Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674944 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: The NBA Thread: Now with only Warriors and Cavs!
« Reply #200 on: June 04, 2017, 08:35:16 PM »
Come on, Derek Fisher.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2017, 11:52:25 PM »
I....I can't believe those last two minutes. I was sure the Dubs threw that game in the toilet. Kevin Durant is unreal.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2017, 12:28:02 AM »
I don't care if he become old and decrepit, I want Iggy to finish his career with the Warriors. Pay him all of the money. He had 2 incredible play down the stretch:

- He had the awareness to switch with Curry when it looked like the LeBron wanted to set up another mismatch. Instead of getting switched with Curry LeBron had to try and drive on Draymond. He still kicked it to Korver, who was wide open because Curry was dumb enough to fall for Love's screen. But that's a better option than James vs Curry one on one, and having multiple shooters open because everyone is collapsing on James.
- He got a clutch strip on James, and hopefully revenge for the two times he's failed to convert easy layups in clutch situations.

https://twitter.com/ryenarussillo/status/872668075392421888

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2017, 02:17:47 AM »
Lebron during the course of these finals...

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:39:24 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 09, 2017, 07:38:27 PM »
I made this at work today in paint as I had nothing better to do but kill time until the game starts...

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 09, 2017, 11:31:25 PM »
Not looking good for a sweep right now...
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2017, 12:26:15 AM »
You had one job, Golden State.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2017, 12:37:24 AM »
I'm pissed. They had so many stupid turnovers. The defense was terrible. They let their emotions get the best of them and got in too many fights.

That said, Cleveland went 24/45 from 3. That's not happening again.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2017, 03:08:12 AM »
..... and no one calls out the Ref's?

that first quarter officiating was some of the worst, most blatant, biased, bullshit I think I've ever seen. Actually the whole game was just terrible when it comes to officiating.

but the ref assist given to the Cav's specifically in the 1st quarter to get all the Warrior starters in foul trouble in the first 4 minutes of the game was something truly special to witness.

it was terrible both ways for most of the rest of the game, but it was that 1st quarter that set the tone and created a lead that was just too much to overcome.

between the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters I think the Cavs only won each of those by about 1-2 pts each. It was that 16 point lead in the 1st quarter that was never made up.

The fact that defensively the Cavs were allowed to get away with almost everything off the ball that they wanted. Poor Curry was being abused. Durant practically dragged Rj over to the ref to get a holding call, but the ref refused to call it. and once after Klay got fouled, the game stopped on it's own and everyone stared at the ref for like a split second before he blew the whistle and called a foul on JR Smith, who almost put his hand up to volunteer the foul before it was called.

I thought Game 6 of last year was bad, but this was soooo much worse.
I hear there was a Laker game about 15-20 years ago and a Mavs game too that was somewhere near as bad if not even worse, so I can't imagine even attempting to watch that garbage.

Cavs shot near lights out, and Kyrie was balling out of his mind, but that's not unexpected when the other team can't even defend you because the refs will foul them out, yet you are not held to the same standard on the other end of the court.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2017, 10:29:04 AM »
As a neutral, I'm just glad the possibility of an Xzibit situation is still technically available.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2017, 07:41:00 PM »
So, there's an extra $22 million to be made in California if they end up playing 2 more home games...
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2017, 09:40:20 PM »
made by who though?

The Warriors? or the NBA? or both?
Because the Warriors would be stupid to be complicit in anything that extends this past 5 games, just for some extra money in the owners pocket.
The NBA and TV contracts... I can understand why they would have their refs go in an "fix" the game, but next time they could be a little less "in your face" about it next time around.
I've seen some badly officiated games, but yesterdays game was so bad, it only invites conspiracy theories about how "fixed" it was.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2017, 11:49:19 PM »
Warriors win!

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2017, 01:11:17 AM »
Kevin Durant, Finals MVP and World Champion. Mike Brown, 2 time champion, this time at the helm for most of the games. He helped keep the team afloat. Even sweeter the fact that the Cavs were writing his checks. Congrat to JaVale, Zaza, David West and Matt Barnes for finally getting rings. Curry played out of his mind even as he was getting trapped constantly. All world defense by Klay and Draymon. Iggy with 20 clutch points off the bench. Guys like Pat McCaw and Ian Clark who stepped up to the plate and filled the void left by guys like Speights and Barbosa.

