Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755206 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #1525 on: February 03, 2015, 10:59:30 AM »
Plus I hear the wi-fi share is very slow so you may still want a larger SD card.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

« Reply #1526 on: February 04, 2015, 01:04:21 AM »
I grabbed three texture packs for Minecraft PS4 Edition, the fantasy pack, the city pack, and the steam punk packs. I had $3 left over in my account from a gift card I forgot I had so I spent it on my first ever DLC purchase. Okay I take that back my second DLC purchase, my first ever was unlocking the DX in Sonic Adventure on PS3.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 04, 2015, 01:39:56 AM »
My Playstation 4 finally came in the mail. played a lil' Guilty Gear Xrd, but haven't done too much with it otherwise. RL drama and such.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 04, 2015, 09:14:00 AM »
My Playstation 4 finally came in the mail. played a lil' Guilty Gear Xrd, but haven't done too much with it otherwise. RL drama and such.
Raid the PSPlus stuff and get it started downloading.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

« Reply #1529 on: February 04, 2015, 10:08:07 AM »
thanks for saying something, I forgot I had PS Plus, I never us it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: February 14, 2015, 01:06:24 AM »
Majora's Mask New 3DSXL
Majora's Mask 3D
King Dedede
Ike
Mega Man
Sonic

It was a good day. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 14, 2015, 04:29:38 AM »
New 3DS XL
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy 3D Ultra DX: The Movie: The Game
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (never played it before)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

That's a fucking expensive day.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1532 on: February 14, 2015, 09:07:16 AM »
New 3DSXL Monster Hunter edition + screen protectors
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
some other crap zelda remake

Goddamn it. And there's a PSN sale this weekend too.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 14, 2015, 10:48:34 AM »
Got a New 3DSXL Red, and a 4DS Nontendo game at Rusty's shop.

« Reply #1534 on: February 15, 2015, 03:53:31 PM »
I got Alien Syndrome for Wii. It was on sale at Hastings for $5 plus it was 30% off so I got it pretty damn close to nothing. I paid a whopping 3 bucks for this game it had better suck.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1535 on: February 15, 2015, 04:42:05 PM »
I bought The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D this past Friday. Wanted Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate as well, but didn't have the funds and didn't really have time for it anyhow.

This is my first time playing Majora's Mask since its original N64 release, so it's practically a new game with some memories of locations and events. Having fun with it, and trying not to use a guide to do everything.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 15, 2015, 08:24:32 PM »
I got Moon Chronicles episode 1 with ,y last $5 DDP credit as it was on sale for $4.50. The other three episodes are available now too for $4.50 each or $9 for all three. I'll probably pick those up this summer.
My Game Collection

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 15, 2015, 10:51:55 PM »
Gaming budget is sort of nonexistent these days... Had planned to pick up Majora's Mask, but I happened on a copy of  Avalon Code and picked that up instead. It's gotten pretty hard to find, so when I found a complete copy I couldn't help jumping on it (so far I'm really enjoying it despite its various flaws). :\ Ah, well, should be easy to find MM for awhile yet, so I'll hopefully be able to pick it up later.

This is my first time playing Majora's Mask since its original N64 release, so it's practically a new game with some memories of locations and events. Having fun with it, and trying not to use a guide to do everything.

This'll be my first foray back into Termina since the N64 days, as well! I have fond, if fuzzy, memories. Looking forward to it, whenever that may be. :)
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 16, 2015, 01:49:44 AM »
I've really had to fight off the urge to get Majora's Mask 3D as well. I don't know why I'm really wanting this game so much as most other times, I'm not in any rush or hurry to play a game but somehow I've been caught up in the hype for this release.

Still, there's other games I need to buy first. For instance, Mario Golf: World Tour is disappearing from shelves. I didn't realize this until I was checking out Best Buy's website on a NEW 3DS and found that they had discounted it to $24 and it was no longer being stocked. Brain Age: Concentration Training has disappeared from store shelves and I didn't even realize it until now. Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney is another game I suddenly realize isn't around. It's not just Amiibo that is getting limited runs, it appears that most games these days are also getting smaller physical copies shipped which really puts a damper in my normal buying habits of waiting for deals.

Meanwhile, some stores are still trying to sell off Nintendogs and Steel Diver stock. I wonder if Nintendo has decided to ship less due to its growth of digital sales and doesn't feel the need to really stock store shelves as the games can later be purchased through the e-shop. If so, it will really make it harder to get deals as stores will have less merchandise that they have to sell and after its sold out, the e-shop will be the only way to get it so it doesn't have any market to compete with aside from eBay. The rarer the physical copies, the higher the resale market. The Mario Golf one just shocks me. It hasn't even been out a year. Mario Party Island Tour still has plenty of stock and it's been out much longer.

One of the first times I noticed this happening was with Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. I thought I had plenty of time to buy it as the DS editions were on shelves for years. Then when it finally came up near the top of my list of most wanted software I was going to buy it, I realized I couldn't find it in stores anywhere. I was finally able to purchase a copy this Friday when I went to an EBGames (Canada's GameStop) and found a really good condition used copy on their shelves. First time I'd even seen a used copy of that game. I have seen the future and it scares me.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 16, 2015, 02:28:22 AM »
Crap, don't tell me this. Throws off my buying habits as well. Nintendo games are already stubborn to drop down in value and now they could disappear before they drop low enough to snag.

My next promotion can't come soon enough. :P
My Game Collection

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 16, 2015, 02:30:36 AM »
Things are available digitally now, though, and we even see sales on their own stuff from time to time, so nothing ever totally disappears.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 16, 2015, 02:33:28 AM »
I like my boxes, carts, and discs. But it is slightly reassuring that you can get the game digitally in a worst case scenario.

Oddly enough, I prefer my PC games digital. Though I suspect that is due to Steam and all of their wonderful deals which make it tough to pass by.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 16, 2015, 02:40:09 AM »
Things are available digitally now, though, and we even see sales on their own stuff from time to time, so nothing ever totally disappears.

But what about selling it off later? If I want to sell off my 3DS collection, I can do so in pieces as different people will be after different titles. If you've bought everything digitally, how do you sell off your collection if you wish to do so?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 16, 2015, 02:41:57 AM »
Screw selling things! How will I be able to build a shelf of priceless gaming memorabilia to drive my wife nuts and show off in the background of youtube videos to prove my nerd cred?
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 16, 2015, 02:46:29 AM »
Guess you'll just have to show off a collection of memory cards in the background instead.

Crap, don't tell me this. Throws off my buying habits as well. Nintendo games are already stubborn to drop down in value and now they could disappear before they drop low enough to snag.

My next promotion can't come soon enough. :P

At least you've been warned. I came upon this horror with no warning.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: February 16, 2015, 08:23:41 AM »
One of the first times I noticed this happening was with Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask.

Oddly enough, Azran Legacy seems to be even harder to find in stores than Miracle Mask.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

« Reply #1546 on: February 16, 2015, 11:46:21 AM »
I don't know if its just the town I live in SUCKS but I can't find a copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii anywhere around.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 16, 2015, 03:33:45 PM »
Screw selling things! How will I be able to build a shelf of priceless gaming memorabilia to drive my wife nuts and show off in the background of youtube videos to prove my nerd cred?
You say that but, I'm seriously considering shadow boxing all my Nintendo Handhelds.  I have from Gameboy and up just in my house.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

« Reply #1548 on: February 26, 2015, 12:38:46 AM »
Video games I picked up Dragon Age Inquisition on PS4. So far I am really liking it. Its not the best but it will hold me over for the time being.

Non-video game gaming related I dropped a wad of cash and picked up the entire 5th edition core rule books this weekend. I needed a break from life and nothing takes you away like a good run of D&D.

Also non-game but video game related I picked up the Angry Video Game Nerd Movie on Blu Ray. Loved it, totally worth the wait and exactly what I was expecting it to be. It had some moments but it was what I wanted in a Nerd movie. Also loved the Nostalgia Critic review and appearance. I also grabbed a Retro NES baseball cap at Target to go with my NES Remix T-Shirt I got from Club Nintendo as the last reward I will ever get from them. It was far from a good week over all but gaming related I bought some cool stuff.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 12:41:03 AM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »

« Reply #1549 on: February 27, 2015, 01:12:56 AM »
Well I was about to drop some money on a ton of PS3 games today but the Playstation Store kept kicking me out for some reason so I gave up. I will try again tomorrow if I can get back in.