Author Topic: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness  (Read 104723 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2020, 12:55:26 AM »
Question about these updates. Let's say a person buys New Horizons next year. Would that mean that Bunny Day, Nature Day and Wedding Season would just occur again during the dates they were first put in place from their original updates much like regular holidays in past games or are these one time only events? I would think that they would just become part of the game and regularly occur like usual but it has made me wonder if any of this stuff is limited time only.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2020, 02:28:31 PM »
I wouldn't think any were one-time-only unless specifically stated as such. Though with how flexible they have been at tweaking how the events occur it could be a somewhat different experience in later years.

An example could be the Bunny Day event next year when there is diving. Will you be able to dive for eggs? Will this mean a new type of egg or just more water eggs?

I know eveyone is assuming one year of updates, but I'm kinda hoping this becomes more of a platform/service game with updates for the next 2+ years. It would certainly help provide longevity to the game.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 02:30:34 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2020, 04:16:01 PM »
That's what I thought. I know New Leaf had some limited time only furniture to collect from Nintendo Zone (remember that?) but hadn't heard or seen of anything like that so far. Seems to me a person is better off waiting for sometime before getting into New Horizons so that all or most of the updates are added and one can manage time progression of the game how they'd like.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2020, 04:19:08 PM »
I think that's only true if you're planning to time travel. If you play the game in real time then there's nothing to miss.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2020, 04:56:31 PM »
That's what I thought. I know New Leaf had some limited time only furniture to collect from Nintendo Zone (remember that?) but hadn't heard or seen of anything like that so far. Seems to me a person is better off waiting for sometime before getting into New Horizons so that all or most of the updates are added and one can manage time progression of the game how they'd like.

I waited until after Bunny Day to buy the game, just so I could focus on building the island up without the extra distraction.  I think that a solid move to buy some time ahead or after an event.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2020, 12:07:00 AM »
I have spare bunny day recipes since you missed the event Nickmitch.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2020, 12:39:50 AM »
I have spare bunny day recipes since you missed the event Nickmitch.

Those recipes mean nothing unless you got spare eggs to go with them... unless it's more just about expanding the DIY catalog.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2020, 01:04:39 AM »
I appreciate the offer! But, I'm okay without them. I can wait until next year. I still have a ways to go with building up my island.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2020, 01:24:46 AM »
I lucked out as Leif came to town and brought RWY Roses and RWY Cosmos, along with bushes.
Roses is what i've been trying to get my hands on since I started padding out my flower collection

I'm also glad I skipped out on the turnip rush this week, as I spent a ton of time trying to cultivate flowers of all kinds and colors on my island.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2020, 12:04:45 PM »
I think that's only true if you're planning to time travel. If you play the game in real time then there's nothing to miss.

From my experience with New Leaf, I like to control the time. Sometimes I need to play catch up as days pass by and I don't have much opportunity to check in and sometimes I don't have much that needs doing so I keep skip through a few days to get ahead to a bigger event that might take more time.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2020, 12:20:54 PM »
From my experience with New Leaf, I like to control the time. Sometimes I need to play catch up as days pass by and I don't have much opportunity to check in and sometimes I don't have much that needs doing so I keep skip through a few days to get ahead to a bigger event that might take more time.
Yeah, I remember trying to play New Leaf with you and being surprised at the methodological way you were playing it and how much it clashed with the way I play. For me, it was definitely best to get the game at launch like I did, since I enjoy it best as a multiplayer game. It's good to be in it when the community is most active, which is the launch period, and that's increased even more with the current state of the world. Experiencing everything together as it happens and sharing our discoveries as we find them has been great.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2020, 02:28:11 PM »
There's an approximately 110,000 Bell kitchen stove/sink in my newly opened Nook's shop. Would anyone like to come buy it and allow me to catalog it? You can keep it, of course, since I don't have a plan for a kitchen in my home.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2020, 04:01:03 PM »
There's an approximately 110,000 Bell kitchen stove/sink in my newly opened Nook's shop. Would anyone like to come buy it and allow me to catalog it? You can keep it, of course, since I don't have a plan for a kitchen in my home.

I'm down!  You open now?
My Game Collection

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2020, 04:44:13 PM »

I'm down!  You open now?

I can do so now. I'll PM you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2020, 10:18:37 PM »

So sad i missed out on that one, would've loved to catalog it one of these days tho

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2020, 10:23:32 PM »
I bought it and have it still. It'll be Stratos's to keep, but you are free to catalog it this weekend beforehand for sure, if you'd like.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2020, 02:01:49 PM »
I have a Whirlpool Bath and a Royal Crown available for purchase at my island if anyone is interested in these to buy/let me catalog.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2020, 02:36:23 PM »
Good god, so all of these items in the third slot at Nook's Cranny are high-price items? Ugh, maybe Nintendo wants me to keep playing the turnip market instead of living the slow life...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2020, 02:53:17 PM »
Just dropping by with this video on how you can take your interior design to the next level.

For BnM- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yOC8_dHwuc

Most likely I will getting the game in the coming week so be prepared for that.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2020, 02:55:56 PM »
For my second Sunday with the game, I heavily invested into the stalk market.  Much more than I could've last week.  I'm hoping for a big pay day.  I'm still a ways away from being a millionaire, but hopefully I can at least make some headway.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2020, 04:03:35 PM »
I bought it and have it still. It'll be Stratos's to keep, but you are free to catalog it this weekend beforehand for sure, if you'd like.

I'm available today.

Just let me know what time of day. :)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2020, 06:30:20 PM »
Good god, so all of these items in the third slot at Nook's Cranny are high-price items? Ugh, maybe Nintendo wants me to keep playing the turnip market instead of living the slow life...
It certainly seems that way considering how heavily they're nerfing every other money making method in this game.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2020, 11:37:48 AM »
It certainly seems that way considering how heavily they're nerfing every other money making method in this game.

I've also notice far fewer 400-600 range turnip prices so they may have nerfed that as well. Also, more people are crowding the market (and being outrageously greedy with entry fees) so its turned me off of the entire mechanic.

My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2020, 02:15:06 PM »
I haven't participatd in the turnip race the last 2 weeks just due to the pure chaos of it all.

1) Long Queues to get on someone's island.
2) Constant load times while people come and go
3) being blocked from coming and/or going because someone is in a conversation
4) Tips/Demands required to participate on some high demand places (although hosting can be a pain, so I totally understand)

but all combines make for a pretty miserable and exhaustive experience.
If Nintendo could at least address #'s 2 & 3 it wouldn't be so bad.

1 & 4 are part of the supply and demand nature of business.
2 & 3 are just bad foresight and planning on Nintendo's part.
The StoneAge approach to online gaming is so unnecessary in the year 2020 when we have so many other examples to draw from. Hopefully something they can fix in the next update. LOL

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2020, 07:40:57 PM »
Got the game delivered today and I played a few hours. I got the inital diy recipes and I found a place for the museum.  Need to finish paying off the 5,000 miles but I will do that later tonight.   It is nice to get back into this series. It is what I need right now. So peaceful and stress free.   I also made a design.  Fun times so far.

Played a bit more for a hour and a half tonight. Finished up the move in cost and I crafted a few different items and started getting wood from the trees by using my axe and chopping the tree three times.  I also saw a video earlier showing a different way of getting all 9 items from rocks without bouncing back.  Basically you stand above the rock and face up and then use the design part of your nook phone and set up 3 maniquins above the rock. Turn back around and start hitting the rock and you are good as gold.   

Question. How many days after donating 5 different creatures to Nook will it take to open the museum? 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 02:13:42 AM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.