Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Game Thread  (Read 23995 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Monster Hunter Generations Game Thread
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2017, 12:59:16 AM »
I'm watching a video for class. Should be done in an hour. I can hop on after that if you will still be up.

Yeah I should be up. I'll set up a room and message you the code.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2017, 03:17:02 AM »
Still up Stratos if you are up to playing some. Got the room open.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2017, 01:45:21 AM »
Think I fixed my c-stick issue. I'll be up late playing some games if anyone cares to join me.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2017, 01:52:17 AM »
Coming on shortly.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2017, 09:21:36 PM »
Anyone interested in playing again tonight? I'll be home around 11 Pacific Time.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2017, 09:43:06 PM »
That would be me. I am currently working through the 3 star village quests so I should have a bit more to work with.

On another note I have been looking up different armor set videos and there were a few that stood out for early in the game. One of the sets had these skills. Attack up S, Razor Sharp, and weakness exploit.   You have the Rathalos helm, mail, and faulds and the Cenatar braces and the Bhenabra boots with a 2 slot tali. If you only have a one slot tali then you can have a one slotted weapon and exchange the helm for the cap for that extra point in attack.

The other one had early Bludgener which from my understanding raises the attack of low sharpness weapons and is typically best uses with a green sharpness weapon to get the most out of it. The other skill was Razor Sharp so you keep that sharpness a bit longer.   Set is this. Konchu Helm S, Bhenabra suit or Cenatar mail, Bone Braces S, Bone Faulds S, and the Bhenabra Boots S. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2017, 01:36:00 AM »
Just leaving work so will still be a bit before I get home.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2017, 02:01:49 AM »
Okay sounds good. I am doing a few of the 2 star guild quests currently. Mainly the hunt 20 of so and so monster quests.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2017, 04:00:05 AM »
So I made it up to the 4 star village quests and I do like I can take on Rathian, Nargacuga and Najarala offline because I needs some parts from all three. Thinking I am going to grab the Naja armor for the earplugs skill. Plus fighting Naja is fun in Aerial mode.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2017, 10:35:41 PM »
So I want to play a bit more with peeps here so I am thinking we could play a bit more on the weekend with everyone on the forum here. Would anyone be up for that?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2017, 04:24:55 PM »
I won't have time until mid-June, when I am out of school. Several things are coming up there I need to focus on, but I'll be out June 16th.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2017, 11:28:30 AM »
So I made a new armor set last night after playing with Mop it up for a bit.  I made an Attack up small, Razor Sharp, and Weakness Exploit set. There is a few ways to do it but the base is this Rathalos helm, Mail and faulds, with Cenataur Braces and Bhenabra boots. Now the variation comes from what type of tali you have. You can have a 2 slot tali and then put in the appropriate decoration, an one slot in the weapon and tali with the Rathalos cap instead of helm or do what I did and have a 3 point attack charm at least. I did the 3 star hunter hub coal quest to mine for charms and it turned out nicely on my first try. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2017, 01:42:57 PM »
So in the event we do not get Double Cross in the west, is anyone interested in getting the Japanese Switch version with me and playing that?

Would be fun to go through it together and learn some Japanese in the process.

In the mean-time, I'm itching to get back into Gen, if anyone want to play this weekend.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2017, 06:43:35 PM »
Yeah we can play this weekend whenever you want to.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2017, 04:50:43 PM »
I'll likely start getting into the online stuff real soon. I'm on the 5 star village quests right now so I'll probably be finishing that single player off really soon.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2017, 04:55:57 PM »
I've just been going up the online and offline at nearly the same pace aside from being up 1 or 2 star quests in the offline vs the online.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2017, 07:13:01 PM »
I just really wanted to do a monster hunter game's single-player entirely on my own at least once (although I'll probably do it again next time because single player monster hunter is really satisfying (if there is a next time (#FuCapcom)))

If you do multiplayer then even if you don't let yourself use the weapons and armor you got from there you're still gonna know the maps better or you'll know how monsters behave or just be used to how the game works.

I'll probably do prowler mode for multiplayer. It seems like a good change of pace and it will be fun to see how many fun and exciting ways I can find to screw my teammates over with a purrfectly timed bomb thro- err I mean fun and exciting ways to help my teammates slay the meownsters.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:17:34 PM by Donkepal148 Kong »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 09:54:19 PM »
Turned out this weekend was a bad one to game. Sister graduated and grandparents were in town. I should have much more free time this weekend. We could shoot for Friday or Saturday night (after 11PM PST), or anytime on Sunday.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 11:05:23 PM »
This week is up in the air for me as I am being interviewed on the 22nd and they might stay here for a few extra days. Also the 23rd is my birthday so maybe I can squeeze in some hunting goodness this weekend.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2017, 01:47:13 PM »
Well happy birthday!
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2017, 04:08:48 PM »
I should have much more free time this weekend. We could shoot for Friday or Saturday night (after 11PM PST), or anytime on Sunday.
It could work, I'll check back in at those times and see if anything's going on.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2017, 08:34:12 PM »
I want to kill Gammoth so I can upgrade my Arctic Ledge and use it to just thrash the Nargacuga and finish It's armor so I can get Evade Extender (which is the best skill in the game, no questions asked.) but I really want to have evade extender against Gammoth because that's a fight where evade extender is a huge asset.

So I made a new armor set last night after playing with Mop it up for a bit.  I made an Attack up small, Razor Sharp, and Weakness Exploit set. There is a few ways to do it but the base is this Rathalos helm, Mail and faulds, with Cenataur Braces and Bhenabra boots. Now the variation comes from what type of tali you have. You can have a 2 slot tali and then put in the appropriate decoration, an one slot in the weapon and tali with the Rathalos cap instead of helm or do what I did and have a 3 point attack charm at least. I did the 3 star hunter hub coal quest to mine for charms and it turned out nicely on my first try. 
I really miss my endgame set from MH4U. That one is ridiculous.

A life honed Baraq Sedation on it's own is incredibly nifty (especially since the SA is probably the weapon that benefits the most from the whole roll to sharpen thing) but combined with the seregios set which is basically designed to make those weapons kind of ridiculous and evade extender and you have a ridiculously good setup.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 08:38:06 PM by Donkepal148 Kong »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2017, 12:08:34 PM »
Turned out this weekend was a bad one to game. Sister graduated and grandparents were in town. I should have much more free time this weekend. We could shoot for Friday or Saturday night (after 11PM PST), or anytime on Sunday.

Okay so aside for tonight for a birthday dinner I am free to play.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2017, 06:36:49 PM »
I am house sitting and forgot my 3DS at home  :-\ . I won't be able to get it until tomorrow I think (maybe I can pull it off).

Happy birthday by the way!
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2017, 07:04:49 PM »
Gammoth is walling me hard right now. My first attempt is what got me to go for the Nargacuga set for Evade Extender and my second attempt has proven my decision to do that was justified but Gammoth hits like a truck. I have a +6 health talisman so I might be able to ditch speed sharpening to gem in some health boosts and work my way from there. I also have some max potions I can use and that's probably the better option.

I'm not a fan of the Scissor Axe because it's sharpness is laughable at best but it has an open slot and better Raw damage than the Arctic Ledge (conveniently I need some Gammoth parts to actually upgrade the Arctic Ledge so it will match the Scissor Axe's considerable Raw damage output.

I kind of needed to get walled at some point. It makes things so much more interesting.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 07:14:24 PM by Donkepal148 Kong »