Author Topic: Tekken Advance Disscusion  (Read 2061 times)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Tekken Advance Disscusion
« on: June 29, 2003, 05:22:37 PM »
is this game good? I saw it for $10 today but got Wario Ware instead. Should I pick it up sometime or is it not that good. O ya if you own it discuss stuff here : ) so this won't be considered a poll.
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Tekken Advance Disscusion
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 03:30:44 AM »
No, it's not very good. The graphics are kind of impressive, it looks faithful to the PSone original, but it's very slow. Moves are are pain in the arse to pull off, too.

Save your money for Street Fighter Alpha 3 or something.

Offline HolyPaladin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 04:42:43 AM »
I always hated Tekken, especially since so many PSX fanboys kept boasting in how wonderful it was, even though it was a worthless sack of horse crap.  Back when the game first shown its ugly head, I wished so badly that one could somehow whip out a Tekken versus Killer Instinct game just to watch the KI character hand the Tekken character their nuts as testicle-cabobs.  Faggits in dorky costumes, like the many cat masks, the rubber dinosaur outfit, and the rubber kangaroo outfit all found in Tekken, just don't stand a chance against the outlandish brutes found in KI and with KI characters taking nut-crushing to the realm of artform, the results of such a battle would go without saying.

One day, while at Wal-Mart, I passed what was either a Tekken or Tekken 2 arcade machine and happened to notice that the game was actually in progress but nobody was playing it, so I went over and continued.  I don't know what character was being played and knew nothing about the moves or anything, but I thrashed every single solitary character's butt simply by pressing forward and one other button.  Every one!  That's forward and one button!  I could have done that blindfolded!

I'd say there's a reason the game was seen for only $10.  
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke

If whatever I just posted sounds rude/hateful/whatever then you probably read it wrong, but I will insert apology here, anyways, just in case.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 01:12:44 AM »
Errr no. Tekken 3 on PS1 is a very good game, you must suck

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
RE: Tekken Advance Disscusion
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 04:48:29 PM »
I have tekken advance.  I played for somewhere around a month before I stopped enjoying it.  Its great and all but there arent enough extras.  Extras in a fighter is a must.  The only thing I unlocked was heiachi (or however you spell it). Not much of a bonus for beating it with all nine characters.  If you buy two and hook it up with a friend then its worth it, otherwise save those ten dollars on something more useful.
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 05:07:59 PM »

Originally posted by: HolyPaladin
I always hated Tekken, especially since so many PSX fanboys kept boasting in how wonderful it was, even though it was a worthless sack of horse crap.  Back when the game first shown its ugly head, I wished so badly that one could somehow whip out a Tekken versus Killer Instinct game just to watch the KI character hand the Tekken character their nuts as testicle-cabobs.  Faggits in dorky costumes,

that kind of rabid fanboyish smack talking and "Faggits" has gotten you pretty close to being banned