just listen to any NVC show from 2008).

Ooo~ whoopee~  He certainly showed them on a Podcast.  How about an actual article?  And "plenty" is precisely the problem.  It should be "mostly" or "almost all of the time."  Just by having a different standard for third parties than Nintendo, he is allowing them to get a pass for making games much worse than any being discussed here.

He's b##ing b/c he's a huge Nintendo fan.

About like Lieberman is a Democrat. (Politics zomg)

The real reason Matt is b###ing is simply he knows what could be and we're just not saying it.

Actually the reason is because he wants to drive site hits and see if he can gain anything by peddling influence and threatening to use his site as a bully pulpit if he doesn't get his way, so far as to break a Samus toy in defiance, but we're just not saying that.  I mean jeez, he's a full grown MARRIED man who's acting like a spoiled brat and an internet troll at large.  It seems like everybody has to deal with that kind of idiot around them these days.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 06:13:14 PM by Deguello »
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline mac<censored>

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 12, 2009, 06:46:51 PM »
Not to mention the bizarre contention that Matt knows something...!

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 12, 2009, 06:58:45 PM »
It's an editorial piece, and he's got a right to his opinion.  I do think his peers at IGN have rubbed off on him the last few years.

Matt seems to understand that Nintendo had to change their gameplan in focusing on the expanded audience.  If they hadn't, they'd be doing less-than-GameCube-sales.  Credit him, because almost everyone else in the industry is blind to this idea.

Now the fallacy in his arguments is that hardcore gamers would be jumping on Wii if Nintendo would add more graphics/Dolby/epicness to its games.  This is not the case.  The hardcore gamers who like Mario and Zelda are already here (Matt falls into this group).  The others would just find another excuse not to like Wii.  Remember, the motto of the industry is whatever Nintendo does, is the wrong strategy.  Nintendo releases Mario Galaxy and they moan "another Mario game", then when they release NSMBWii they complain that they're doing so instead of Mario Galaxy 2.  Any excuse to discredit Nintendo.  It's like if we go back in time and fixed the 'purple lunchbox' mistake.  The hardcore gamers wouldn't have bought a GameCube still, because the 'purple lunchbox' mistake was never a real reason to ignore the GameCube.  It was just an excuse.

Now he isn't incorrect in saying Nintendo could have added more polish to WiiSports.  But to what end?  Would any of us enjoy the game more if it was high-def?  If you argue yes, then can I conclude you now enjoy the NES/SNES classics less?  Games are fun not because of how they look, but because of how they play.  Matt's talking like their girls; a 20 year old hottie would be more enjoyable to fool around with than a 50 year old mother.  But this just doesn't apply to video games.

Back to my opening statements, I think his attitude has been influenced by his peers.  When DS was first revealed he decried it.  But he later admitted that it was the right way to go.  If NSMBWii had released back then, I don't think he'd be complaining (seriously what's wrong with the graphics?).

Or he could be under pressure to get more page hits.  He did become head-editor recently, so there could be responsibilities he's dealing with.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 12, 2009, 07:21:46 PM »
I don't think he'd be complaining (seriously what's wrong with the graphics?).

Nothing, and this will be very important in the coming years when graphical realism cannot be expanded any more than can be appreciated by even your more discerning graphics enthusiast.  It will sound as out of place as when Matt talked about Dolby Digital.

To see this in effect, travel back 5 years when the run-up to the DS and PSP was in full swing.  Matt, and staunch PSP backers of the "DS is the next Virtual Boy" type, also listed Dolby Digital capability for the PSP as a plus.  But anybody with half a logical mind asked the question "just how in the blue hell do you use Dolby Digital for a device that's smaller than just a center speaker?  Is Sony going to sell a "surround sound" helmet?"  Sound quality started reaching it's Zenith during the PS1/N64 era.  CD or MP3 quality is basically "good enough."  Now it's about composition quality and mood-setting skills, with Dolby Digital being virtually meaningless to your average, above average, and even most discerning game customer.  Complaining about it still shows a certain "out-of-touch" attitude.

The same will be for graphical capability (at least as raw numbers would have it).  Then it well be about art design and framerate.  1080p 60fps locked is the finish line.  Any higher than that is just pissing into a black hole along with throwing money into it, or you are Pixar making a movie.    Why Sony and MS are racing towards it with Billion dollar losses only to lose that bullet point for the next console and let Nintendo benefit from your hard work for pennies on the dollar is beyond me.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 12, 2009, 07:53:48 PM »
What 3rd parties don't realize is that Nintendo puts lots of effort and care into each game even if the graphical output might not show it.
I agree somewhat. NSMBWii may lack in presentation but the level designs stand shoulder-to-shoulder with SMB3 and SMW. Something like Mario Kart Wii however, has other problems besides graphics such as a lack of features and poor balance. But then again, they've never put the same effort in Mario Kart games as their big series.

Needless to say it is a complicated matter, and I don't really care to dissect it as it is what it is.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 12, 2009, 08:49:26 PM »
So... A Boy and his Blob. a literal 2-D games that uses none of the Wii's "power" is an example of a game that Nintendo should look to, when the game they are being bitched out about, NSMBWii, is miles ahead in both graphics and design.  And somehow a remake and a Dead on Announcement spinoff are not evidence of "phoning it in?"

