Author Topic: Is there any chance of Beyond Good & Evil 2 coming to Switch?  (Read 13952 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any chance of Beyond Good & Evil 2 coming to Switch?
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2017, 12:58:53 AM »
That brings back memories.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2017, 07:04:34 AM »
Ooooofffff yes that's some staggering footage!!! Welp, guess it might be skipping this console generation entirely? He's using an Xbox controller though, so maaaaaybe the new xxXboXxx420blazeit can run it? Then again I suppose people use Xbox controllers all the time for PCs too.

I'm gonna sign up for their website, really cool to see these videos. Still hoping it'll somehow come out on Switch, or possibly a future Nintendo console.

It's interesting to me that they went this route of building what looks like a custom engine, super high production values, and they even kept the same name for the project. Like, I was expecting they would've gone for a very small production budget, alter the name to something more catchy, based on the performance of the predecessor. But Ubi's going all out for this it seems, very exciting imo.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2017, 08:46:20 PM »
I dunno, I liked the pleasant little Zelda-like on the Gamecube. This is turning into something different.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2017, 11:22:28 PM »
Agreed, Shyguy, while this looked really pretty, it looked nothing like Beyond Good & Evil. They should have named it something else entirely and given the game it's own identity.

It actually reminds me of the tonal switch between Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Warrior Within, where they tried to make the game "edgy-er" and "mature".

And truth be told, all of Ubisofts showings aside from Mario Rabbids felt the same. I liked the trailers from a cinematic standpoint, but they felt like flashy CGI trailers for upcoming movies. I wanted a lot more actual gameplay out of them.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:25:05 PM by Donkos Kong »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2017, 11:37:42 PM »
There's a difference in quality between the cut scenes and the gameplay footage. They're not in game engine, they're probably pre-rendered Fmv. The gameplay footage is about the same quality as Uncharted 4.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:41:19 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2017, 05:29:59 AM »
Is the level of detail he's talking about from the demo really possible on Switch? I'll wait to see how many of the promises become reality before getting excited or disappointed, but I can't deny that the game looks interesting.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2017, 08:15:42 AM »
I dunno, I liked the pleasant little Zelda-like on the Gamecube. This is turning into something different.

Yeah it's pretty different. In some ways I wonder if this is more the angle they were originally going for, but couldn't due to constraints on technology or demands to meet a certain age rating?

I mean BG&E definitely tried for an open world, had several different vehicles, they already tried cinematic "outrunning gunfire of helicopters" scenes. Likewise the whole Chinese & Indian influence as the dominant one was present in 1, as were attempts at a very diverse cast (the computer operator in part 1 is blind lol, how do they see the screens?), and the whole trafficking/slavery aspect of the human/animal relationships.

Plus space travel is totally in part 1 too
I don't really mind some drastic changes if there are any, because I'd rather they don't just do part 1 again. But I'm certainly a biased fan who's just thrilled to see this return at all, so maybe that's why I've got very little demands for the sequel. I hope they don't shy away from the political themes, so to see the camera documentation back is a good sign imo.

EDIT: Tryna fix spoiltags
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 08:55:34 AM by Donkosaurus Kong »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2017, 03:46:18 PM »
Remember this trailer from... 2008?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2017, 03:50:18 PM »
Or this "leaked" one from... 2010?

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2017, 09:00:59 AM »
Or this "leaked" one from... 2010?

Yeah this one in particular feels a lot like the new cinematic. Escape to da choppa! Only difference is they went from free running/parkour to vehicular movement it seems, at least for the trailer. And this freerunning section still seems to focus on Jade. I wonder if they're trying to pull some sort of bait & switch by centering around new characters. Would be infuriating if they don't resolve the massive cliffhanger from part 1 and just never address it haha!

There was also this environmental test about 5 years ago. Shows they were really committing to the Indian inspired setting.