Author Topic: The Animal Crossing Trading League: Badge Quest! 4 Gold Badges Still to Acquire.  (Read 215401 times)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Congrats on nearing finish lines, Khush.
I still enjoy this game from time to time. I dropped in to my town for a decent visit a few weeks ago, spent most of my time on Tortimer Island catching bugs and playing the island games to acquire a sweet shirt they had for sale there. It was still fun. It's also interesting to see how the game continues it's own life without you. There were messages from villagers who had come and gone already that I never met. And some new stores opened even though I didn't think I had completed enough prerequisites to unlock them. Maybe passage of time just makes stuff happen?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Thanks, Fatty!

The passage of time is necessary for some shops but some have other requirements.

On my badges, this is where I'm at.

Gold Bug Catching Badge - Need to catch 1050 more insects.

Gardening Badge - Need to plant about 38 more items. Have more than enough fruit and trees to do this so it's pretty much done. I just need to actually plant them.

Gold Fishing Badge - Need to catch almost 3000 more fish. I've been focusing on bug catching because that actually takes longer than fish catching I've noticed. I just caught enough to get the silver badge and acquire all silver badges.

Gold Streetpassing Badge - The holy grail! I know I've got 350 AC Streetpass tags for sure. You need 1000 to get the gold. Unfortunately, I sabotaged my progress on this one a bit. When I got my New 3DS, I set up my old and New 3DS to streetpass with one another. With the old 3DS, I selected a second AC account I created in game and set it as the user to streetpass. I was hoping that this might allow me to cheat the system a bit in order to acquire new streetpass tags however slowly. Stupidly, I didn't realize that this just meant I set the game so that this second account was collecting all the streetpass tags. The game doesn't allow you to set-up multiple accounts to acquire streetpasses. Only one account can count and collect them. So, it didn't matter which system I put the game into, all AC streetpasses were being attributed to the second account. This was further exasperated by the fact that when I would look and count any tags I acquired, I could see tags for my main account, Treize, and tags for the second account of Relena so I thought it was working smoothly.

As I was counting tags, I reached a point where my total indicated I should have received the silver streetpass badge but Phineas was showing up. When he didn't, I assumed the game wasn't counting my own account streetpass tags. But then I reached a point with legit tags that should have given me the silver badge and still no Phineas. I was wondering what was off about my counting when I logged in with my second account to clear out the mailbox for it when I ran into Phineas in that account who gave my Relena character a bronze streetpass badge. It was then that I realized me error and when I went back to the Happy Home Showcase and talked to Digby about setting my main account of Treize as the main streetpass recipient that I noticed the wording of how streetpass were assigned.

Now, my 2 systems always send streetpasses for the Treize account between them. Unfortunately, I don't know if they are actually counted towards my total for the streetpass badge or not. I was counting legit badges and my self-sent badges to once I acquired my bronze badge to see if they totals matched when I got my silver. By messing up my silver badge count, I don't know if they do count or not. If they do, then I'm at about 415 tags. I'm still upset at the tags I squandered on my second account. I'd probably be about 50% of the way there if I hadn't messed that up. Not sure I can succeed with this badge or not but as long as the 3DS isn't replaced yet and there are still 3DS zones, I'll keep on collecting as many tags as I can.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
I think I understand what you are explaining Khush. I was confused at first but then I realized you are using one copy of the game on two systems, right?
Now, if you were really dedicated, you could invest in a second copy for your old 3DS. That would eliminate the streetpass problem, wouldn't it? You never know, maybe you'll find a copy for $5 or something, like Mario Tennis was at Target that one time.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's what I'm doing. These days I just use my old 3DS to check in with the game since I can mess with the clock on it to help in managing the calendar and pop it into my New 3DS from time to time to collect the accumulated AC tags that system acquires or post something on it from Miiverse. I suppose if the price was right, I might be willing to go that hardcore and get the second to make sure I get "legit" streetpasses but I hadn't really thought of it or gotten to that point yet.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
That's just an absurd amount of StreetPasses, I'm not sure how someone could reach that legitly.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Yeah, I think it's more reasonable to reach in Japan but not so much in North America.

That said, I've streetpassed some AC users who have the gold streetpass badge. In fact, they might have one other Gold badge or haven't even acquired a whole bunch of other bronze badges. It frustrates me because how did they pull it off like it was so easy. So, difficulty on this badge seems to vary.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
I decided that I'm going to turn one of my storage alts' houses into some kind of Grocery/Department store type motif so I'm interested in trying to acquire the Japan only event exclusive 7-11 furniture set. (The other two will probably be a warehouse and a place where I dump all the video game themed stuff they have nowadays like the Splatoon and Zelda stuff.)

On the off chance I actually manage to acquire the Set Khush and anyone else is more than welcome to dupe the hell out of it since apparently Khush never managed to get it.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I got curious about this now and I think I must have just misunderstood or forgotten what I'd learned a long time ago. The 7-11 set was released in Japan in two waves of 5 items and 5 items. By the time I was playing, all the pieces were in the wild as a 10 item set and was just called the 7-11 set. I acquired that long ago and I think I even duplicated it for Dan Laser who was to serve as my back-up in case my save file ever went corrupt. I often made sure she had a lot of the DLC and non-orderable items of the catalog since she ended up working with me the most on this project. At some point, after the Welcome Amiibo addition, I'd seen someone taking about the second set of 7-11 DLC items and thought that Japan had done another bunch of 7-11 DLC to go along with the Welcome Amiibo update. But after searching for an hour, I see nothing else about more 7-11 items released since those 10 pieces.

So, yeah. I've got them all in the basement of my house in Xanadu. I just mainly will need to acquire the Splatoon and Zelda Amiibo stuff that was created for the Welcome Amiibo update to keep on top of the catalog and list of items. My AC New Leaf catalog record remains pretty much complete.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
You also need to acquire the campground stuff that Harvey sells for Meow tokens (That's 103 items right there) and the Monster Hunter stuff.

Oh and who can forget the Hello Kitty crossover stuff, or the prize items you get for the island survival and puzzle league minigames, and the animal crossing amiibo figures tend to have some exclusive stuff of their own.

If I had to give an estimate there are about 180 new items from that update but I can't find a list for them for sure.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Yeah, all the Welcome Amiibo stuff I'll need to dig into at some point but anything before that update I've got.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Welcome Amiibo has more new stuff compared to New Leaf than City Folk had compared to Wild World.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I remember setting up my town like a mock server by leaving it on all day with the door open. If you need me to do that again I could...also, I could leverage my newfound save editing skills to find some harder to find items to round out your collections.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Hahaha. I still remember that too. Just one man continuously entering and exiting the town station. Unable to make up his mind as to whether he should stay or go.

Thanks for the offer but I got the Gold Badge for travelling so I don't need to do that anymore. (Perhaps that will change with Switch.) You should have gotten a good boost on the way to your Gold hosting badge though. I'll probably get back into New Leaf soon especially if I do end up getting the last of the Amiibo Cards I need for my collection and because this thread reminds me of how close I was to completing some stuff in it. Tracking down the new items from Welcome Amiibo and using those cards will just help give me a further diversion and objective when playing. But really, I'm the one that can offer you pretty much anything you need from the base game. I got it all stored and ready for whenever, I've still got my original 3DS to use for the duplicating glitch and I've got millions of bells if you need some moola. I'm not just the mayor. I'm also the mafia godfather of this town.

(Only thing I haven't duplicated is all the museum works of art or fossils. I've got some extra legit works of art for those interested but didn't seem necessary to keep all extras with my museum fully complete. Ah, my museum with its second floor hall of the complete Gyroid collection. One of my most favorite and treasured parts of New Leaf. I still love going in and touring it's complete exhibits.)

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I kind of want to do my own stuff a bit more legit. I've decided not to use any of the large sums money I got from breaking the turnip market into pieces with two copies of the game on my main person's mortgage. I have I believe 2.5 mil left on it total which is a lot but it's something I can chip away at slowly over time which would be preferable. I don't really care about the catalog but I do want to get the museum completed.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I let Khushrenada into my town once or twice.

Never making that mistake again...

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Ah, my museum with its second floor hall of the complete Gyroid collection. One of my most favorite and treasured parts of New Leaf. I still love going in and touring it's complete exhibits.
What? You don't have a complete collection of Redd's forged paintings up there as well? What a casual.