This team is just incredible man. This season was incredible. People might say this team might bring a decline in basketball, but in a personal note, as a fan, I think I'm allowed to have a selfish moment. I'll cherish this dynasty for as long as it last after all the years of losing and futility.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
McCaw scored 4pts on Lebron in the 4th.

That's when Lebron truly knew he had lost.

but now i have a favor to ask of anyone with PS skillz.

I'm going to the parade on Thursday (:coughcough: feeling too sick to make it into work that day....) and want to print out a custom sign.

can someone help me edit this pic:

to include a cartoon NBA Championship trophy over the gold Warriors symbol on the right, but behind the letters, but with the Warriors symbol still in from of the basketball of the trophy.
also edit in an MVP trophy into Durant's hand.

then in the gold box on the bottom left
at the top above the logo: The Finals
and the bottom below the logo: 2017 NBA Champions

oh, and toast the number 11 into the toast for Toaster Thompson.

yeah, that should do it!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 03:01:49 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Man, the Cavs being within 10 for almost the whole 4th quarter was excruciating.  I'm happy for KD, but let this be a lesson to all of us: Based god's curse is real and you should never cross him.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
and he already lifted Harden's curse....

But the Kardashian Kurse may still be in effect.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Unfortunately, he lifted Harden's curse after the MVP voting, which should cement Westbrook as MVP.

But wasn't Reggie Bush dating Kim Kardashian when the Saints won the Super Bowl?  I could've sworn that was happening.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Holy crap. The T'Wolves flat-out stole Jimmy Butler from the Bulls.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
That trade wouldn't have been so, so terrible for the Bulls if they didn't give up their own pick. Why did the the Bulls need to sweeten the deal? They're giving up a top ten player to a man with the biggest basketball hard-on for Jimmy Butler. Chicago could and should have raked Tom Thibedeau over the coals before sending Butler to Minnesota.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
And then the Bulls sold their 2nd round pick to the Warriors who picked up the next "Draymond Green" in Jordan Bell for some potential major rim protection, rebounding, and in the paint scoring.

Looney better get a new bench pad, as I feel like if he gets up off the bench, it will be to play with some other team. LOL

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Looney is on a rookie contract and is a warm body. He's not going anywhere.

Warriors pulled this same move last year and landed Pat McCaw who played pivotal minutes in the game 5 clincher. If they can get that from Bell they'll be in good hands. I think eschewing the youth movement has really cost Cleveland in this rat race. They're talking about Paul George and even Dwayne Wade but meanwhile have no draft picks or show any signs of looking for raw rookie talent.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
From all reports, sounds like the Jazz managed to quietly steal the draft with 2 solid first rounders that only cost a late 1st round pick & some bench warmers. Nice.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I can't believe this ****....

https://streamable.com/vklkd

BBB on WWE

https://twitter.com/yeezvz/status/879506352254726145
"Beat that nigga ass!!!" live on WWE tonight.

they have truly made it. Big Ballers Indeed.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the Lakers to draft Lonzo Ball partially because his father is such a putz (I was pulling for Josh Jackson since he has a more well-rounded game, namely better defense). I didn't watch Raw, but I saw a screenshot of LaMelo wearing a "Stay In Yo Lane" shirt. That's so disappointing because of the implication that his kids think that's acceptable too. I really wish the media would stop giving this guy a platform. If you're unfamiliar with the origins of that shirt, LaVar told ESPN's Kristine Lahey to "stay in [her] lane" which should have been the last straw. Granted, Lahey overstepped a journalistic line by questioning LaVar's parenting. LaVar's response was like one step away from "Get back in the kitchen," and we really need to stop acting like that's okay.

LaVar trying to make money off of being an asshole is unsurprising though it still does kind of bother me. I know Lonzo isn't his dad, but his dad makes rooting for him more difficult.