Author Topic: Here there be ponies  (Read 133963 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Here there be ponies
« Reply #400 on: December 03, 2012, 12:05:06 PM »
Hmm Babs Seed I thought that she was an okay character. It is hard to come up with a new character and have a good backstory for them and still make them stand out as a character. Shining Armor from the Season 2 finale episode A Canterlot Wedding is probably the strongest that comes to mind.

As for the song what did you thing felt that was pandering about it. It was popish? Daniel did make a Rock version to the song but he hasn't released it yet. He did make a remix of the song though.
The transitions in the song and how it cut around.  Felt different then what they done before and more akin to the post edits that Fan have done.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #401 on: December 03, 2012, 12:46:55 PM »
Hmm Babs Seed I thought that she was an okay character. It is hard to come up with a new character and have a good backstory for them and still make them stand out as a character. Shining Armor from the Season 2 finale episode A Canterlot Wedding is probably the strongest that comes to mind.

As for the song what did you thing felt that was pandering about it. It was popish? Daniel did make a Rock version to the song but he hasn't released it yet. He did make a remix of the song though.
The transitions in the song and how it cut around.  Felt different then what they done before and more akin to the post edits that Fan have done.
I guess I can see your point and how it looped back around again. I just thing the song at that point was having a conversation as well be catchy which I think they did.

Find a Pet, Ballad of the Crystal empire and now Babs Seed has told a conversation with the lyrics. I personally think that it will most likely not be a trend since there is many styles that Daniel could do with the music. Also they do the seasons a year before they air.I believe that Daniels part is in the middle of the production cycle just a FYI.   

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 06, 2012, 03:49:21 PM »
So John De Lancie, aka Q from Star Trek, was in town and did an interview about Bronies of all things. He does a voice on the show and is doing a documentary about the fans.

Here is the article: http://www.inlander.com/spokane/article-18663-guys-and-dolls.html

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #403 on: December 06, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
Yeah John De Lancie does the voice of Discord on the show a villain from the Season 2 opener. Fun Fact. Before the episode was written they did not have the voice for John De Lancie but they did get him. Also the character Discord was written for John De Lancie.

As for that documentary is from an outsiders perspective from the fanbase. There is another one that is from inside the community that Saberspark and Paleosteno are doing right now which should be out soon.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #404 on: December 07, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »
Speaking of PaleoSteno he did a video review of the Trixie episode and its pretty good. He does shorter reviews that get to the point and are about 5 mins long roughly.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 07, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »
Got to see "Magic Duel"  Another Ultimate Power Corrupts Ultimately episode.  In fact it reminded me of Season 3 opener and Season 2 Opener.  What is it with evil ponies and putting Ponyville under glass or like.

It was nice to see more little thing for people who have watched for a while like the rock farm.  Not a bad episode.  I don't see how juggling animals would be hard for Twilight Sparkle at the beginning of the episode because she's been lifting more and larger objects all the time.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #406 on: December 07, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »
Yeah there was lots of call back from MA Larsons episodes in this episode which was pretty cool. I also liked the opening before the theme song. Apparently it was a Gremlins reference with the old shop keeper. I also like the part with Zecora and her pretty much being Yoda from Return of the Jedi.

Also I didn't really have an high opinion on Trixie before this episode but this episode did change it for me.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 07, 2012, 07:33:57 PM »
Yeah there was lots of call back from MA Larsons episodes in this episode which was pretty cool. I also liked the opening before the theme song. Apparently it was a Gremlins reference with the old shop keeper. I also like the part with Zecora and her pretty much being Yoda from Return of the Jedi.

Also I didn't really have an high opinion on Trixie before this episode but this episode did change it for me.
The Beginning was amusing.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #408 on: December 08, 2012, 02:45:57 PM »

The Beginning was amusing.

Yeah I did like the beginning and the rest of the episode.

Well just finished watching the new episode a few times and it was a Scootaloo episode and it has been a long time coming.

Few things I noticed off the bat.

