Author Topic: Star Wars Fanhouse, Chewie, we're home!  (Read 160646 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars 7 in 2015
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2014, 04:07:36 PM »
**** it, stupid YouTube tags wtf is your deal

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2014, 05:26:16 PM »
Another rumor this time coming from making star wars

• George Lucas – George’s vision for the Sequel Trilogy was to take it right back to the beginning. Meaning, the beginning of the Jedi and Sith, how that came to be and how ancients forces were still influencing things. Luke was going to go on an adventure that would take him back to the origin of evil in the Galaxy. Some of these ideas have very much influenced the story.
  • This seems alot more reasonable and pausable, intrestingly enough that last bit was something that was forshadowed twice in the Clone Wars and the beginning could stand for two things.

It was alluded to in the novels as well. The "rule of two Sith" was only for one branch of the Sith. There was another group of Sith sitting in the shadows, biding their time and manipulating events on a very galactic scale.

I don't feel like spoilering stuff from the Legacy EU anymore since it is not canon so beware of spoilers below!

Jason Solo, as Darth Caedeus, approaches a group of shadow Sith on Corriban to ask for assistance. They decline saying their time was not yet ready. This group turned out to be linked to a group of Sith who toppled the Galactic Republic in the last comic series called Legacy which I referred to before (took place 127 years after Return of the Jedi). I don't know how involved Lucas was in EU material but this shadow group of Sith could be part of what Lucas was moving towards. Maybe not to topple the Alliance, but surely to lead to some mayhem.

Even more relevant to what you stated above, there was the dark "Force Being" who possessed Calista (Lukes ex-girlfriend who lost her force powers and disappeared to find them...long story, look it up if you are curious). Luke and his son Ben hunted after this being when Luke was banished from the Republic for being blamed for Jason Solo's fall to the dark side. Jedi knights were being possessed and believing everyone was an enemy and going mad. Luke determines this force being was to blame and hunts her down.

Also yet again, in the same story as above, there is the lost tribe of the Sith who were stranded on a world for centuries until they rediscovered space flight with some help and slowly developed a secret armada to try and take back the galaxy.

So there could be any number of links to what we will see as the "ultimate evil" developed in the new series. I don't want it to get to spiritual because they tried that a few times in the books and I prefered it being Sith and Jedi with a few other sides and views. Origin of Evil is a bit much for a lighthearted space opera adventure.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 20, 2014, 12:20:18 AM »
I just bought New Dawn ans should read through it over the next three days.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 21, 2014, 01:30:54 PM »
I'll have to wait for then my turn comes up at the local library...so three months at the current rate.
My Game Collection

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 29, 2014, 11:39:41 AM »
Starwars.com just posted the last story reel of the clone wars last week, featuring full voice acting. It seems the rest of the unused one wars scripts will eventually be used else where.

The Darth maul story was continued in the son of the dathomir comic that also finished on a cliff hanger.

The Ventress Plot points will be concluded in next years novel Dark Disciple.

Really unsure if were going to see anymore clone wars based stuff after that since all the other projects are tackling the OT era.

The first two episodes of rebels is on disney XD to watch. Its a better starting point than the clone wars had.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 30, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »
Thought I might do a re update on all the current Star Wars projects in development.

Film
Star Wars Episode VII
Untitled Standalone film directed by Gareth Edwards
Untitled Standalone film directed by Josh Trank

Television
Star Wars Rebels (starts Friday)

Literature
Darth Maul: Son of Dathomauir (done but trade s out on the 11th)
Star Wars: A New Dawn (released)
Star WarsL Tarkin(November)
Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi (early 2015)
Star Wars: Lords of the Sith (early 1015)
Star Wars: Dark Disciple (mid 2015)
Star Wars #1 (January 2015) (ongoing)
Star Wars: Darth Vadar #1 (February 2015) (ongoing)
Star Wars: Princess Leia #1(March 2015) (five issue mini)

Games
Star Wars Battlefront
Untitled 3rd person star wars game by Visceral studios

The Premiere for rebels is reviewing very well it seems, I watched it already and it really brings the vibes of the OT. It balances the line that Gotham failed with visual nods and call backs to previous parts of the star wars universe.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2014, 07:48:25 PM »
Some spoilery rumors on the Cast of episoide VII.

MakingStarWars:

Max von Sydow character is Star Wars: Episode VII is not an ancient Sith Lord or a supernatural being with an awesome voice. He’s a beaten man. He’s old enough to have lived through the Clone Wars, seen the Intergalactic Civil War unfold and then the aftermath of the fall of Emperor Palptaine. He’s no longer a man, he’s a cyborg. His eye is obscured by a ocular viewing device, most likely from a past injury which mean the could no longer use the eye with any ease. One leg is entirely cybernetic now, almost like a Super Battledroid but with metallic claws where his toes would be. He sits at a bar drinking, wary, and old. If you have an oddity, a rare weapon, you might want to bring it to him for evaluation.

Badass Digest:

According to my sources von Sydow is playing a key character who gets the story in motion.
 Remember that I told you the movie begins with the discovery of the lightsaber? Well, it isn’t Daisy Ridley who discovers it but rather a blue alien guy. He brings it to a salvage yard where Kira – that seems to be what Ridley’s character’s name is, or at least what they’re calling her on set – sees it. She’s hanging out there with von Sydow, who is an old cyborg dude, a guy who maybe has dementia. He talks a lot of nonsense. But as soon as that lightsbaber shows up, he gets lucid. He recognizes it. He begins to talk about the old days, name drops a couple of Prequel Trilogy characters, even. And then, after Kira and the alien leave he makes a call to a mysterious figure. “It’s here,” he says.

Kira’s got a pretty cool place to call home. She lives inside an abandoned AT-AT, knocked over on its side. Remember, AT-ATs are ‘all-terrain,’ so while we saw them only on a snow world, they would work just as easily on the desert planet where Episode VII opens.

You know all those shots from Greenham Common Air Base, with the X-Wing fighters and the Millenium Falcon? That’s a familiar location – it’s the Massassi Temple from the original Star Wars. Yup, they’re back on Yavin IV.

Here’s one bonus piece of info: there are pieces of concept art that show Chewbacca with a cybernetic hand, having lost it in a battle sometime after the events of Jedi. Will that be in the final film? I don’t know – there’s other concept art where he’s got both furry hands intact.

A TV spot for Rebels.

I forgot that there's 100 years between episode I and VII.

« Reply #282 on: October 01, 2014, 10:53:33 PM »
Star Trek fans are called Trekkies/Trekkers
Doctor Who fans are called Whoovians.
Whedon fans are called Whedonites
so what do you call a Star Wars fan?

Answer: People.

We are just about less than a year away, Netflix just announced they are going to be getting movies day and date with theatrical releases next year so I am getting excited for this movie. I will be doing my part to build the hype.

I was excited for Rebels until I learned it was just another damn cartoon. Oh well guess there are people who like those but not for me. I might check it out but I doubt it I really tried to like Clone Wars but it wasn't happening.

I will now go back to what I was doing and return the forums back to your squabbling over whatever it is people are bitching about these days. Cheer up guys there is a new Star Wars movie coming out that is more than enough to get excited about.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2014, 11:15:28 AM »
You really missed out, the first two seasons are a tad bit shaky but afterwards the show gets really good and becomes more ensemble instead of the adventures of Skywalker and friends.

Rebels is looking promising based on the first episode and some of the spoilers I read about for one of the bigger episodes this season. I wonder how they plan to get around the fact two founders of the rebellion are Jedi but are absent once the event of ANH gets started.

But don't worry a live action TV series is probably on the horizon after VII comes out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 02, 2014, 02:59:08 PM »
We are just about less than a year away, Netflix just announced they are going to be getting movies day and date with theatrical releases next year so I am getting excited for this movie. I will be doing my part to build the hype.

Uh WHAT!!?
where did you hear this?
I heard they were going to do this with the Hidden Tiger, Flying Dragon sequel, but with Star Wars!?
I want to see that from a credible source.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 02, 2014, 03:41:48 PM »
The deal was for all Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilms to make it to Netflix starting next year probably six months after its Blu-ray release.

Star Wars rebels just got renewed for a second season and Greg Wiseman is leaving the series.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 06, 2014, 07:06:44 PM »
EP VII officially named

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 06, 2014, 08:27:59 PM »
It sounds good, I'm glad they didn't got with "An Ancient Fear" which was rumored to one of the pending titles for the series. From most of the rumors and spoilers the title is as appropriate as the fear one, but has the added throw back of being similar to a new hope. Alot of people tend not to like the title but it could be attack of the clones bad.

The rumor is we should be getting the first teaser next month, with the full first trailer tied to the super bowl.

Forgot to update the thread but at NYCC Lucasfilm announced a fourth ongoing comic book series entitled Star Wars: kanan which takes place directly after he leaves the Jedi temple and focuses on his life before meeting Hera in a new dawn.

Its a smart move to capitalize on the somewhat success of Rebels, and Allie the fans thoughts that we were going to get nothing but OT set stories until Force Awakens is out.

I really want to know about Battlefront and the first spin-off film, My guess were going to see the first footage of Battlefront next month at whatever Spike TV is doing, but from a Campaign perceptive wonder whats up.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2014, 03:47:04 PM »
AJ Edwards is apparently in talks with Lucasfilm about doing a spin-off film about Mace Windu.

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/11/terrence-malick-mace-windu-star-wars-spin-film/

We know that the currently in development spin-off movies are probably focused on Kenobi and Boba Fett and will probably take place during the Purge or in the case of fett after Return. So seeing a film that can only take place during the clone wars or earlier is interesting.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 01, 2015, 08:21:18 PM »
Always two threads, there are: a master, and an apprentice.
My Game Collection

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 01, 2015, 10:07:18 PM »
Always two threads, there are: a master, and an apprentice.

But which should we choose?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 01, 2015, 11:59:23 PM »
The one that I create, of course.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 05, 2015, 05:50:01 PM »
Did Star Wars: The Force Awakens The Raid 3 just happen
http://www.slashfilm.com/the-raid-star-wars-force-awakens/

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 06, 2015, 11:16:23 AM »

I see JJ. Abrams trying to out due Ray Park.

I want them to be this Bad Ass Sith trio that only uses 1 lightsaber between the 3 of them. 3 force users powering 1 saber passing it between each other while the other 2 fight....

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 06, 2015, 12:00:57 PM »
Without the bone crunching it's going to turn into a prequel dance fight if they try to use their skill set without the physical contact. If they have them use lightsabres it would waste their talents and you know they are going to use lightsabres.

You can tell I have no hope for this movie.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 06, 2015, 08:03:31 PM »
I have hope it will be better than the prequels.
My Game Collection

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #296 on: January 06, 2015, 09:51:16 PM »
I've got hope for this movie too.

. . .a NEW hope?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 06, 2015, 10:38:25 PM »
It'll be good, JJ was born to make this movie. Watch his TED presentation on youtube about mystery and movies and you'll be assured of a solid film. Other than maybe Joss, its not another director I would want on this project. Even his bad films are aren't that bad.

And I thought ROTS was a good film, at least as good as Jedi.... (maybe slightly better)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 06, 2015, 10:54:21 PM »
I'm think I should change this Thread title, as it has grown beyond me. Any suggestions?

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 07, 2015, 05:34:17 AM »
"This is the good Star Wars thread, that other one sucks!"
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent