Author Topic: The official NWR Bitcoin Thread: It's highly profitable if you don't get scammed  (Read 7705 times)

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Big Bang Theory is the only newssource I can still trust.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
My favorite part is where the author shows how cool he is by going out of his way to say that he doesn't know the names of the characters.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Heh, yeah. Though to be honest, I have a hard time thinking of the names of the characters. I know Sheldon because of how much exposure the role gets including a spin-off series of it. It just hit me that Raj is the name of another friend about 10 minutes after trying to think of the characters. I'm having a hard time coming up with the glasses guy though. For some reason, I keep thinking Lucas but I know that's not right and I don't know why my brain is going in that direction. Then there's the other friend who'll do Nicolas Cage impersonations on Conan and was in Florence Foster Jenkins but that name isn't coming to me either.

I know Bernadette because I keep seeing these ad articles on Yahoo of how you won't believe what the actress who plays Bernadette looks like in real life because she's so hot. Ooo. Penny! That just finally came to me while typing this. But Sheldon's girlfriend I know is Mayim Balik (something like that) the former Blossom but I can't think of the character's name. Are there any other main characters beyond those 7 these days? So, just over 50 percent. Hoo-ray for useless trivia knowledge.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
Pretty sure the glasses guy is called Howard! I definitely knew Sheldon and Penny too, and Raj. Wouldn't have known the name of Bernadette's character but she's the lady with the high pitched voice right, so I deffo know of her. Not bad since Big Bang Theory is one of those 'airline tv shows' for me, in that it's definitely around a lot but I don't pay it vvvvvery close attention.

Was always more of a Community fan myself, could name most of those characters easily. Even Starburns and Leonard. #SixSeasonsAndAMovie!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
I'm talking to my financial guy about actually investing in some tomorrow. Dunno if it's possible through him or not.

And Community. Where's the movie! We need the movie!

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
And Community. Where's the movie! We need the movie!

We're funding it through Bitcoin now! The exchange rate is currently 1 for every 4 meowmeowbeenz.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
I only have Letz! potato chips. What's the ratio of meowmeowbeenz to Letz! chips?

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
Well they double in value when traded through the New Girl because of gentrification; then I'd recommend first investing those returns in Heisler beers because those have a wider audience, before exchanging back. Secure that meownopoly and let the bidding war begin!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
If you're going to buy a cryptocurrency right now I would buy litecoin. I wanted to buy some two weeks ago, but I hadn't reset up my bank account. If I had bought some, my money would have tripled. I would have gone from $20 to $60.

I bought $3 worth of bitcoin two weeks ago and now it's worth $6.28. I didn't know about Etherium or litecoin until I signed up for Coinbase.com
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 05:38:11 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Leonard.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
I got curious enough to set-up my gaming PC to start mining Etherium Monday evening.  I don't expect any sort of sizeable financial reward for doing so, but I've been curious about the crypto market for some time and figure it'd be a good thing to learn if for any reason it becomes something more ingrained into everyday life.  The things I've learned through the process of researching and setting up my PC to mine, and choosing a cryptocurrency are:

- Bitcoin has an almost cult-like following where you can't ask questions of the community or be outwardly skeptical of its current price hike without being shunned as a non-believer.
- There are some people who are super serious about this stuff to the point where they set-up rigs with dozens of GPUs to maximize their hash rate.
- Cryptocurrency or "coin" are bad describers of the market currently.  Bitcoin may have started as an idea meant to act as a currency, but the currencies out there act more like stocks with their price variances, high transaction/withdrawal fees, and the volatility of the market.
- I STILL don't understand how value of a cryptocurrency is determined.  I read into this for over an hour.

One thing I have learned for sure....there are gonna be some really unhappy people who took out loans, thousands of dollars in credit card debt, or even mortgaging their houses to buy into bitcoin when that bubble bursts. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
One thing I have learned for sure....there are gonna be some really unhappy people who took out loans, thousands of dollars in credit card debt, or even mortgaging their houses to buy into bitcoin when that bubble bursts. 

Not if they bought in more than 6months to a year ago, and sell soon. It's upto somewhere around $19k and 6 months ago was at something like $3.5k or less....

and to think I almost bought $100 worth* 12 years ago... but then got sidetracked and completely forgot to figure out how to buy in. I could be a "BILLIONAIRE" right now :(

*12 years ago, $100 worth would have bought me something like 10,000 bitcoins, they were seriously like $0.10 each or less. Literally worth pennies. @ $0.10ea, at the est $19k price today... I could cash out for $190M (retired). I've been kicking myself forfor about 2.5 years now for not buying in when it was worth pocket change. Even if I had just done a $20 investment.... :/

But LOLmonade, you mind PMing me what you did to set up to mine?
my computer is already always on... might as well have it doing something when I'm not using it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 12:49:57 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile

Not if they bought in more than 6months to a year ago, and sell soon. It's up to somewhere around $19k and 6 months ago was at something like $3.5k or less....

How many people do you think fall into that category?  I think lots of people who bought a year ago probably sold-off a lot of theirs when it hit $1-5k.  Those buying-in now are very much gambling the same way those before were, but it's at a much higher premium cost and I suspect there's going to be a burst bubble with such a rapid growth.

and to think I almost bought $100 worth* 12 years ago... but then got sidetracked and completely forgot to figure out how to buy in. I could be a "BILLIONAIRE" right now :(

*12 years ago, $100 worth would have bought me something like 10,000 bitcoins, they were seriously like $0.10 each or less. Literally worth pennies. @ $0.10ea, at the est $19k price today... I could cash out for $190M (retired). I've been kicking myself forfor about 2.5 years now for not buying in when it was worth pocket change. Even if I had just done a $20 investment.... :/

Jeeeeeezz......I was only tangentially aware of bitcoin from back when Silk Road was a thing, I suspected it was never going to grow outside of usage for black-market purchases and didn't want to get involved in something I kept wondering when the fed would be cracking down on. 

Sorry to hear about that.  At least you didn't pay 10,000 bitcoin for a pizza?

Bear with me, BlacknMild, I'll send you the set of instructions I used to set mine up after I get off work.  Same situation as you, I don't turn-off my computer, so the difference in energy usage to have it actively mine coin I suspect isn't going to be that substantial.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
The thing about Crytpocurrency is at this point it is established. They have lots of safeguarding, and they're international. As time goes on they become rarer and rarer. You're more likely at this point to only buy a percentage a bitcoin then a whole bitcoin.

The thing about it now, is newer types of coins that are exactly like bitcoin except the name would be the thing to get into. Right now I'm looking at Ripple, or XRP. If I buy $30 now I'm gambling, $30 now will get me 34 coins, but if things go the same way as bitcoin then in 5-6 years it'll be worth 750k. There is high volatility in Crypto-currency. It goes up and down, but mostly up.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Guess it's time to put $30 here, and $30 there, and **** it... $30 over there too.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
You're the Oprah of $30 investments!

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Actually, that could make for an interesting app/service.

Thirty Dollar Investments.  You put in thirty dollars as often as you feel comfortable, then just trust the process.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Actually, that could make for an interesting app/service.

Thirty Dollar Investments.  You put in thirty dollars as often as you feel comfortable, then just trust the process.

It's so "throw a dart at it" that that app may just work as a selling point (gimmick) to randomly invest $30 here, and $30 dollars there.

ThirtyHere/ThirtyThere - The app for people that just want to invest in digital currency, but don't know what to pick, how to pick it, and don't have the time to figure it all out.
- Download the app
- Create an account
- Invest $30 today
- ? ? ?
- Millionaire this time next year!?

[Click Here] to get started today!!!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
If you had invested and sold ripple between the time I posted and yesterday you would have made $14 dollars. I think it's back down to $1.15 though(was $0.88 when I posted, an all time high of $1.30)

Unfortunately I don't have any money to play with. Now you'd have to invest $40 to get the same return.

Bytecoin is worth $0.005 right now. Verge is worth $0.16 and has a good name, but I haven't checked what coinmarkets they're traded on yet or how old they are. edit: Ugh there's two bytecoins that's a problem.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 02:47:59 AM by ThePerm »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
ripple coin is at $3.14 now, which means if I had put $20 in when I wanted I would have tripled my money.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:21:02 AM by ThePerm »

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
I was talking to a friend about Ripple at about the $1 mark.  Apparently there's a pretty long lead-time between when you sign up to be able to buy it and I hadn't gotten around to it.

I'm still not sure how the value is being assigned to these cryptocurrencies beyond a current demand coupled with people who see where bitcoin is at and want to get on the ground floor of another one.

I've been mining ether for a month and a half, and will basically have one ether coin by next year, lol.