Author Topic: Action Replay Max Duo  (Read 2160 times)

Offline adadof3

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Action Replay Max Duo
« on: March 03, 2007, 09:06:05 AM »
Hi,

I wonder if someone can give me some guidance on whether an Action Replay Max Duo will give my step-son any benefits. I have done a lot of reading today on the equipment, but still have a number of questions that I can’t find answers to.

A bit of background:

-   Step-sons each have a GBA SPs, and an NDS
-   Both have Flash Cards, used primarily for swapping saved games with their school friends
-   Games played are almost exclusively of the Pokemon family.

I am aware of the limited functionality that the Replay gives with regard to the NDS, but they are still keen on purchasing these for their GBAs, in order to enter cheat codes.

My key questions are:

1.   What cheat codes come with the Replay? I am surprised that I couldn’t find a definitive list anywhere. I am particularly interested in what cheat codes it gives for the respective Pokemon games.
2.   How can new codes be added to the Replay, ie for new games that come out? I read somewhere of a subscription service, do I therefore assume that the codes are not in the public domain and hence that there will be additional cost involved?
3.   Similarly, I believe that the Replay allows access to a host of saved games. Where is the best place to obtain these, and do they cost money?
4.   Will the replay work with a Flash card?
5.   If we don’t get a Replay, is there an online resource for loading saved games onto the Flash

Hope some one can help, look forward to feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Action Replay Max Duo
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 06:35:27 PM »
I don't know about today's ARs but back on my original Gameboy they had a function to analyze the memory for certain changes and use that to find out new codes. Though I think modern ARs are aimed more at modifying saves. Pokemon is a very stat-heavy game so that would work well but I'm not sure if it'd be worth the hassle. Unless you play against other people there is no challenge in these games and you can easily work your pokemon to have stats MUCH higher than anything you'll fight in the game.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
RE:Action Replay Max Duo
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 07:13:22 PM »
You can find most of your answers on the official Action Replay website: www.codejunkies.com
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE: Action Replay Max Duo
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 12:35:59 AM »
Duo is just a GBA AR with the ability to transfer saves for DS games in and out of your DS game, can't use codes for DS games.  There is a AR for the DS that does let you use codes and stuff like a normal AR, but it is a seperate product.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline adadof3

• View Profile
RE:Action Replay Max Duo
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 09:30:18 AM »
Many thanks for all of the responses. Looks like it might be useful; think I will get one for now, and maybe another if it proves to be a hit.

Thanks again.