Author Topic: E3 2017!!  (Read 13675 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: E3 2017!!
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2017, 11:46:46 AM »
I enjoyed Sony's show except for... "Here's a big ass theater. Park your asses down and watch a bunch of trailers you could have enjoyed from home."
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2017, 11:52:49 AM »
Number 1:
One of my most anticipated games from E3 so far is a remake of an HD Remaster of a PS2 game...
I just don't get why so many people were drooling over that remake when it was remade last gen.  It's already been in HD.  Is this really that exciting?

So.  If you played the "HD remaster" on PS3.  The visual upgrades were mostly about smoothing out the edges over the PS2 models, as well as getting the game a consistent framerate, which was a real problem on the PS2 version.  It looks nice, but it's clear that it's more shining a polish on the original game.

Without having actual knowledge, the trailer looked pretty likely that it was an actual remake from the ground up.  Everything in that trailer looks so much nicer than the original game AND the PS3 remaster. 

Shadow of the Colossus is a game I revisit every year or so.  And assuming they don't botch something core in the game, the framerate stays solid, and it looks that good?  I'm in. 

Only missed opportunity - I've read before there were additional colossus that were cut from the original game.  It's too bad they didn't have enough inertia to revisit the possibility of adding those in game.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2017, 12:45:03 PM »
Finishing up the conferences...

NINTENDO WINS E3

Rocket League play will foul mouthed children on Xbox edition!

Zelda DLC! Cass is back!

PRIME FREAKING FOUR

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 01:05:32 PM »
Rocket League is a good get for Nintendo, even if I have stated in other threads that I don't think it's the best platform to play it on.

It's telling how much people have wanted a new Metroid game based on how much fervor is being made about literally just an announcement of its existence.

Zelda Story DLC appears to revolve around the four champions.  Guessing it's going to take place before the events of BotW, maybe the events leading-up to Calamity Ganon.

They did a fantastic job with that Mario Trailer, I was fully expecting it to be Monster hunter, then they pull a bait and switch, then they got totally crazy.

All 3 platforms have games coming out within the next 12 months I want now, so I'm not concerned over "winners/losers".

Some questions I'd like answered by Nintendo:

Virtual Console? - When/If it'll exist, what platforms will be supported, etc.

Indies - A lot of indie games have been announced, curious when some of these will get firm dates or released.  While Rocket League is a BIG get, I would have also liked to maybe see more indie announcements.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 01:11:00 PM »
Breaking News! 3DS Samus Returns Metroid!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 01:49:42 PM »
The definitive ranking of E3 2017 Conferences:

Nintendo
Ubisoft
Microsoft
Bethesda
Sony
Devolver Digital
EA

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
The definitive ranking of E3 2017 Conferences:

Nintendo
Ubisoft
Microsoft
Bethesda
Sony
Devolver Digital
EA

Put Devolver Digital's event above Nintendo's and swap Bethesda with Sony, then I'd agree.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 02:00:59 PM »
Hey! ShyGuy's the Forum Reporter here. He's the only one qualified to make this call.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2017, 02:04:18 PM »
Hey! ShyGuy's the Forum Reporter here. He's the only one qualified to make this call.

lol, guess I'm not qualified to have my own opinion.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2017, 02:24:31 PM »
I'm afraid not. Just look at your avatar. You saw other people with it and just followed the crowd to keep from standing out. Can't trust your opinion because you'll clearly bow to peer pressure. Not ShyGuy. He was pressured to join in the Cult of Kong but he resisted and stuck fast to his avatar and principles. That makes him qualified to offer an opinion and be right about it. Of course, he'll never truly be accepted by the forums for his insistence on individuality but that is the price a forum hero must pay.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2017, 04:09:02 PM »
Dat Spider-man doe.
You mean QTE Spider-Man? Looks real pretty but littered with timed button-presses to win? That one?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2017, 04:10:53 PM »
I like that SM Odyssey had a full out original swing tune for its trailer. I assume the song is or will shortly be available for download? It's a pretty great standalone tune, IMHO.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2017, 08:49:29 PM »
Dat Spider-man doe.
You mean QTE Spider-Man? Looks real pretty but littered with timed button-presses to win? That one?

I reserve judgement til there's some way to try it out.  Spider-Man 2 has ruined the way I think Spider-Man should feel when you're traversing NYC.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2017, 01:00:38 PM »
Ultimate Spiderman has been my fave so far, but I also really liked Shattered Dimensions and, yes, Amazing Spiderman (I have it on WiiU). There's fun swinging around the city in that last one.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2017, 08:39:44 PM »
Dat Spider-man doe.

The game looked gorgeous.
But it looked like something I'd rather watch than play... the constant quick-time events do make sure that something cool is constantly happening on screen.

QTE seems like it could be a good and immersive idea, but has so rarely been fun. That hasn't changed since the days of Dragon's Lair.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2017, 02:37:41 AM »
I liked Spider-Man 2 the best as well, even if the story was kinda poorly done. Ultimate Spider-Man a bit later was better in that regard, as well as visuals, but the city felt smaller and the combat was a lot more limited. Oh and there's some stupid unskippable "hammer the button to open a door" sequences as Venom which are phenomenally awful.

The new game looks very cool, but it's PS4 only huh? Maybe I'll just grab Batman Arkham City for Wii U on the cheap and pretend it's Spidey instead.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2017, 04:08:56 AM »
Bat-man! Bat-man! Does whatever a Spider... man can!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2017, 09:22:02 PM »
Spider-Man is an open world game that also has QTEs in it. Game looks incredible.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Mark Warburton

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2017, 05:25:46 AM »
Spider-Man looked cool. Now I'm saving up for a PS4.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2017, 06:24:58 AM »
wow that as delayed
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2017, 03:16:22 PM »
Spider-Man looked cool. Now I'm saving up for a PS4.

Thanks, PS4 Spambot! I'm sure Sony is looking forward to your non-existent sale.