Author Topic: Happy 4th Birthday Planet GameCube!  (Read 17065 times)

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Happy 4th Birthday Planet GameCube!
« on: March 07, 2003, 11:05:46 AM »
 Our Birthday celebration has begun!  Feel free to post your thoughts about PGC turning four years old here.  Bonus points for anyone that gives us a link to them giving PGC the "four fingered salute!"      
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 11:23:27 AM »
WHOOOO!!  The Nature Boy and the Horsemen are joining in the celebration.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 11:39:22 AM »
Congratulations!  I haven't visited for all the years; however, I have even set my home page to PGC.  I want to offer my gratitude for offering all the Nintendo news ten times quicker than many other sites.  And last, but definitely not least, keep up the good wook keeping the Nintendo world brighter and clearer to us all.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 11:45:22 AM »
My home page is PGC as well.  I have been here every day for two years at least, and I think I frequently visited before that, but it was a long time ago....

I have many fond memories of this site.  Hearing about countless Nintendo related stuff from the GBA SP, to new Zelda and Mario games.  I even remember being kicked from IRC during the trivia session where a Platinum GameCube was being given away... in spite of having a correct answer, I got booted for listing my answer as 5 seperate lines instead of all on one line...  (argggghh), but overall, my memories here are happy ones.

I wish PGC a happy birthday, and many more just like it.  
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline JSR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 12:05:48 PM »
Happy Fourth Birthday PGC!

I’ve been reading PGC for the last three years and have been part of the forums for one and a half years. I love PGC and I guess this would be a good time to thank you for all the work you’ve done. So, thank you!

Congratulations on your fourth birthday PGC!  
It's Random and It's Nintendo - Random Nintendo

Offline olanmills

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2003, 12:11:29 PM »
Although I don't have anything special to offer, I just wanted to give a big Happy Birthday to PGC.

I've been reading PGC almost since its very beginning, and I just have to say that it's just gotten better and better every year. It's really worth visiting everyday. You guys do great work, keeping us entertained as well as informed. I had the pleasure of meeting Billy at E3, and he's just a really nice guy. Thanks for all of the great coverage you guys provide! Here's best wishes that PGC (and its staff) has many more "prosperous" years to come.

Oh, and Rick, I'm telling you, you could use an assistant! I'm your man!

Offline Hisao

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2003, 12:26:23 PM »
God, I have been coming to PGC since I got my cube. I must say this is THE site I visit for news and reviews. It's not as big as the high profile sites like IGN and Gamestop but IMHO this is the #1 sites. Much better reporting, never leads you astray and they have a fricking cat...  I am on happy mexican... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
<(^_^)> The kirby <(^_^)>

Offline Nik Jam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2003, 12:45:34 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PLAENT GAMEUCBEE!!!!1111

now that my rotten caps are over with. Seriously, you guys are great, hopefully I could become a staff member by the time this site changes to Planet NSphere or whatever Nintendo names the next console
Nik Jam - I don't know. You tell me.

Offline GorillazFan87

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2003, 01:22:22 PM »
Go PGC, it's yo birthday, we gonna party like it's your birthday...

Uhhh, right, anyway, happy b-day to da P-G-C! Seriously, your website is clearly the best Nintendo site on the internet, with possibly the most rabid fan base. Weekly trivia competitions, awesome staff, great characters (GO LOUIE!!), constant updates, a killer chatroom and message board...it's all here, and now it's been going for four years strong. Keep going, PGC, I'm hoping for many more years of the total awexomeness that this site brings to the internet.
"You've set a new standard for last place. Uhh.. you don't get a ding." - Homestar

"Ohhhh no! You shanked my Jenga-ship!" - Homsar

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2003, 02:17:53 PM »

Originally posted by: GorillazFan87
great characters (GO LOUIE!!)

Hey!    Louie's real...now Windy Man on the other hand...      
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2003, 03:13:59 PM »
 Well, I wanted to say thank you.  Thank you to the entire staff of Planet Gamecube.  I'll take this opportunity to be long winded.  Convienently enumerated thoughts for your reading pleasure.

1)  Planet Gamecube is THE source for Gamecube news.  Why?  In my opinion, I come here because of the integrity.
2)  I don't post here much, but the effort the staff puts into the boards and maintaining a responsible and effective (not to be confused with mature) message board is beyond commendable.
3)  It's fun to be a socially mature adult that still opens up www.planetgamecube.com first everyday. (Nintendo Nerds Unite!)
4)  What makes Planet Gamecube great?  The staff and the owner.  Point blank.  I thank you again.
5)  Thank you for encouraging others to chase their dreams as you have done.  THank you for keepin' it real.
6)  And who can ever forget the dual hand wave, "I wuv Planetgamecube".  I mean, that's just golden.
7)  I hate the fact that I could never ever possiblity say, "Word."  on this forum without being chastised or labled as trying to copy Billy.  Even though I use it everyday in my non-forum life, even pre-Billy.  By pre-Billy, i do not mean, pre-his momma and daddy bumping nasties.  I mean, Pre-my exposure to billy.  And by exposure, I don't mean expose.
8)  Thank you for striving with your hard work, money, and time to keep Planet Gamecube a free place to come play.  (I have recently started the process of building of own community [not launched yet], and I can't believe how much time and effort I have toiled into it.  As well as working my regular job.  So thank you for finding the balance in your lives to give us our fix.)
9)  Happy Birthday Planet Gamecube.  You're the best.  Now put on your birthday suit and get in the pool !
10)  Sadly enough, because of my recent business pursuits, and learning about apache, php, mysql and all that stuff for a web community of my own (not nintendo related) - I haven't been able to play my Gamecube for over a month now.  I stopped about 30 percent through Metroid, I have the Zelda Preorder disk unopened, and I know when I get my Wind Waker copy, it will remain unopened through April.  HOWEVER, despite all that, everyday I visit Planet Gamecube at least twice.  Why?  Because I love you.