Ok, congratulations on completely missing the point.  The point was that the 3rd parties are starting to put quality games on Wii, more than most people on these forums give them credit for.  A Boy & His Blob is an outstanding and inventive game (and, incidentally, yes I do think it looks better graphically than NSMBW), and that was why I brought it up.  As for Dead Space Extraction, for all the flak we gave EA for not making that game what we wanted, from all reports it is a great rail shooter with a particularly good emphasis on narrative that expands the Dead Space universe beyond the first game.  That doesn't seem like the dev team "phoned it in" to me.  As for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, that you would even imply that it's somehow "phoned in" just because it has some similar elements to the first Silent Hill game is ridiculous (if you'd actually played it, you know the two games have practically nothing to do with each other outside characters and locations with the same names), and it makes use of just about every offline feature of the Wii (motion control, pointer control, the Wiimote microphone, etc.).

And who said anything bad about Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros.?  Even the original article points out that Nintendo has had some titles they put their full effort into.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 09:00:00 PM by broodwars »

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: December 13, 2009, 01:35:24 AM »
Ok, congratulations on completely missing the point.  The point was that the 3rd parties are starting to put quality games on Wii, more than most people on these forums give them credit for.

But they aren't what they could be, right?  They didn't go "all-out," right?  Isn't THAT the point?  Or is it one set of standards for Nintendo and another set for everybody else?

A Boy & His Blob is an outstanding and inventive game (and, incidentally, yes I do think it looks better graphically than NSMBW), and that was why I brought it up.

If NSMBWii was 2D sprites, I would have thought Nintendo phoned it in.  And there's no way IGN would have thought Sprite Mario would have been anything else either.

As for Dead Space Extraction, for all the flak we gave EA for not making that game what we wanted, from all reports it is a great rail shooter with a particularly good emphasis on narrative that expands the Dead Space universe beyond the first game.  That doesn't seem like the dev team "phoned it in" to me.

But it's not what it could have been, right?  Instead of giving Wii owners what they wanted, they get something else and a bunch of PR to defend the move.  And since it IS a rail shooter, the genre all third parties turn to when they just don't get it about the Wii, yes, they DID phone it in.

As for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, that you would even imply that it's somehow "phoned in" just because it has some similar elements to the first Silent Hill game is ridiculous (if you'd actually played it, you know the two games have practically nothing to do with each other outside characters and locations with the same names), and it makes use of just about every offline feature of the Wii (motion control, pointer control, the Wiimote microphone, etc.).

Well, maybe it is a good game, but I wish Konami made it first instead of Target Terror.  Maybe they'd have a better reputation and their games may not be hard sells to a skeptical userbase of their own design.

And who said anything bad about Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros.?  Even the original article points out that Nintendo has had some titles they put their full effort into.

Care to expand on this?  Apparently Nintendo is the only one to have given a full effort.  For the games like Mario Galaxy, SSBB, Smash Bros, Mario Kart (yes, Mario Kart), and even Wii Fit, Metroid Prime, Zelda: Twilight Princess, no third company even comes close to Nintendo in effort.  Yet it's Nintendo's knuckles that get rapped for a perceived "drop in effort" while other companies get free passes to make awful games and concurring nods from the press when they blame Nintendo for their crappy games' failure (like you did.)  To bitch out Nintendo for "lack of effort" is injustice of the highest order when other third parties make schlock and laugh as they do it.

Offline SixthAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 13, 2009, 05:07:40 AM »
Ok, congratulations on completely missing the point.  The point was that the 3rd parties are starting to put quality games on Wii, more than most people on these forums give them credit for.

But they aren't what they could be, right?  They didn't go "all-out," right?  Isn't THAT the point?  Or is it one set of standards for Nintendo and another set for everybody else?

If Nintendo made a game called Perfect Cube where all you did was look at a perfect cube Matt would bitch that it only used 6 polygons.  It doesn't matter that the game looks exactly like it should and adding more would serve no purpose.  The machine needs to be maxed out or it isn't good and Nintendo got lazy.  He basically thinks that lower budget games should be essentially nonexistant and that doing anything other than blowing millions on pointless additions (going all out)is lazy. 

To Matt I imagine the entire idea of releasing the Wii was lazy because Nintendo didn't "go all out" in the specs.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 13, 2009, 01:58:46 PM »
I think Pro's post basically sums up the whole argument and closes it.

I almost didn't bother posting because of this truth.

Care to expand on this?  Apparently Nintendo is the only one to have given a full effort.  For the games like Mario Galaxy, SSBB, Smash Bros, Mario Kart (yes, Mario Kart), and even Wii Fit, Metroid Prime, Zelda: Twilight Princess, no third company even comes close to Nintendo in effort.  Yet it's Nintendo's knuckles that get rapped for a perceived "drop in effort" while other companies get free passes to make awful games and concurring nods from the press when they blame Nintendo for their crappy games' failure (like you did.)  To bitch out Nintendo for "lack of effort" is injustice of the highest order when other third parties make schlock and laugh as they do it.

