Author Topic: Golden Sun :Lost Age  (Read 10304 times)

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Golden Sun :Lost Age
« on: February 17, 2003, 08:19:12 AM »
Is this game released yet in US?
I thought with the flash-memory capabilities of the GBA u maybe could transfer your Golden Sun save gameto this game.
Anyone know if u have to start over? Itwouldbe very cool transferring my lvl41 party to new game or at least some items.

El Pollo Diablos

Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).
Planning on buying an Xbox! Now all I nead is a good gamertag for Live!

Offline MajorLocke

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 09:18:04 AM »
No, it hasn't been released yet in the U.S.
For DS and PSP: http://www.majorlocke.com

Offline JSR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 10:24:34 AM »
It's coming out in April.
It's Random and It's Nintendo - Random Nintendo

Offline DarkNite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 12:10:27 PM »
April 14th to be exact. You start off the game with Felix, Jenna, and Sheba at Lv. 5 and met the 4th member of the team later on. You will also met up with Issac, Mia, Ivan and Garet later in the game.  
Chicken Pox?! Mom, what is this guy? A Veterinarian?! - Calvin

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 03:43:23 PM »

Originally posted by: DarkNite
You will also met up with Issac, Mia, Ivan and Garet later in the game.

Which is where the save file from Golden Sun comes in.  You have to have completed Golden Sun for it to work, but if you can do it at a low level, that would make the battle quite a bit easier.

-- ShockingAlberto
Press X to run.

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2003, 04:54:37 AM »
So there is no point of making my characters any lvl higher exceptforbattelingfriendsand ifI want a challenge?

El Pollo Diablos.
Nintendo is going to treat us good:F-Zero and Star Fox Armada, new Pikmin, 1080, Kirby, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and 2 or 3 new franchises ( maybe mature).

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2003, 03:43:12 PM »
I was really hoping to play as Isaac and gang again. I don't really want to play as someone I was fighting against originially...
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2003, 07:41:29 AM »
GBA doesn't have flash memory.  You're going to need to get the password from the first game, then input it into the second game.  If you want to transfer over everything, it'll be about 120 characters worth of inputting.

I really want this game.  Badly.
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2003, 12:01:37 PM »

GBA doesn't have flash memory.

It doesn't?  I guess I was just imagining playing my Animal Crossing island on my GBA then ...
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline ShockingAlberto

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2003, 04:07:50 PM »
You do realize GBA has a sleep mode, correct?  That allows cartridge swapping, a la Golden Sun and Lost Age.

-- Shawn K.
Press X to run.

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2003, 04:17:34 PM »
I'm uber exciteda bout this here game.  The first was a miracle, really.  It's almost like the 32-bit handdrawn RPG we were always waiting for and never got...well, almost never got.  That isn't to say that there were no good RPG's of that kind on 32-bit systems, but...well, just move on, okay?

And the music in that game!  I hooked up my PC speakers to my GBA to play that, and it really was very nice.  Other games sounded extremely "tinny" but that one did very well.  
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2003, 08:59:42 PM »
off the topic, but sean, i love your signature, that is deffinetly one of the best books ever written.  I'm a philosophy major, so i use that book as reference all the time, you ever read "The Idiot".  I think it is better.

By the way, what if you havent beaten Golden sun.  I am at the end, but stopped playing for awhile.  Now i am at the final tower... BUT NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING THERE.  I am afraid i will have to start over.  Is the transfer just a speacial feature.  Also does this mean all the new summons as well as the old ones will be available since i am assuming you can transfer the old Djinni's.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2003, 05:12:29 AM »
Off topic response: Rah, thanks man.  It's probably the best book I've ever read.  Last year I got into Russian stuff and Dostoevsky just about killed me because I couldn't do anything but think about getting back to the current book.  I read "Karamazov" first and then went through "Crime and Punishment" and "Notes from Underground."  Amazing stuff, which goes without saying.  I HAVE to read "The Idiot"--still haven't!  Better than "Karamazov"?  That's a darn big claim!  ;-)

Anyway, back to the topic, I'm with you Rah, I got to the very last boss, but saved in the exact WRONG SPOT which means I had to go back through the tower to level up and after I died a few times at the last boss at too low a level, I gave it back to my friend because I was ready to move on and really just didn't want to go back through the tower to level...haha.  It's kind of a labyrinth, you know?  ;-)  I'm ashamed of it, okay?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2003, 09:54:56 PM »
I think I should really look for a copy of Golden Sun 1.  I might be interested in it.  I just really don't know if it's worth $40.  That's a lot of money, and I have to buy SKies of Arcadia and Zelda in the next two months.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline EL Pollo DIablos

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2003, 02:40:22 AM »
Sean how did u hook up ure speakers with it?
I really really would like to know how  
I was fortunate to save on the right moment.
I was really disspaointed inhow easy the last boss was.
Well he was the hardest to beat butit wasnt strong.

EL Pollo Diablos

Offline ssj4_android

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2003, 12:50:04 PM »
I also saved at the wrong place. I got up to the final final boss, but I died. I went there again, and I barely defeated it alive.

Offline CrYpTiC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2003, 04:40:09 PM »
I wish you could play the GBA online or something. Nobody I know has a GBA. I wish I could play it with some other people for once.
Best Browser Available
http://www.mozilla.org
Download Phoenix today!
Screw IE!

Offline Sean

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2003, 08:04:31 PM »
El Pollo, to answer your question, my speakers, (some cheap but nice-sounding Altec Lansings from Best Buy) hook into my computer (like many people's) with a regular headphone-style jack.  It fits directly and easily into the GBA.  Nothing technical at all.  Now, whether or not I'm doing some kind of damage to something by doing this, I don't know.  So far so good.  ;-)