Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 759944 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #2225 on: February 05, 2018, 09:00:46 PM »
Yeah I passed on the Capcom bundle because I had literally just picked up all the RE games for PS4.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: February 06, 2018, 10:16:37 PM »
Like many people, I picked up the (special physical version of) Shadow of the Colossus PS4 remake and...wow, that game is gorgeous.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: February 23, 2018, 02:37:42 AM »
I picked up a few games on PSN. Valiant Hearts: The Great War, Symphony of the Night, and Sonic CD. I've enjoyed what I've played of all 3 of them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:21:11 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: February 24, 2018, 09:41:20 AM »
I pre-ordered the Super Mario Encyclopedia because I lack self-restraint.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: February 24, 2018, 02:06:53 PM »
I pre-ordered the Super Mario Encyclopedia because I lack self-restraint.
Sounds interesting. Is this a book (or books), or something else?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: February 24, 2018, 05:43:35 PM »
Sounds interesting. Is this a book (or books), or something else?
It’s a book full of nerdy Mario history stuff, but it doesn’t have a cool special edition like the Zelda one that looks like an oversized NES cartridge. Here’s the Amazon pre-order page if you’re interested.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: February 26, 2018, 07:12:53 AM »
Deep Space Waifu- Flat Justice (PC)

Don't look at me like that! Space shooters that aren't pure Bullet Hell are hard to find these days.
Mission...complete?

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: February 26, 2018, 09:57:11 PM »
Finally pulled the trigger on a New 2DS XL system. It'll be nice to get back to some 3DS gaming, as my old system has been broken for a long time - probably more than a year now.

Sadly, I won't be able to use it for a while. When setting up the system, I started transferring over content from my old 3DS and thought that it sounded like a great option to wirelessly transfer content from my old SD card to the new system. I can't believe how slow this process is! Had I known, I would have done the SD transfer via computer instead, but now that it's started I don't see any way to back out...

Oh well. It'll be there tomorrow, and I'll be excited to use it whenever things finish.

---

And now that my New 2DS XL is up and running, I noticed that Amazon.ca had copies of Etrian Odyssey V (3DS) sitting at $25 CAD.  Love that series, so sign me up for another dungeon crawl.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:53:54 PM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Online azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: March 11, 2018, 01:29:33 AM »
While i was picking up some books i noticed a Bayonetta poster. It actually came as a part of Bayonetta Special Edition so i felt obliged to buy it (despite having bought both games on Switch digitally):

It's nice.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: March 23, 2018, 08:59:14 AM »
I was able to score a PS4 Pro with a copy of Skyrim for $275 on offer-up last week. Lucked out with a student who bought one last fall and was moving/didn't play it much, so it all works like new.  I gotta say, not sure what it is, but it runs whisper quiet compared to my launch PS4, which sounds like a jet engine is revving up whenever it's playing any game more intensive than Rocket League.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: March 23, 2018, 07:04:44 PM »
I just bought MLB The Show 18, probably the only PS4 game I'll buy this year. We're living in a golden age for sports video games, and this series might be the best of all of them.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: March 27, 2018, 12:05:37 PM »
I picked-up Detective Pikachu (3DS) and the Detective Pikachu amiibo for my oldest son to find on Easter.  A step-back on the clutter, for sure, but he's going to be really, really excited considering how much he loves Pokemon right now.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 04, 2018, 11:40:56 AM »
Picked-up Snake Pass on Switch now that it's 1/2 off ($10).  Was excited to play, then realized it'd be an hour to download and I was gonna go to bed before that.  Oh well, something to look forward to for tonight.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2238 on: April 04, 2018, 10:30:37 PM »
In 2014 - back when it was due in Winter 2014 - I preordered Persona 5 for PS3 for $34.99+tax. Due to shenanigans, that order was cancelled.

A year after it came out, my branch of a certain river-based retailer had the PS3 version for $40 and it arrived today.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 07, 2018, 03:46:08 AM »
I grabbed a dualshock 4 to test it's compatibility with the PS3 because that's a thing that Sony did for some reason. The "Playstation" button does not work at all with the Dualshock 4 (outside of to power the system on.) Requiring me to rely on another controller (in my case the PS3 blu ray remote) to return to the home menu. Unfortunately when playing disc based PS1/PS2 games the PS3 will disconnect every controller connected to it and require you to press the PS button to reconnect them, even if it's connected through USB.

My hope is to relegate the Dualshock 3 to whatever I can't get to work with the Dualshock 4 but unfortunately that list seems to include the entire PS1/2 libraries. Apparently connecting the Dualshock 4 using a $60 usb to wireless adapter will fix this and I might try that because holy **** the Dualshock 4 is way better than the Dualshock 3.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 07, 2018, 12:49:54 PM »
The next bundle of Humble monthly games came in. As usual I don't care about most of the games even though I know they are usually of high quality but I did find this gem called Subterrain. An overhead zombie survival game, wait wait, I haven't gotten the the gimmick. You have to manage production/R&D/colony and you have to do it in real game time. Until later you have to manually recycle loose items which thankfully you can do with one click with the junk items.

You have to eat, drink, sleep, breathe, stay warm and piss. Piss is something of a Duke Nukem joke with the voice. Since you can *cough* hold it in for a while and I have yet had trouble finding a toilet. I don't know what the in-game penalty is.

With R&D is you have to sacrifice the item so it you just made the mk2 item and want to the mk3 you have to make 2 mk2. This takes real game time and you have to transport the items.

Time is the big resource as longer you take stronger the zombies get and more time it takes to complete your objectives let alone push them back. This compounds with every significant time waste worse than the same amount wasted before. While you might need a certain item to do certain things, time is the ultimate currency.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 13, 2018, 11:38:35 PM »
Yesterday was my last day at work. I was waiting for the printers to finish the papers so I drove by the used video game store just to kill time. I like hanging out with the girl behind the counter we talk about stuff all the time and she was interested in taking the job I was leaving behind so I was giving her tips. While there I was browsing the selection of PS4 games and came across a copy of The Order 1886 dirt cheap so I took a chance and picked it up.
I might have taken a chance on a Switch game if they would have had any in stock but they hardly every do.
I actually been wanting to get this game for a while and since it was under $10 I figured might as well.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 16, 2018, 12:17:45 PM »
... The Order 1886 ...
Let us know how you like that game. I acquired it for "free" with PS Plus a little while ago but haven't downloaded it yet. It's a huge file, 30GB plus.
Anyone else played it?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: May 03, 2018, 05:59:33 AM »
Far Cry 5. They said this is the biggest far cry map they have made.
Don't leave me hanging.

Jalopy. A **** box driving simulator. With the best parts installed it is still a shitbox but one where you can take from Berlin to Turkey through almost anything that is considered a road in the middle of the cold war. Would I buy that car? Hell no. Road trip? yeah, why not.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: May 03, 2018, 01:19:08 PM »
I recently purchased Korg Gadget for the Switch.

It's okay. Not as intuitive as Korg M01D for the 3DS, but that's more from a loss of touchscreen support in composition. I'll likely defer to M01D for planning out music, and then write it out in Gadget for the improvements in sound quality.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Online azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: May 04, 2018, 12:33:10 AM »
Pinball FX3 had a major performance update yesterday and i think they added vertical mode in that patch too.

I really liked Pinball FX on 3DS, especially Excalubur table on it. I liked it so much i bought that table on 360, Steam and Wii U.

After reading that developers apparently fixed framerate for Pinball FX on Switch i felt compelled to buy Excalibur on Switch too to thank them for supporting the platform.

Aside from vetical tablet mode Pinball FX also support HD Rumble and it is a surprisingly nice feature.

It really does feel like you're holding handles of a real pinball machine and can feel ball rolling around through them.

Check it out! It's free with one table.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 04, 2018, 10:52:25 AM »
I recently purchased Korg Gadget for the Switch.It's okay. Not as intuitive as Korg M01D for the 3DS, but that's more from a loss of touchscreen support in composition. I'll likely defer to M01D for planning out music, and then write it out in Gadget for the improvements in sound quality.
Weird that they took out touch controls for Switch though. Why?? Can you somehow export the tunes by the way? Don't suppose it does MIDI from the USB ports on the dock haha, but maybe a share function? Or just gotta record it yourself over the headphone out?

Pinball FX3 had a major performance update yesterday and i think they added vertical mode in that patch too.

I really liked Pinball FX on 3DS, especially Excalubur table on it. I liked it so much i bought that table on 360, Steam and Wii U.

I have that Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U still, which table(s) would you recommend besides Excalibur? Or is that the one you like best? I downloaded a few demo tables once but they're kinda short so it's hard to gauge which will be fun longterm.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: May 04, 2018, 04:43:11 PM »
The 3DS controls had a level of precision with the stylus that I can only assume is not possible with a finger touchscreen, but that’s understandable. I wouldn’t want fingerprints all over my touchscreen anyway.

The only ay to share music is via Switch to Switch connection- not exporting options of any kind. That’s kind of the final nail in the coffin for the game and the reason I can’t recommend it to anyone.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 01:38:54 PM by Evan_B »
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Online azeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: May 04, 2018, 11:47:29 PM »
I have that Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U still, which table(s) would you recommend besides Excalibur? Or is that the one you like best?
I just really like that table personally.
I downloaded a few demo tables once but they're kinda short so it's hard to gauge which will be fun longterm.
Pinball FX on Switch gives Sorcerer's Lair table for free. It's pretty decent too.

Outside of that -- i honestly don't know.

Someone on resetera wrote a long recommendation post for tables so consult it if you want.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 12:17:25 AM by azeke »

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: May 07, 2018, 08:27:34 AM »
The only ay to share music is via Switch to Switch connection- not exporting options of any kind. That’s kind of the final nail in the coffin for the game and the reason I can’t recommend it to anyone.

Hmmm bummer. Really your only recording options then are either through a microphone, which sucks, or the slightly better but still cumbersome option to route the Switch headphone out to a line-in somewhere...

Someone on resetera wrote a long recommendation post for tables so consult it if you want.

Hey cheers for that link, that's cool how people make these in-depth lists! :) I'm still stuck in the Wii U days for a while longer so sadly no free table for me haha, and many of the ones available are Marvel-licensed. But this list still covered quite a few which are available on the U, thanks!