*removes his lips from Planet Gamecube's rear*

*Great Big Hug*

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2003, 05:42:14 PM »
Why aren't all of the PGC staffers pictured, you guys have like 20+ staff according to the page, but only like 8 are pictured.
Matt
Contact Info in Profile

Offline baberg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2003, 06:30:06 PM »
First off, congratulations PGC.  Your standards of quality and repeated professional performance are why I keep coming back here.  Coincidentally, it's also why I continue to buy Nintendo consoles and games.  Keep up the good work, and expect more money from me this year for another E3 DVD - last one was fantastic.

Secondly, that's a metric crapload of stuff you're giving away.  Seriously.  When I saw the first place prize, I thought you guys were kidding.  Most of it's probably donated, but still - $1500 in prizes to give away?  You guys really go all out, and I appreciate it.

Lastly, at the bottom of the contest post...  I glanced, saw some legalese, and thought, "Man, they really have their act together, putting this whole thing together and making it legit."  Then I saw section 9 and laughed my farking tail off.  Kudos again for keeping things upbeat and humorous.

Keep it up - you guys are the best.
Name: Barry
Town: Hyrule

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2003, 06:45:03 PM »
happy 4th b-day PGC!!!!!!!!!...

............../¯/´¯/´¯/´¯/)
............./../..,/..../...../
............/../.../..../...../
.........../../´../'..'/...../
........./'  /.../..../....../¨¯\
........('(...´....´.. ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........'\'...\.........._.·´
............\..............(
.............\.............\
..............\.............\
...............\.............\

(that's a hand showing 4 fingers if you can't tell the text picture)

i've been visiting the site for just over a year, and it's the best nintendo site i've come across.  PGC is where i go first to get my nintendo news.  and i really like the humour this site has and how professional they are.  keep up the good work folks!

I loved it when Billy said: "...or Louie the Cat as a secret character in the next Smash Brothers."  That line is gold.  Anyone for Louie the Cat vs Meowth?????....  

Offline Fammy2000

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2003, 08:33:19 AM »
Hey, where is the Louie pic of the little fur-ball holding up 4 claws (I'll also accept 4 paws)? This is an outrage!!

Great work!! I remember being skeptical the first time I ever visited (years ago!). "This just looks like yet another fansite," I thought. Boy was I wrong. I look forward to continued great coverage. Usually, fan sites lose steam over time; not you guys. Very impressive. I can't say that I would have the same level of dedication.

Thanks!!!!!!!!111
My sig beat up your honor roll sig.

Offline reyontoyeny

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2003, 10:07:35 AM »
Happy 4 years! Planet GameCube rules! The staff are some of the funniest and smartest people in the whole online gaming community.

Offline Joshums

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2003, 12:06:13 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PGC!!!!!  You guys are doing a great job!  Keep up the good work!  Seriously though, you guys have come a long way in four years and you should be proud.  You are probably the best Nintendo site out there.  I know we've had some differences, but I still love you guys and I look forward to kicking it with y'all at E3 2k3.  Once again PGC is the GREATEST!  And here is my four fingered salute to y'all.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 J00!
Ph33r teh Joshums!!!11

Offline cooldude32

• View Profile

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2003, 09:57:34 PM »
Oh wow ... that's some old stuff.  If people think I'm a jackass NOW, you should click that first link, and then the first news item.  See those comments?  I've mellowed out a LOT since those days.  That, and back then, I was TRYING to act like a jackass.  I look at it now, and I can hardly believe that was me.  Wow.  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2003, 01:39:34 PM »

Offline MikeHrusecky

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2003, 06:07:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Rick P.
Heh ... Dolphin. Any of you who failed to believe us are fools. "Kneel before Zod!"

ROFL.

Offline Nintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2003, 09:01:22 PM »
Fijne vierde verjaardag PGC! ^_^
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps

Offline Justin Nation

• Programmer, Senior Editor, Daddy
    • View Profile
    • MAMEiac Gaming
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2003, 11:46:19 PM »
It scares me when people remember OpN... damn if that doesn't feel like a million years ago. Rick was just a wee bundle of attitude and I still could spend a million hours a day keeping a Nintendo site firing on all gears the old much harder/insane way, NO DATABASE. EEEEK!
Justin Nation
Resident Dinosaur, Occasional Contributor, Daddy
MAMEiac Gaming
Administrator, The Nintendo Switch Fan Community (Facebook Group)
"People are stupid"

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2003, 05:16:40 AM »
Nintendo als je nu nl gaat praten begrijpen ze het nu wel maar later niet meer .

PGC Happy B-Day!!!!!

El Pollo Diablos
Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).
Planning on buying an Xbox! Now all I nead is a good gamertag for Live!

Offline PGC-Agent Cooper

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2003, 05:13:17 PM »
Funny how people think OpN came before the N2000HQ.  We were first by days.  Moments.  Seconds.   Yeah, that was a looooong time ago.  We didn't have a database for like, what....2 years?  GO SUPAR CRAZEE FRONTPAGE SKILLZ! Oi.  I'm glad those days are over.

Ahhhh, the memories.
Billy Berghammer
Founder -- Planet GameCube.com