Author Topic: How would you rate the Nintendo iOS/Android games?  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Miyamoto

• Only person correctly capable of predicting the Switch's demise
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
How would you rate the Nintendo iOS/Android games?
« on: February 04, 2017, 02:12:46 PM »
I assume this is the right place to discuss Nintendo's foray into mobile gaming? Anyway:

Miitomo: 3/10
Super Mario Run: 6/10
Fire Emblem Heroes: 8/10

Obviously I've not played a whole lot of FE Heroes, but what I've seen so far I really like. My one major problem with Nintendo's mobile games is the constant requirement of an internet connection. I can kinda understand why this might be necessary with Android, but there's no need to punish us iOS users. Personally, I think it will have a noticeable impact on sales. Anywho, I'm really interested to see what they release in the future. Obviously we're getting an Animal Crossing game supposedly in the next few months, but I'd also like to see Warioware or Rhythm heaven. Also I'd like to see one of their racing IPs on there. I think this is ultimately where their future of mobile gaming lies, so it's going to be fascinating to watch how they proceed over the next few years.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:14:54 PM by khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: How would you rate the Nintendo iOS/Android games?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 05:45:56 PM »
You know, I've still yet to try and any of Nintendo's mobile games so far. No Miitomo, Pokémon Go, Super Mario Run or Fire Emblem Heroes. I've never really bothered with mobile games (no Angry Birds or Doodle Jump even) and I really don't do a lot with my phone or use it for much and it would seem that even with Nintendo releasing mobile games, it has done nothing to change my mobile habits. I've got no ratings on these games aside from the fact they just haven't seemed worth pursuing or playing to me.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 12:14:18 AM »
Miitomo looked cool, but it had so little to do.

Super Mario Run is slick, but it makes me want to play with a real controller.

Fire Emblem Heroes doesn't interest me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 01:13:42 PM »
The games are very well made. I never have connection issues or glitches, even when I try to cause problems by closing or minimizing the app.

Miitomo would have been great if I were younger. Not saying it is kiddy, but I just don't have the time to do more than fiddle around with it once in a blue moon. I'd rather be playing actual games or posting here with my free/game time.

Fire Emblem is a great celebration of the series and seems to be giving a steady stream of free orbs so there is a hope F2P folks can get some good draws. Though I am losing steam on the game since there are not a lot of missions to play after the initial release. Still nice to have for some time killing when out and about, letting me cultivate a group of FE all-stars for fun.

Mario Run looks slick, but still waiting on Android release. I think it was great to charge $10 because it helps break away from the crazy micro-transaction driven app market. I have enough google play credits to buy it and would gladly support it with my own cash if I didn't have that credit.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 02:17:33 PM »
I like Miitomo a lot.  I don't use it too frequently, however.  I'll open it once a day to get the giveaway and do the free ticket drop thing.  Rarely will I go further than that (I like to let tickets and coins build up for a while).  But when I do get into it, I like getting costumes for my Mii and making miifotos to use as backgrounds on my desktop.  But I would definitely use it more if I had more IRL friends on it.  Not that I don't love my internet friends, but it's not quite the same.

Super Mario Run I liked as well.  I mentioned in the other thread about the price.  I still think it's worth it.  I've since maxed out my number of Toads.  It's worth pulling out to play a couple quick Toad Rallies.

FE: Heroes I haven't played enough.  It feels the most like a "mobile" game, and that could be what tempers my excitement.  Not that it isn't fun.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 02:26:04 PM »
I haven't tried them. I don't really care for mobile games and these are no exceptions. I may try Super Mario Run if they release it on a Nintendo system.

I've tried the free-to-play Pokemon games on 3DS, and they didn't hold my interest, so they're not my kind of thing. I didn't put any money in and don't see myself ever doing that.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 11:29:21 PM »
Miitomo looked cool, but it had so little to do.

Super Mario Run is slick, but it makes me want to play with a real controller.

Fire Emblem Heroes doesn't interest me.

I mean, Super Mario Run is built off of one input, so would you just prefer a button press instead of touching/holding a touch screen? Wanting the game to play like a normal Mario defeats its purpose and ruins the level design which was made after the one input concept.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 10:37:03 AM »
I think most of us would prefer the one button input because we have been conditioned since the arcade days to use those physical inputs, which are more satisfying than a screen tap.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast