Author Topic: EarthBound Together! (Hype & Preparation Thread)  (Read 1880 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
EarthBound Together! (Hype & Preparation Thread)
« on: October 09, 2017, 08:49:50 PM »
I mentioned it in the SNES Classic thread, and I'm not sure if there's too much interest here, but this topic will see. The idea is a community playthrough of EarthBound, just in time to celebrate the launch of the SNES Classic (And promote my youtube channel.)

But if we're going to do this, we're at a crisis point: What are we naming things at the beginning of the game!
We've got to name a boy, a girl, a nerdy guy, and some weird foreigner from somewhere over in Asia. Also, a dog, a favorite food, and a favorite thing.
Submit your ideas and votes! Don't make me choose!
The event will begin next Monday. 10/16/2017, though I haven't picked a time. You don't have to catch the stream live, though! Or even watch it at all. I'll be posting more information in the upcoming week, and listening to any ideas anyone else has along the way. So pick some names and things, and let's see what all we get. And feel free to toss out ideas for challenges, points of interests, and all that.

Also, if it isn't clear, try to avoid spoilers for now! Some people **COUGH**KHUSHRENADA**COUGH** haven't even really played the game yet. There's a first time for everyone.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
Re: EarthBound Together! (Hype & Preparation Thread)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 05:47:57 PM »
Way to be hyped, everyone. Way to be hyped.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 06:21:02 PM »
I'm just trying to avoid spoilers.

.....What's that?

.........Ness defeats Giygas?!

Well, that's just great, people! That's exactly what I was trying to avoid. Guess I'll go and do a community playthrough of Super Mario RPG in revenge.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 03:09:32 AM »
It's actually been long enough since I played Mario RPG that I'd be willing to revisit it.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 12:46:36 PM »
But... but... I'm already currently in a playthrough of Super Mario RPG. Nearing the end, even!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 05:49:08 PM »
C'mon guys, the game's fun! It'll be better together! But not glitchy like the new Minecraft Better Together!