Author Topic: Picross 3D  (Read 14052 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Picross 3D
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 11:14:52 AM »
I just started this today and have already put almost 6 hours into it. It's just so damn good, and also so damn addictive. Far and away game of the year so far (I haven't started Galaxy 2 yet).
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
I'm at hard mode and it really is hard though I'm slowly getting used to the kind of thinking it requires there.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2010, 05:49:33 PM »
I took it to my folks house and my sister borrowed it from me. She loves it. Made over a dozen puzzles on it too. It was funny because I went on 'gamer withdrawal' over not having it. I was playing it evey night a bit before bed and not having it left a void that had me indecisive on what other game to play in its stead. I ended up starting a new book because I didn't want to play anything else. I'm surprised how hook I got on it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2010, 11:08:13 PM »
I'm at hard mode and it really is hard though I'm slowly getting used to the kind of thinking it requires there.

I thought you had done all the puzzles, or am I confused with someone else?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2010, 01:44:20 AM »
I had all of the beginner, easy and normal ones done (that's about 250). I don't think I've seen anybody say that he beat hard.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2010, 08:07:07 AM »
In just a little over 24 hours, I've done 70 puzzles. This is the most addictive game I've played in quite some time, and I say that having played Civilization IV for 8 straight hours over the weekend.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2010, 11:02:54 AM »
I had all of the beginner, easy and normal ones done (that's about 250). I don't think I've seen anybody say that he beat hard.

My bad then.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 05:30:28 AM »
In just a little over 24 hours, I've done 70 puzzles. This is the most addictive game I've played in quite some time, and I say that having played Civilization IV for 8 straight hours over the weekend.

Yeah. I stay up way too late at night playing this game. It has that 'one more puzzle' mentality similar to the 'one more turn' urges in Civ.
My Game Collection

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 09:47:09 AM »
I'm on level 4 of the hard puzzles.  The five minute time limits really piss me off. That's just too short.  If you are methodical at all you run out of time even if you are consistently eliminating blocks.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 10:25:07 AM »
You mean you're on a fast hand challenge, not level 4 (which would be the level before it)?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2010, 11:40:38 AM »
Well I was talking more specifically about the general 5 minute time limits in the early stages. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing now... I just finished the two bonus puzzles on level 3 last night and didn't check what was next.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2010, 02:14:26 PM »
Oh that. At least you only lose a star for missing that limit, I've given up on trying to 100% the game because replaying puzzles for more stars is tedious (I guess I could do it for the handful of puzzles I've got 2-stared on Medium but Hard is just brutal in that respect).

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2010, 07:07:30 PM »
Ok, I'm done with this game. I have done 334 puzzles. I did a few bonus puzzles on Medium, but I stopped doing them, and didn't even bother to unlock them on hard.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2010, 01:02:54 PM »
all the buzz helped push me over the edge. I downloaded the demo from Nintendo channel and I enjoyed it.

The original Picross was not strait forward for me, and gave me head aches. I prefer this allot because the controls seem so fluid and it seems to make more sense.

I traded in an old dvd, and spirit tracks and got $19 so I only paid like $2.50 or something for it and it's totally worth it for me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »
I'm at 130 complete puzzles. I'm still on easy. Though I think I'm almost done. I;m afraid to go on to normal because some of them are already getting tricky. I've already started guessing a lot based on potential symmetry of the image.
My Game Collection

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2010, 03:26:46 PM »
The difficulty adds more types of conclusions you need to reach (on hard you need to look closely at the circled and squared numbers to see their possibilities), the overall complexity starts low for each difficulty.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2010, 04:11:37 PM »
I'm in level 7 of Hard now. I've definitely slowed down. I've three starred everything. I'm definitely not going to claim I haven't made symmetry guesses on occasion.  I'm pretty sure you'd have to be impossibly fast to not make guesses when hitting some of the three star time limits.

I definitely intend to finish this thing out with three stars on everything.
---------------------

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2010, 04:15:38 PM »
So, for anyone who's played this and the 3DS - could a game like this benefit from the 3DS?

With the Touch Screen and the 3D screen being different, I wonder how this would even work.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2010, 12:32:28 PM »
Yeah I think you'd have to muck up the controls enough that the 3D wouldn't make up for it.
---------------------

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2010, 11:21:23 AM »
no way to transmit the user created level online to somebody else? I know you can transmit them to another person with another DS, but not to friends online?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2010, 11:38:41 AM »
So I'm in level 10 of hard now.  Striving to get 3 stars on everything. Vowed to finish this game before July 1st.  It's gonna be a struggle.
---------------------

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2010, 01:34:45 PM »
So, Pale, did you do it?! I must know!

Played this last time I saw DrewMG, and was sorely tempted to pick it up myself… but I have resisted. In $$ saving mode. :(
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2010, 02:11:42 PM »
Didn't and I'm very frustrated, but putting it down for a while now.

I have two normal level 10 puzzles and then the bonus puzzles left to do.  Then I'm assuming there will be another constructicon puzzle at the end.

Overall, it's just damn frustrating and overwhelmingly hard to get them done under the 3 star time limit.
---------------------

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2010, 05:07:40 PM »
I could see a 3DS Picross as a combination of this game and the Target Shooting demo.  That is, you have to actually walk around the object to break blocks.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2010, 06:10:00 AM »
I think that would be too tiring