And thank you Deg for not only beating me to the reply, but putting it much more eloquently than i could.

I gotta give credit to Nintendo; they're like EarthBound's Poo when he was going thru his Mu training. Let the haters try to break their legs, and take their eyes from them; in the end they'll still be miles above the rest.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 13, 2009, 03:24:45 PM »
If someone post an article in the "PATHETIC" media thread stating that it is a pathetic article, and several people agree with the article as it is written, then should we assume those people to be admitting that they too are PATHETIC?

I have not read the article, but if even the person who posted it agrees whole heartedly with what is said in the article, why would it be posted in a thread where you would put articles from gaming "journalist" that you think were poorly written, heavily biased (without valid argument) and very mis-representive of whatever it was they were talking about?

Though I do agree with some of the things Matt said, I just didn't know where to post his article or if I should start a new thread.

The way I read this Matt seems almost "enraged" if you will, about everything. I agree with Animal Crossing and Mario Tennis and jungle Beat remakes being not as good as the originals. Animal crossing really blew my mind, cause to me it was essentially the exact same game as before.  Just the fact that so many of these games were re released with new controls does seem pretty lazy to me. But those games in no way affect how I think of Nintendo and its games as a whole. I'm not so pissed off at everything where I feel I need to jump ship.

As far as presentation goes in Mario Bros Wii I have absolutely no complaints. That game is a 10 in my book and I am thoroughly pleased with just about every aspect of the game. I haven't played Punch Out yet, but I want it! I think the graphics and animation look great and I saw someone in the game who I never expected!. Do these games support surround sound? I honestly don't know. I don't even know what Dolby Digital or any of that is. Is it the sound system used for movies too? That type of thing bothers me not, and I really don't feel like I'm missing anything when I play games without it or watch movies with it. *Note* until I read a post somewhere above mine I didn't realise Dolby something er other was surround sound. I know I experienced surround sound before in a few games and movies when I did have surround sound but I didn't know it was potentially because of Dolby. Yeah I'm a dummy.*

I do wish the system did have better specs, but if more games looked like Jungle Beat or Galaxy I wouldn't care one bit. And I feel those quality of visuals haven't be done enough on the Wii. TP, and Crystal Chronicles to me look like last generation games. And obviously TP was a last generation game, I say it because people bring up its visuals often and I really don't think its that spectacular at all. The spider boss looked amazing along with the Link, Zelda, Midna and Ganon models but everything else just doesn't look so great to me. After Jungle Beat and Galaxy I figured that most every Nintendo game after would at least be getting close to that but I just dont see it. I do understand Jungle Beat is a 2D side scrolling game and its different than a full 3D roaming game but still. Sin and Punishment, Metroid, and a few other things shown last E3 just looked very underwhelming to me. Galaxy 2 was the only thing I noticed that caught my eye graphically.

But at the same time I am so not impressed with most anything shown on other systems. Granted they do look great, but they all look the same to me. I'm just a sucker for blue skies and bright green grass. So I can't win anywhere.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 13, 2009, 03:33:12 PM »
If I were to give you a hug Caterkiller, would that encourage you to post more often?

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 13, 2009, 05:05:31 PM »

Sin and Punishment, Metroid, and a few other things shown last E3 just looked very underwhelming to me. Galaxy 2 was the only thing I noticed that caught my eye graphically.

But at the same time I am so not impressed with most anything shown on other systems. Granted they do look great, but they all look the same to me. I'm just a sucker for blue skies and bright green grass. So I can't win anywhere.

I'm guessing someone hasn't seen the final version of the game yet.  Really now, the graphics for Sin and Punishment 2 for the final version were improved greatly from the E3 version.  The backgrounds and enemies have way more detail to them then before.

Seriously, the difference is almost night and day.

E3 Version

Final Version

Here's a game nobody can say they were lazy with.  And before anyone says this is Treasure and not Nintendo, Nintendo funded the entire game.  If they were lazy like Matt say they are, they would not have given Treasure the money to improve everything like they did.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: December 13, 2009, 05:43:06 PM »
Well I do like that! That monster in particular looks great!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 13, 2009, 05:47:39 PM »
The difference is staggering.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 13, 2009, 08:44:09 PM »
dammit when the hell does S&P2 come out anyway!?

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 13, 2009, 09:56:32 PM »
Q1 2010? I seriously want that game.

But for the sake of trolling the media, how many points will it lose off it's score? 0.5? 1.0? 1.5? Take your guesses people!
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 13, 2009, 10:14:28 PM »
Q1 2010? I seriously want that game.

But for the sake of trolling the media, how many points will it lose off it's score? 0.5? 1.0? 1.5? Take your guesses people!

My guess (based on the game's reception on 1up's "Game Night") is that it's going to be hit in the same two places the first game was: a nonsensical story and incredibly short length.  They might go after the second player never having a character model on-screen with Player 1 as well.  To me, it's a game that screams 7.5-8.0 in the press.