Author Topic: Problem with Kirby game...seriously...  (Read 5072 times)

Offline Garaphin

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Problem with Kirby game...seriously...
« on: February 07, 2003, 01:30:12 PM »
Hi All-

This may sound stupid but I bought Kirby: NIDL and I can't figure out how to save my progress.  I bought it used on half.com and didn't get a manual with it.  

Is there a button configuration I need to do to save?  or should it be saving automatically?  I've played it mulitple times and beaten the first level boss (the tree that spits), plus several levels of World 2, but when I turn the unit off, nothing saves.  Next time I pop the cartridge in and turn it on, all three save spots are empty.

Am I doing something wrong?  or is something wrong with my game cart?

Please help if you can...thanks!
-Garaphin

Offline NayruAmore

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 04:06:02 PM »
Well, I haven't played the game myself yet (too many games... argh!), but according to the manual, the game automatically saves your progress.

Offline Duker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 05:04:55 PM »
Interesting.  It should save automatically, unless maybe it's a defect copy? Hope everything works out ok!
There are 3 kinds of people in this world. People who can count and people who can't.

Offline Kuchakor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 07:25:26 AM »
At least you HAVE kirby.
This has to be the hardest (newly released) game to find, I saw it ONCE in early December, and ever since Christmas I havent seen it anywhere.
I've seen more broadband adaptors and PSO than this game.
Town: TVLand
Name: Kuchakor

Whatya up to Norm?

My ideal weight if I were eleven feet tall.

Offline jasstoltz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 10:24:25 AM »
I've seen it at a Toys R Us and a Best Buy (for $25), both in NYC (this past weekend). Good luck finding one.  

Offline JSR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 05:30:39 PM »

Originally posted by: Kuchakor
At least you HAVE kirby.
This has to be the hardest (newly released) game to find, I saw it ONCE in early December, and ever since Christmas I havent seen it anywhere.
I've seen more broadband adaptors and PSO than this game.

I can’t find it either! It’s nowhere at all! Nintendo needs to ship some more... or else!
It's Random and It's Nintendo - Random Nintendo

Offline Ichinisan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2003, 02:21:27 PM »
I think you have a pirated copy. I imported Super Mario World (Super Mario Advance 2) before it was released in the US and got a pirated version. It is easy to tell, compare the screw on the back with a legitimate cartridge. If the screw is a regular Phillips (cross) screw, then it is pirated. Nintendo uses security screws called "Tri-Wing" and "Gamebit" screws for their products.

After opening it, I could see that a battery was strapped to a chip and was using SRAM to simulate EEPROM. The software on the ROM must have been modified, because some things would save and others would not. The ROM chip itself was a blob of black manufactured directly on the circuit board.
X-BAND LIVES!

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2003, 04:02:28 PM »
Ouch.  Do stores reimburse you for that or do they simply say "You bought it will full knowledge that it was used and subject to tampering, we are not liable."?

-- Shawn K.
Press X to run.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2003, 09:59:40 AM »
Now that I have the game, I can confidently tell you that you have a defective copy.  The game would have saved your file if nothing else.  You should be able to get your money back if it's a decent store, but hopefully you can find another copy since this is such a great (and hard to find) game.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers