Author Topic: Help me with my dream!  (Read 36576 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Help me with my dream!
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 09:50:05 PM »
Hell, I'd have been happy had I ever managed to get ONE copy of Faceball 2000. I've always wanted that when I only had the original GB.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2007, 11:56:33 AM »
KDR - do you wanna come and play when I get it set up?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Help me with my dream!
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 12:27:50 PM »
UncleBob,

Make an event at a gaming con where people pay to have a chance to be one of the 16.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2007, 12:28:04 PM »
Vudu, you'd better be serious.  I'm only nine copies short and I'm got one pending and could have two more, but the asking price on the pair is a little bit above what I want to go at this point (anyone want to donate to my cause? )

And if this other deal goes through, I'll have 20 link cables coming in that should take care of the linking issues.

I think this is actually going to happen.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2007, 12:51:50 PM »
If This event happens I think it deserves a press release and sponsors. Heck, it's tempting to fly out for if I can find a copy of the game. UncleBobfest 2K7!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 01:06:15 PM »
It was suggested to me that I shoot an e-mail to Nintendo Power.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 01:09:51 PM »
Good idea. I think if you issued a press release to the various gaming blogs you would get some coverage as well.

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 02:53:07 PM »
Ill run the story on my news section on my site, it will be the biggest news I ever ran so far. Plus you get the exposure of a site that gets less than 100 hits a day
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2007, 03:02:10 PM »
Hot diggity darn, I won an auction... Check it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:US:11&Item=130063690189

I'll be updating my list above in a moment.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 04:09:55 PM »
So I guess that takes care of your cable needs, huh?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 04:41:05 PM »
How can I donate to the cause? I'd love for this to become reality!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2007, 01:18:19 AM »
vudu: Yup - and then some!  I might make a suit out of the leftovers.

Well, Karion, There are a number of things that can be done.  First and foremost, the biggest problem with this will be finding copies of FaceBall 2000 - and cheap.  If you know of any used video game stores, go and check 'em out and let me know if they have any.  If you'd like, you can even contact me at the number in my signature so I can let you know if I'm willing to pay the cost of the game plus shipping.

In addition, I also need a super-cheap four player adapter.  I thought I had seven, but, I can only seem to find six.

I'm well on my way to getting the Game Boy units that I need - however, if you (or anyone else) have any way of getting me a super-cheap Japanese Game Boy Light (the only generation of Game Boy I don't have in the mix) or a super-cheap second Game Cube (for my extra Game Boy Player I've got), that would be awesome.

Also, if I can find a super-super-cheap SNES (I only need the console itself - I've got power cords, A/V cords and controllers) that I could use to modify for Japanese games (I'm not cutting up my SNES - that's just mean!), that'd be wonderful.  Right now, I plan on using my SNES-mini with a Game Genie to use the Super Game Boy 2 (Japanese-only Super Game Boy with a Link Port).  Aside from the fact that this makes a monster Tower-of-Power (NOW, you're playing with it!), due to the fact that the Game Genie doesn't support FX chips and the SGB uses FX chips for sound... there's no sound coming from it.

And, finally, you can just donate me money!  (heh... it was worth a shot!)  This is an expensive little adventure - and, for example, I've got a person on CAG who can get me 2 additional copies of FB2K, but it's going to be about $30 after shipping... Quite a bit more that I want to spend (I'm *really* trying to keep the copies of the game under $10, because 15 copies of the game at $10 each means $150...)

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2007, 03:47:22 AM »
I for got to call the used game store my buddy owns Ill do that today and see if he has any copies of the game. regardless if GS has them cheap or not please do not ask me to go in there and deal with those evil people.
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2007, 04:25:05 AM »
UncleBob, bad news, turns out I only have one GBBrick and GBPocket, so, 2 in all

Also, if I was staying in town on the weekend I could hook you up with SNESs for $3 a piece [I pay cheaper ], but if time isn't of the matter to you, I could get them next weekend.
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2007, 05:05:23 AM »
I made a topic on my VGMaps.com forums about your dream, UncleBob.  If I remember at the next update I will make mention of it on the front page of VGMaps.com.  Don't know how much it'll help, but it's more exposure so it might increase your chances of this happening soon, if only by a wee bit.

EDIT: Do you have a PayPal account?  If people are only able to contribute money to the cause that would be a good thing to have if you haven't mentioned it already.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2007, 07:40:57 AM »
SSB - it's not bad news that you've only got two Game Boys, it's excellent news that you have two you're giving me!  Even more so since I can't find my old Game Boy Pocket.

I think one SNES at $3 would be perfectly fine.  I can hack it apart for the Japanese SGB2.  Time isn't too important, since I'm still working on getting the 16 copies of the game....

JL: Thanks for the mention, if I can get a few people who can hook me up with copies of the game, then that will be a big help.  As for PayPal... I have an account with them, but, unforutnatly, as I figured out when I tried my crazy money-making scheme with my Avatar, they charge out the wazoo for an account to take credit card payments.  If someone wants to PayPal a non-credit card donation to theunclebob@hotmail.com, I could use that to pay for some of my eBay purchases.

Thanks again.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2007, 07:45:33 AM »
Hey UncleBob,

Why don'tcha see if NWR will sponsor ya with some front page coverage.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2007, 07:51:52 AM »
Pale said he wants to do a story once I actually have the event.

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2007, 09:31:59 AM »
I didn't realize the "acronym" for my username was the same as Super Smash Bros.   How awesome am I?

And I just also realized, I don't have to buy a SNES.  I have about 6 laying around the house [on top of the three I actually use].
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2007, 11:28:14 AM »
Sweet!  This is coming together quite well.  SSBen (heh), you're wonderful!

I need to update my thread above though, because I just got two more copies of FB2k!!!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2007, 01:27:15 AM »
*edit*

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2007, 12:28:09 PM »

And so it begins....

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2007, 04:26:45 AM »
Wow, so how much is left to get?  Or I guess I could read the above.

Considering you started this topic just six days ago this is pretty good progress, isn't it?

EDIT: I sent you $20 just now.  It should help, I hope.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2007, 07:21:21 AM »
Dude, seriously, that is so awesome!

As of now, if everything people are planning to ship me comes through, I'll only need the following:

Four more copies of FaceBall 2000.  I'm currently the high bidder on two copies of the game.
Three more GameBoy units.  Perferably, I have high hopes that I'll manage to get one of those Japanese-only Game Boy Lights (the only GameBy unit that would work for this that I don't have) and a second GameCube (I have one GameCube with a GameBoy Player and I have a second Game Boy Player, but no GameCube to go with it).

Jon - thank you for making this happen.  Between your's and Don's donations, it made a major dent in what I've spent out on this project.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get the rest of it together and get something arranged soon.

In addition to 16 Player FaceBall 2000, I have high hopes of having 10 DS's in the room for 10-Player Tetris DS (something else I've always wanted to do), some LAN Mario Kart: Double Dash and possibly 4-player SNES Bomberman and/or 5-player Wii Bomberman.

This could be the multiplayer event of the year for Carmi, Illinois.  Who's in?

*edit* I just got the other Four Player Adapter.  There was a pretty one that was New-In-Box, but I found one that was cheaper and came with two original style link cables, so I went with it.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2007, 08:36:25 AM »
Did you test the stuff NOW?

EDIT. Looking on eBay revealed a vinyl disc from a band called Faceball 2000... And I'm soooo tempted to bid on the one GB copy showing up for me but you've already bid on it...