Author Topic: Official Switch Game Announcements  (Read 53768 times)

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Official Switch Game Announcements
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2017, 09:31:12 AM »
Am I the only one who got totally bored while watching that Sonic Force video?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2017, 11:02:17 AM »
No. 3D Sonic in particular just doesn't do it for me. I like watching 2D Sonic though that may be my nostalgia showing.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2017, 05:11:08 AM »
I was bored too.  3D Sonic never felt like a game to me.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2017, 05:50:47 PM »
Yeah, but Clex, Forces shares a Producer with Sonic 2006.

I'm going to go on the record stating that 3D Sonic peaked with Sonic Adventure 2, and that Sonic Colors has been the only game in recent years that was actually good, for two reasons: It was mostly in 2D, and that it rewarded the player with Boost energy stringently and many of its platforming challenges required management of that resource in order to obtain rewards.

I do think that some of the control aspects of the Unleashed style of 3D gameplay were very good- drifting around corners was especially nice, as were quick-steps, but boosting adds nothing except ramming through enemies, and when enemies can be easily defeated in such a way, it trivializes their inclusion. The only games that used a boost mechanic properly were Rush, Rush Adventure, and Colors, the former two challenging the player to memorize stage layouts and maximize their air and rail time in order to keep their boost chain up so that they could keep going fast.

I'll also say that Sonic Lost World had a great control system that was marred by absolutely atrocious level design.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 20, 2017, 08:16:35 PM »
I'm going to go on the record stating that 3D Sonic peaked with Sonic Adventure 2,

I can get behind that. SA2 was a big reason why I still cared about Sonic games into the Wii years.

I think the difference is that Sonic Adventure 2 was made to try and hopefully sell Dreamcast systems whereas, today, Sonic games are made to try and hopefully sell anything.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2017, 09:15:40 PM »
So, what you're saying is that the only thing that can save the Sonic franchise is a new SEGA console?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2017, 09:37:55 PM »
It would seem that way judging by the history of the franchise and quality of installments.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2017, 10:48:18 PM »
Something Radiant Historia related will be revealed on the March 23 Weekly Famitsu. It may or may not be Switch related.

http://radianthistoria.jp
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2017, 10:57:43 PM »
A sequel or an up port perhaps? I have it but never got far into the game. I really should go back to it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2017, 11:27:48 PM »
The first 20 hours of Radiant Historia are amazing.  It has a great battle system that's constantly changing and adding new things to the mix.  The problem is they stop introducing new mechanics around the 20 hour mark and then it drags on for another 20 hours that just reuse the same content and enemies over and over again.  The final 10 hours of the game go back to being amazing again when they go all out in the last area so it ends strong at least.

I would still heavily recommend it though since the story is great.  Even when the gameplay started to drag the story was strong enough to make me want to keep playing.  Of course one word of warning, anyone that wants to go the True Ending needs to use a guide since one of the side quest required to get it is impossible for anyone to do without it.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2017, 03:46:24 AM »
Turns out the Seiken Densetsu 3 tease from yesterday is the "Seiken Densetsu Collection," which includes the first three Seiken Densetsu games. Square Enix announced that it's launching in Japan on June 1 for 4,800 yen (both physical and digital). Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3 support multiplayer with up to three people, which seems like a perfect fit with the the Switch.

It doesn't seem like people are too hopeful for a release in the West, but, **** it, we region-free now. This is going to be my first import game. The box art looks gorgeous!

Oh yeah, and possible Radiant Historia on Switch is neat too, I guess. The DS game is still on my RPG list of shame. I've had the game for years without playing it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 21, 2017, 03:51:47 AM »
Considering that the first two games already have English translations and the physical release, maybe we will see it over here! Gonna cross my fingers for it.
My Game Collection

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2017, 04:03:49 AM »
At the very least, hopefully they include English language options for the first two games in the Japanese release. If Nintendo really wants to ingratiate themselves with niche gamers, they could step in and make it happen by offering to translate and publish it in the West (like they did with seemingly every Square Enix 3DS RPG that eventually came out here). I don't know how much work that would actually entail for the third game though.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2017, 09:34:19 AM »
That Radiant Historia thing is for 3DS so never mind then.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2017, 12:46:46 PM »
Shame. Is it a sequel?
My Game Collection

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2017, 01:03:10 PM »
Shame. Is it a sequel?

Remaster with additional content, if I read it right.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2017, 02:07:28 PM »
I would have been all over that for Switch, but just not all that keen on buying it for 3DS, since I still have the original DS title I could play.
My Game Collection