Author Topic: Sony's Motion in the Blue Ocean  (Read 174990 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Sony's Motion in the Blue Ocean
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2009, 01:20:55 PM »
he's not wearing it, it's dangling from the Disco Stick

I tried to edit the pic to show you, but tinypic is not cooperating with me.

edit:

I'm not sure that's attached to the disco stick, looks more like a microphone attached to his clothes to me. The first of the two pictures doesn't include that part.

Here is a different angle of the same guy;

it's dangling from the glow stick

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2009, 02:34:54 PM »
he's not wearing it, it's dangling from the Disco Stick

I tried to edit the pic to show you, but tinypic is not cooperating with me.

edit:

I'm not sure that's attached to the disco stick, looks more like a microphone attached to his clothes to me. The first of the two pictures doesn't include that part.

Thanks for clarifying, sorta, but I wasn't looking anywhere near the dudes crotch aside from the obvious wrist location... perv.

Pre-post edit: Wow I was going to just post this reply without reading the third page but I'm glad i did. How hard are you looking at that dudes dick BnM?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2009, 03:09:50 PM »
I think he prefers "that" Sony Wand.  Maybe its bulb lights up, too?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2009, 03:39:54 PM »

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2009, 06:28:32 PM »
By the way, thread title should say Red Ocean.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2009, 06:30:12 PM »
But Sony doesn't know that.  They think they're finally swimming in the same fish tank as Nintendo.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2009, 06:44:58 PM »
By the way, thread title should say Red Ocean.
But Sony doesn't know that.  They think they're finally swimming in the same fish tank as Nintendo.

Exactly, but if I was to name it anything different, it would have been Sony's Motion in Nintendo's Ocean.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2009, 09:32:05 PM »
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2009, 09:48:11 PM »
I have no idea why it was removed.

I whited out the entire picture except for the area that showed the wrist strap.
then I drew a big fat black arrow that might have resembled a penis since that is what you apparently had on your mind.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2009, 10:31:07 PM »
with the description "big fat cock" it sounds like its what was on YOUR mind.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2009, 05:20:52 AM »
Are we sure that they aren't just using the Dualshock3 to demo due to an unfinished 2nd control device? 

If they don't make some other controller device like the nunchuk then its gonna fail.  I just tried holding a wii mote and a Dualshock3 together....it doesn't work very well.

If I'm sitting down and i can rest the Dualshock3, then its not that bad.  However standing and using both is a bit trickier.  I found myself wanting to hold the Dualshock3 at an angle so the weight doesn't anchor my hand downwards.  This causes my ability to use the analog stick to be very inaccurate and just feels completely awful.  I also seemed to have to re-grip the controller a couple times after pressing buttons and such.

This reminded me of when trying to replicate the wii mote would play like before the Wii came out ;D

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2009, 06:32:59 AM »

The fish tank would be red either way.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2009, 10:30:33 AM »

The fish tank would be red either way.

All Sony did was demo some hardware, they haven't released anything to turn the water from Blue to Red yet. It would only become Red if Glow Stick & Natal start to gain some traction, otherwise Nintendo still sails in Ocean Blue waters.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2009, 09:57:42 PM »
I just tried holding a wii mote and a Dualshock3 together....it doesn't work very well.

Have you ever tried holding just a Dual Shock controller alone? It doesn't work very well in that regard either.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2009, 12:33:03 AM »
Sony needs to call this controller "Revolution" and in every PR interview, they need to act like they never heard of the Wii and that motion controllers were their idea.

No one should take this seriously. It's going to fail. You can blame the asinine DS3+wand set up (though I read somewhere that it's only the "cheapest solution" and that they're planning a nunchuk) or the glowing bulb, but the fact remains that the wand and camera are extras. The Wii remote is successful because it's the entire point of the console. On top of that, when it launches, it's over 3 years too late.

I like my PS3, but TGS 2009 is just utter fail for Sony. No UMD conversion for PSP Go? What the hell? So, on top of some retailers flat out refusing to stock it, Sony just gave every PSP owner another reason not to care. Right....
Nah, a big glowing ball and holding a heavy controller in your left hand will immerse you instantly!
Heavy? You're such a girl. :P

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2009, 01:01:00 AM »
I like my PS3, but TGS 2009 is just utter fail for Sony. No UMD conversion for PSP Go? What the hell? So, on top of some retailers flat out refusing to stock it, Sony just gave every PSP owner another reason not to care. Right....

I wouldn't call the entire TGS 2009 a fail for them.  I'm more excited for the next wave of JRPGs than I have been in years, especially with FF XIII on the horizon.  But yeah, if I hadn't seen it for myself I'd never have believed Sony could f-up a system launch even more than they did the PS3.  Well, their handling of the PSP Go certainly set a new standard in that regard.  And right now the only thing that interests me about the upcoming wave of PS3 motion controlled games is this rehash of RE5 that's going to have a new section of gameplay devoted to the only aspect of RE5 that felt anything like a Resident Evil game: the Spencer mansion flashback.  Other than that, Sony's wand can go jump in a lake...or shall I say "Blue Ocean"?  Sony needed to show off must-have games that use motion control and they failed, utterly.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 01:02:59 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2009, 01:43:10 AM »
even though the ice cream cone looks stupid, it seems from that old test video that its going to work pretty well. My brother bought this damn card game for his ps3 camera, and while it was really cool it sucked.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2009, 03:16:49 AM »
Here is another blast from the past
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171032

I wonder what happened to that?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2009, 06:01:35 AM »
Here is another blast from the past
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171032

I wonder what happened to that?

it looked like a penis, and a sack

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2009, 01:48:57 PM »
Are we sure that they aren't just using the Dualshock3 to demo due to an unfinished 2nd control device? 

I read somewhere (can't recall where) that Sony is working on a Nunchuk-type attachment.  It didn't seem like they knew for sure if they would release it or just force people to use the regular controller, but it would be a definite option regardless.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2009, 10:44:47 PM »
It might end up being shaped like a man-wang.

Just what I always wanted, Sony inventing a new meme for us to mock.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2009, 06:25:20 PM »

i think they realized the error of their ways when they decided on the ice-cream cone.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2009, 11:09:59 AM »
I had something like this when I was a kid, when I went trick or treating. It helped me see in the dark, and helped cars and stuff to see me... the only difference was the ball thing on the end was shaped like a pumpkin on mine.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »
I hope that company patented the design, but we know they won't sue for damages until well after Sony launches it ;)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2009, 03:42:34 AM »
Nintendo better watch it's back. Sony says that Wii won't be able to compete with GEM in family, sports and shooter games when it comes to motion controls...

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/213252/sony-talks-2010-project-natal-and-wii-are-going-to-have-trouble/

GP: What kinds of upcoming PS3 titles will benefit from motion control?

Koller: It's a pretty seamless toolset that's going to accent gameplay substantially. In terms of the best types of games, I'd say that right now we're looking a real wide variety of genres that can utilize the technology. I think the areas that are going to be really critical to our success will be family games, as well as shooters and sports games. Those are going to be the areas that will really define success, because they're areas that quite honestly, I think Project Natal and the Wii are going to have trouble matching, from a differentiation standpoint. We look at motion control as being that much more than what exists on the market. The Holy Grail of gaming is placing you as a consumer into the game physically. When we provide further details, people will see exactly where we're going, not only from a technological standpoint on the hardware, but also where the gameplay is transitioning. It's going to be a really exciting launch.

Oh Sony.....
Nintendo owns 2/3 of what you just said they'll "have trouble matching" and have owned it for 3 going on 4 years now.