Author Topic: Little King's Story (Formerly King Story, which was formerly Project O)  (Read 60635 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Little King's Story (Formerly King Story, which was formerly Project O)
« Reply #275 on: October 28, 2009, 05:51:50 PM »
He says start.  I assume you can still get health upgrades.  There are 5 or 6 health upgrades throughout the game--and that's not counting bonuses from equipping items--so your characters won't die from a single hit.

The problem is it just doesn't sound fun.  The weakest part of LKS was constantly calling back your characters before enemies attacked.  The game would be a real chore if you have to do it even more diligently.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 28, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »
On Tyrant Mode, all your folks start with one health only, so your kingdom is made up of geriatrics (and Corobo is always the most adorable octogenarian ever).
Exactly why I'm not going to try it. Some boss's attacks are unavoidable so I don't see how it's even possible.

Actually, every attack is avoidable (as I've learned the hard way). Some of them are just very, very difficult to dodge. Make sure to never bring more troops than you absolutely need, and use that Guard formation at nearly all times!

He says start.  I assume you can still get health upgrades.  There are 5 or 6 health upgrades throughout the game--and that's not counting bonuses from equipping items--so your characters won't die from a single hit.

The problem is it just doesn't sound fun.  The weakest part of LKS was constantly calling back your characters before enemies attacked.  The game would be a real chore if you have to do it even more diligently.

You are correct. Oddly, this makes the game much easier as it progresses, which is the opposite of how it felt the first time. I disagree about it making the game more of a chore, though: while I initially feared the same, it actually forced me to learn the enemies' patterns and weaknesses really well. I'm actually more aggressive now than I was when everyone, including my king, had more health. One exception is that I don't use my scepter after getting the first health edict, as 99/100 that's basically a restart.

Oh, and the final boss is a pain now, since he targets your king quite well. I can't sit here and tell you it's worth the effort, but I loved the game enough to think that the extra challenge was actually a good incentive to replay it.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 08, 2010, 05:12:09 PM »
Here's an interesting postmortem on LKS by the game's director/producer.

Did you know the game originally had pointer controls but they were removed early on because they didn't add anything to the game?
Did you know there was a multiplayer feature implemented in the code but it was dropped?
Did you know there was an intro chapter (it was eventually turned into the opening cut-scene) where you would find for the crown?
Did you know that one of the director's criticisms of the game isn't the god-awful Royal Guard path-finding?   :Q

Now you know.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:13:44 PM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #278 on: January 08, 2010, 05:21:03 PM »
I bought the game, haven't played it.  Those make me not want to play it.

He didn't go "all-out" with the Wii controls.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 08, 2010, 08:08:13 PM »
Here's an interesting postmortem on LKS by the game's director/producer.

Did you know the game originally had pointer controls but they were removed early on because they didn't add anything to the game?

WHAT!!!!?!?!!!!!????!!!?!?!?!

*Deep breath*

??!!?!?!!!?!?!!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 09, 2010, 03:41:53 AM »
Actually, every attack is avoidable (as I've learned the hard way). Some of them are just very, very difficult to dodge.
The king of the food kingdom, I've forgotten his name, has unavoidable attacks. That's the one that's played out like pinball and you use your units to bounce him around; each time he hits one of your units, they take damage. That battle was exasperating enough as it was, I can't even imagine it with even less health points.

Idiocy.

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 09, 2010, 04:28:24 PM »
I bet the director of LKS is one of those sad people who insist dual analog is vastly superior to pointer controls.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 10, 2010, 11:22:34 PM »
Actually, every attack is avoidable (as I've learned the hard way). Some of them are just very, very difficult to dodge.
The king of the food kingdom, I've forgotten his name, has unavoidable attacks. That's the one that's played out like pinball and you use your units to bounce him around; each time he hits one of your units, they take damage. That battle was exasperating enough as it was, I can't even imagine it with even less health points.
I think if you shoot your guys out to meet him, you don't suffer any damage... I may be wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure that's how I was finally able to defeat King Shishkebaboo or whatever.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 11, 2010, 12:07:25 AM »
I think if you shoot your guys out to meet him, you don't suffer any damage... I may be wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure that's how I was finally able to defeat King Shishkebaboo or whatever.
I checked GameFAQs and it appears you are correct. However, your units have to hit him whilst they are still moving forward in order to not receive damage, so the window of opportunity is very small.