Author Topic: Mafia 63: Something... of the Daleks: Postgame thread where you call me an idiot  (Read 10374 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
dead: marvel_moviefan_2012: (renegade dalek drone)

First things first, yes, I know I fucked up some things

-the whole Stratos/Lolmanade role thing was probably my biggest **** up IMO. Stratos was meant to be the godfather and lolmanade the special weapons dalek but I messed up one of the investigative PM's

-my main reason for not replacing Oblivion is because I felt that a Khush/stevey 2 person mafia would be able to pose a threat (and I don't think anyone would have suspected Stevey anyways). I also was concerned about balancing. However now I have a better idea of exactly how these things work and if something like this were to happen again I would be more willing to sign on a replacement.

-I also forgot to send a list of night actions to Spak-spang on day 1. Nothing of interest there.

-I never saw the day 4 tie. If I had, as I joked before, I would have killed everyone who was still playing and declared myself the winner.

-I did want to be more liberal with the whole 'going in the thread and making fun of people' but it's surprisingly difficult to do that without revealing something I shouldn't.

-Silenced has been silent the entire game, I think he's trolling me.

-I actually considered making silenced one of the godfathers so that when he's killed I could make fun of everyone for not seeing that subliminal messaging. (The silenced godfather clause, it even says he's the godfather in the rules.)

Oh and

Spak spang: The Doctor
Mop it up: Dr Rachel Jensen.
Silenced: Group Captain Gilmore.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 09:56:06 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
idiot
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
This was a very interesting game of Calvinball. Not bitter about the game. I probably would have gone out eventually.

Better luck next time!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Itwas byno means a poor game.  And the mistakes that were made flavored the story.  And this gave me an idea for a mafia event I want to do...or co-do....I just want to create the rules.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Fun fact: The tie vote that threw all semblance of rules out of the game and slaughtered both the mafias left a hole in the space-time continuum, allowing someone like me to begin posting in a game I never signed up for.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
I should explain the whole lucariofan voting thing. Basically he sent me a PM saying that the full forum reply thing wasn't working right for him (I may quote his pm as a feedback thing) and he couldn't use the automatic bolding tool.

You know what? Here.
my bolding tool's not working
it comes up with {b/b] thing
is it because of my update to windows 8?
I assume that either a: he was using the full reply thing or B: IE on windows 8doesn't recognize the bold tags and the forum software compensates by making the tags themselves appear in the post.

I'm leaning towards A so I sent him a PM explaining how the PM's work and basically decided to give him a one time pass on if he messed up on day 2 to make up for my late-ish response.

I meant to go in and explain how the [s tags work but you know, one step at a time.

Fun fact: The tie vote that threw all semblance of rules out of the game and slaughtered both the mafias left a hole in the space-time continuum, allowing someone like me to begin posting in a game I never signed up for.

I didn't even care at that point. My reaction was basically 'is he signed up? actually who cares'

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
You should have accepted my hit that night! It was probably valid!

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile

-I also forgot to send a list of night actions to Spak-spang on day 1. Nothing of interest there.

Well, he could have saved me!   :P:

(probably not)

Lolmonade... any particular reason you took me out day 1?  I was offering to work with Stratos and even switched my vote.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Stevey was the one who took you out Apdude. Have to ask him why.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
So.. good guys win!
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Why did I die?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile

Oh I thought it was the other mafia first...

Guess that explains it well due to last game.  I suppose I had it coming.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile

Oh I thought it was the other mafia first...

Guess that explains it well due to last game.  I suppose I had it coming.
And had we gotten to the 18 person stretch goal I would have rigged it so that you got the bomber role and then stevey would have basically created the reverse to what happened last time and blown you to hell.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Why did I die?

Ask Spak-Spang. He voted for you. But before doing that, I'd first suggest you find a mirror and ask yourself why you didn't even vote that day when you could have saved yourself had you done so.

Just sayin'.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Why did I die?

Ask Spak-Spang. He voted for you. But before doing that, I'd first suggest you find a mirror and ask yourself why you didn't even vote that day when you could have saved yourself had you done so.

Just sayin'.

There was already a tie, and you were being a dirty, rat-faced liar.

It was you.  It's always you.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I was already dead by that point. Again, you could have easily voted on Day 4 to save yourself. And as I posted already:

I know the thread is locked and the day is over but I really wanted to respond to this and I have mod powers so I can do things like this.

vote Khush

When has it not been Khush?

Do you mean when have I not been mafia?

Mafia 9, Mafia 13, Mafia 14, Mafia 16, Mafia 17, Mafia 21, Mafia 23, half of Mafia 24, Mafia 25, Mafia 30, Mafia 33, Mafia 34, Mafia 35, Mafia 37, Mafia 38, Mafia 39, Mafia 41, Mafia 43, Mafia 46, Mafia 52, Mafia 53, Mafia 55, Mafia 57, Mafia 58, Mafia 60. Not to mention the 20-25 games I've probably hosted.

I've probably only been mafia like 8 times out of all the games played.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Haha, lol.  I was actually hoping you'd have a serious response to that when I posted the question.  I just never went back in to the thread.

I should start paying more attention to mafia games.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Curious Khush did you investigate me and find out I was "Dalek" early?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Nope. I just put a vote on you day 1 since you made a statement about me being mafia so I thought you could be the detective. On day 2, I was really leaning towards you being the detective since you were being so vocal about voting for me. Fun fact. I told no one to vote for you. Players just did that on their own. Had I known you were the miller, I would have worked to save you and protect my cover story. I really did just want to play casual in the game and I was doing quite well until Spak messaged me and then when started exchanging a lot of posts and then you died and the game turned into damage control and how can I still advance my mafia agenda in the face of this turn of events. I had an interesting plan that was I beginning to enact but the tie vote ended it much too short.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
Why did I die?

Just sayin'.

There was already a tie, and you were being a dirty, rat-faced liar.

It was you.  It's always you.
That's how mafia works folks, please understand.

Fun fact. I told no one to vote for you. Players just did that on their own. Had I known you were the miller, I would have worked to save you and protect my cover story. I really did just want to play casual in the game and I was doing quite well until Spak messaged me and then when started exchanging a lot of posts and then you died and the game turned into damage control and how can I still advance my mafia agenda in the face of this turn of events. I had an interesting plan that was I beginning to enact but the tie vote ended it much too short.

It was ridiculous, I was cc'd in some bizzare pm's between khush and stratos (it's Khushrenada Smash Time) where he was basically trying to make a deal with the Imperial Daleks that I knew would go horribly wrong.

Also, khush, I may have kinda sorta stolen a post from the Animal Crossing Mafia game so I could predate marvel_moviefan's post and have his post in the rules thread.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
I noticed that in the moderation logs but I didn't remember seeing anything Animal Crossing specific so it must have been one of your posts re-edited. In that case, nothing of value was lost. Ha ha ha. How do I do it?

As for the plan, you have no idea how it would have gone! I've pulled off a lot of stuff that probably shouldn't have worked. And now we'll never know since it didn't get to happen. That's your loss. Not mine. Although the problem was that Stevey clearly didn't want to go along with it considering he then targeted lolmonade. Still, since we can not definitively say how it all would have worked out, I'm going to say it would have been a great success and we can leave it at that.

Speaking of which, Stevey's been very low key since the game ended. I'm surprised he isn't calling for a vendetta against Pokepal.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
So my play was simple...I was talking to Khush, because I had no information.  He told me he was the miller.  So I looked up the role and it said you would not know if you were the miller.  Interesting, I knew something was wrong.  So I messaged both Pokepal and Khush about.  Long story short I found out Khush was mafia by confession.  I thought he told that cover story to several people...so I promised not to reveal more than I did on day 2.  He wanted to stay in the game and was offering mafia names to live.  I assumed the first 2 names he gave me would be mafia nickmitch and stratos.  Later he gave me a list of known townies...I took the list and assumed anyone I had not verified was mafia...which was most accurate.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
This game was hilarious.

Let's never do this again.

Well, he could have saved me!   :P: :
I was actually considering protecting you on day one. Obviously, hindsight says I should've, and I wonder how things would have gone!

Why did I die?
If it helps any, I tried to talk Spak-Spang out of it, and then tried to create another tie.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
HELLOO!!!!
Did we win?
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
No body won. That was the ultimate message from this game.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast