Author Topic: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff  (Read 933539 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #1825 on: September 06, 2014, 01:42:28 PM »
Shame. I thought Oblivion had turned a corner and he seemed to have gotten better in the past couple months. But he still needs self-control on his anger. He was getting better at it but you could see he lost it a bit with the NEW 3DS announcement and his quick proclamation of jumping ship after this gen. I don't think introducing a topic about what should a silent majority do about internet idiots helped as part of the reason he mentioned he liked coming here is that we didn't dabble or care about that kind of crap and then it was brought up here anyways. The guy was clearly already stressed out and losing it from his trip delay as we saw him and Pokepal argue over his mafia participation and then with that and the silent majority postings, the holier-than-thou argument going on the Bayonetta thread finally culminated in him losing it and hating everyone and everything here. Though I imagine in a couple weeks time when he's cooled down from it all, he'll regret his rash decision.

As for MM2012, he told me he was leaving this place for good a couple months ago but he has decided to come back and double down on it or something so I don't know where he's going with it all.

All around there just seems to be a disgruntled air going around these forums. Don't know if has to do with the topics being discussed or life in general but compared to the past few months, people seem to be pricklier.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Wise-Ass Comments About Other NWR Forum Threads And Also Other Stuff
« Reply #1826 on: September 06, 2014, 02:31:25 PM »
I want to apologize for anything I posted to inflame him. It was a poorly thought out post and I should have been more mindful of who I was posting with. I do not wish to be divisive and I realized post-posting that it was not the best action on my part. I then tried to amend it and I think I just made the situation worse.

I shouldn't try to do any significant posts while at work anymore.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 06, 2014, 02:38:07 PM »
people seem to be pricklier.
What did you just call us?!

Oh, wait, that wasn't what I thought you said. Never mind.

« Reply #1828 on: September 07, 2014, 12:00:29 AM »
Were people really bothered by Karl's editorial about the "silent majority?" Stuff like that rarely gets posted here. It's not like NWR is covering that crap thankfully.
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 07, 2014, 02:16:55 AM »
I'm not even sure what "that crap" is. I've heard mention of a "gamergate" but have no idea what it is about. Reading people reacting has me both curious and unsure if I want to read more about it. Can anyone tell me or link me to a light summary of what it is?
My Game Collection

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: September 07, 2014, 09:08:29 AM »
Were people really bothered by Karl's editorial about the "silent majority?" Stuff like that rarely gets posted here. It's not like NWR is covering that crap thankfully.

I was honestly a little disappointed NWR weighed in on it.  The whole situation is a garbage subject on the internet, and since it has been beaten to death elsewhere, I was glad to see NWR be an outlet to not bother with it up to this point.

That said, there are a few in that thread that REALLY got their feathers ruffled, considering how benign Carl's article & slant actually were.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 08, 2014, 08:10:08 PM »
Man! Khushrenada is killing it with his postings today! Of course, part of that could be because he is the only one posting today.

If Karma was still around, I would take every other posters positive karma away and give it all to Khushrenada. Way to go, buddy. You are truly NWR's top poster for Sept. 8, 2014.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 08, 2014, 09:53:16 PM »
If we gave you everyone's Karma, you'd just end up with even more negative Karma as everyone had negative Karma.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: September 08, 2014, 10:01:12 PM »
take every other poster's positive karma away

I said positive karma. They can keep the negative karma they rightly earned.

Reading comprehension, people. It's a wonderful thing and keeps you from making mistakes like this or creating a ban on yourself and needing someone else to undo it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:06:17 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: September 08, 2014, 10:03:01 PM »
If you're going to poke the beehive then you'd better put on the bee keeper suit.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: September 08, 2014, 10:10:22 PM »
Are you kidding? Everyone loves me. I'm like the Don Rickles of this site. I can insult everybody and they eat it up. They are privately very happy I chose to acknowledge them in some way. And that's because everyone knows that, for all my bluster, I'm a nice guy and I do care about everyone here and this site. And that I'm right.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: September 08, 2014, 10:15:33 PM »
You said positive Karma.  I didn't specify.

Reading Comprehension.

For that, another -1 Karma for you.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: September 08, 2014, 10:50:45 PM »
You said positive Karma.  I didn't specify.

Reading Comprehension.

For that, another -1 Karma for you.

So this whole removal of the karma system was some scheme by Khush to make the mods work harder to smite him. Clever.
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: September 08, 2014, 10:55:26 PM »
It's not harder now, I set up a script to do it for me at this point. ;)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: September 08, 2014, 10:56:37 PM »
But it still required work out of you.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: September 08, 2014, 11:09:05 PM »
Everything's a scheme, am I rite?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: September 08, 2014, 11:24:42 PM »
I was only like -200 I think so yeah.

« Reply #1842 on: September 09, 2014, 12:21:14 AM »
Are you kidding? Everyone loves me. I'm like the Don Rickles of this site. I can insult everybody and they eat it up. They are privately very happy I chose to acknowledge them in some way. And that's because everyone knows that, for all my bluster, I'm a nice guy and I do care about everyone here and this site. And that I'm right.
You say Don Rickles, I say Mr. Angry Eyes! :cool;
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1843 on: September 09, 2014, 12:48:02 AM »
Private eyes, they're watching you
They see your every move...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: September 09, 2014, 12:51:13 AM »
Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: September 09, 2014, 01:05:00 AM »
Wait, what? Oblivion got banned again?
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 09, 2014, 01:12:18 AM »
He specifically requested it. He just didn't know how to quit us, because we're so damned irresistible, so he asked UncleBob and me to be strong when he couldn't.

Godspeed, little Oblivion...
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: September 09, 2014, 01:16:07 AM »
I'm flying my flag at half mast in honour of his memory. If you know what I mean.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 09, 2014, 01:28:39 AM »
So it's what, half a pixel now?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: September 21, 2014, 12:18:50 PM »
Azeke complaining that Bayonetta didn't get a 10 in:

3... 2... 1...