Author Topic: Triple A Mafia test post  (Read 4885 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Triple A Mafia test post
« on: January 31, 2010, 09:33:05 PM »

Story
Welcome to Jericho, Texas. The Italian mafia and Irish mob compete to rule this once decent town and use it as a headquarters for running liquor across the Mexican border. Decent townfolk are scarce and the law is outnumbered. Whose side are you on?

Rules

Players

Roles

- Irish Godfather - Irish Mafia #1 - Irish Mafia #2

- Italian Godfather - Italian Mafia #1 - Italian Mafia #2

- Townie Investigator - Townie Prostitute - Townie Vigilante

- The Killer

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Re: Triple A Mafia test post
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 09:33:34 PM »
Okay, this is a sample of what I would like to do for a triple A mafia game. It's not a real mafia game, just an example. Although my theme is based on the movie Last Man Standing, which parallels a forum mafia game very very well.

Let me explain what we've got going on here:

I think a graphic header adds an identity to the game and should be at the head of every day's post.

I like the game's story as a short and sweet premise that tells everyone what they need to know. Moderators often lag behind writing the daily story and half the player don't read it anyhow.

A link to the rules post.

A link to the player list.

Illustrations of each of the major roles, with color coded borders. Makes it easier for people to keep track. Also, when a role is killed, we update the picture with a red X.

I think this information should present in each day's first post and would help the games go smoother.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:37:25 AM by ShyGuy² »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 11:54:20 PM »
In as ... the man with no name?  WTF?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 12:05:44 AM »
This isn't a game. it's a proposal. I would have put it in the mafia forum, but I can't make a new post there.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 12:07:33 AM »
I like your idea for organizing the Day Posts Shyguy. They are likely to be more organized than most hosts.
I know you aren't having a game yet but perhaps more hosts in the future can use this template.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 12:14:00 AM »
You guys have lots of regular players for Mafia and all of you have worked on your story telling and themes. Now it is definitely time to step up on the presentation side of things.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 12:33:46 AM »
I don't know if I would want to host a full mafia game to start, maybe a partnership with a host and I provide some of the presentation aspect?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 12:19:41 PM »
Alright. While I'm not going to do that with the current mafia game, I can definitely see this working well with the game I'm co-hosting with Thatguy. That will work well since there will be prizes as well so that is what I am banking on for making a triple AAA game.

In the meantime.....
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 02:25:15 PM »
For Mafia 75, I'm going to give this set-up a try. ShyGuy's dream will finally come true. I made the Mafia logo/banner which you can see in the sign-up thread so the job's already 50% done.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 07:26:30 PM »
Come on, Shyguy, get with the program! "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting".
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 09:25:55 PM »
Man, Photobucket is terrible.

Khush: write out the story for all the days before you start the game.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 09:33:57 PM »
Kinda hard to write out the story when it will change based on what happens and who it killed. The best stories are done live and in the moment.

I agree that Photobucket sucks. I took a lot of effort to make sure I was hosting copies of all the images I posted here, since I was raised in the age where "stealing bandwidth" was a big issue. I am tempted to migrate my Photobucket albums to Imgur and go through my old posts, converting the links, as I hated the thought of having broken links in my posts.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 12:07:34 AM »
Yeah, photobucket's recent policy change has been hurting these forums and past threads. It finally killed my support of photobucket so good job there, ya idiots. I'm also thinking of moving all my images to imgur and then going through my posts to reapply the broken image links (particularly for Mafia threads) but that's a big job so it will be awhile. Maybe Photobucket will reverse their policy by then if it proves to be harmful but I think they are too desperate to find a way to monetize their site at this point for that to happen.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 01:45:44 AM »
I think you can have an underlying story written and then either work in character names or have a separate storyline for the players.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 07:51:33 PM »
Photobucket has been going downhill for a while. I can't be on their site without my browser chugging like its rendering a high graphics game.

Soon I will migrate all my images just because I don't want to lose some of them when the site inevitably closes down.
My Game Collection