It was written by someone who hasn't written any episodes in the series. Her name was Corey Powell. I liked how they had all the CMC and sisters back in the episode as well. I did like Scoots portrail through the episode and how she grew through it. I also liked how we found out more about other characters in the series and what they did when they were not doing what they normally do.

I did like all the small callbacks in this episode that they have. Chronological from the start of season 1 to now here is the ones I saw.

The trees from Season 1 episode 2 where the first song comes in, Season 1 episode 16 where Rainbow Dash saves Rarity was mentioned around the campfire by Scootaloo, Rarity's Fainting couch and it is on wheels comes back from Lesson Zero and she is being pushed by sweetie Belle at a point,  Also Harry the bear which was first mentioned by Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy in Season 1 episode 25 and later came back in Lesson Zero and in Season 3 episode 3 Too Many Pinkie Pies. Also Luna came back and she has more of an appearance from her Season 3 episode 1 and 2 then her Season 2 episode 4 appearance in that she is more calm.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:13:23 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #409 on: December 10, 2012, 11:40:29 AM »
November Top 10 came out and they were pretty good.

and
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 10, 2012, 02:26:37 PM »
Watched the Scootaloo episode yesterday.  Pretty typical fair.  Though I do have to wonder where are Scootaloo parents and why isn't she up in Cloudsdale.  I mean Pound Cake can fly some but Scootaloo who is much older doesn't seem to be able to.  Are her parents not Pagasi like Pound Cake's?  Its nice to see what Luna actual role is in the world in ation.  This episode was a long time coming because we all knew that Rainbow Dash would become her defacto sister.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #411 on: December 10, 2012, 03:03:27 PM »
Yeah there was some questions left unanswered in the episode but it was nice to see Rainbow Dash bonding with Scootaloo.I thought this episode was a mix of Sisterhooves Social, Sonic Rainboom and a little Lunar Eclipsed in one.  Yeah with Luna if you think about some of the past episodes it explains where she was during the Royal wedding episode. I mean She does have to sleep herself during the day to help out during the night of all the citizens of Equestria. Only real exception was the season 3 opener.

I will say that this episode is probably my fave now of the season which is a pretty impressive thing considering what has aired in previous episodes. Too Many Pinkie Pies, Magic Dual and The Crystal Empire and this it is pretty solid so far.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 12, 2012, 10:30:43 PM »
This thread should be renamed to the "Maxi Memorial Thread (with Ponies)".
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 25, 2013, 10:07:38 AM »
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 25, 2013, 01:09:03 PM »

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #415 on: November 25, 2013, 09:35:34 PM »
::facehoof::
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 19, 2017, 02:07:26 AM »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 25, 2017, 09:55:01 PM »
There's been a Pone thread 'round these parts this whole time and Nobody told me?!?

seriously, though. I never check this subforum, so... yah.

I do le pony art. I got on in the season 2-3 lull, and although I still love ponies and all that, I've kinda lapsed halfway through season 7.

I also have a shitty OC pony that people seem to like, so... meh.

Never search artist:Clexyoshi on derpibooru

I'm just going to leave this here...http://www.thegloss.com/2013/03/23/culture/my-little-pony-le/

Oh god, is that that thing with that guy who wanted to stop Kevinsano fr- OH **** YES IT IS.

You... you do not want to go down the dark, dark spiral of learning about that 'Jin' fellow who married his Twilight Plushie. things get weeeeeeird.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 09:59:19 PM by ClexYoshi »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #418 on: August 20, 2018, 11:53:17 PM »
Do I even tempt to bump this thread...…  Yes Yes I do.

I am just going to say that I kind of fell out of this fandom at least reduced my activity from when I used to post a lot of MLP:FIM stuffs.  I do go to meetups with local people here in Phoenix and watching the episodes as they come out but I don't really interact with the fandom at large anymore.    I'm just going to say there is still problems within it and not just the groan worthy stiff like the above and other stuff but actual toxic stuff. 

In any case Gen 4 is coming to a close with the 9th season to be its last and we are nearing the end of the 8th season currently.  Also Bronycon is hosting its last convention next year so it is fitting the two are ending.
Alexis, she/her/Miss