Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1214345 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #3450 on: February 05, 2016, 11:02:40 PM »
Guaranteed number one movie of the year.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: February 06, 2016, 05:02:31 PM »
I can't even deal with this marketing campaign.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: February 07, 2016, 05:06:36 PM »
I can't even deal with this marketing campaign.

Well it just might live up to the Hype though, as it's at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes with over 25 reviews so far.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: February 07, 2016, 11:59:12 PM »
I convinced my wife to go see this on Valentines Day.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3454 on: February 08, 2016, 12:05:59 PM »
Sometimes, you gotta get a gift for you, am I right?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: February 09, 2016, 12:55:25 AM »
It will only strengthen our marriage!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: February 09, 2016, 05:06:25 AM »

It will only strengthen our marriage!

Bless your soul, your mate, and your marriage.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3457 on: February 10, 2016, 07:45:36 PM »
I have been watching Legends of Tomorrow, and it is a pretty fun show, but after 3 episodes I can't believe the stupidity of the characters.  After Episode 3 or at least Episode 4, they should have finished Vandal Savage. 

This is the problem with the show, it is not the Time Travel Element that is actually interesting...it is the fact that the Villain isn't really a threat compared to the team they have.  I am sorry, an immortal can't be killed, but he can be locked up, imprisoned, incapacitated. 

I think Vandal Savage should have never been the main villain but a catalyst for the show.  Also, episode 3 proves these time travels are morons.  First they expose themselves and their identities to the villain, something you should never do.  Second, after doing that they are going to find him in the 80s instead of going further back in time?  First of.  Why?  In the 70s you still have the advantage of more advanced technology and knowing where he is.  In the 80s he knows about you and knows to prepare for you. 

Why not go back to the 60s?  He still has to be around...just find him and you have the element of surprise again.  Also, why not just go further back in time to Egypt and investigate and find him and kill him there.  Again use this as a catalyst for the show and let the Time Council be right, and the rest of the show is fixing the world from their mistake about killing Vandal Savage.  Heck if you were really worried about him destroying a future.  Why not kidnap him, and take him into the future where the world is about to end and drop him off there.  Boom...instant success. 

I know this doesn't make as fun as a show...but that is why I think a using the character as a catalyst is interesting...make the show be about watching other dictators and evil be worse than Vandal Savage and making the tough decision that you have to put him back in history.   

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: February 11, 2016, 02:49:27 PM »
Final BvS trailer

This one might have sold me on the movie. They shouldn't have shown so much in earlier trailers. This one was perfect.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3459 on: February 11, 2016, 03:58:49 PM »
Now, that looks like a good movie.  Unfortunately, I still feel like the other trailers point too hard in the other direction for me to raise my excitement level.  I will say, the Bruce Wayne side of the story looks like it'll be good.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3460 on: February 11, 2016, 07:32:25 PM »
Seeing Deadpool tomorrow with seven friends, without spoilers did you guys enjoy the movie?
Made you look ****.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: February 12, 2016, 09:28:01 AM »
Now, that looks like a good movie.  Unfortunately, I still feel like the other trailers point too hard in the other direction for me to raise my excitement level.  I will say, the Bruce Wayne side of the story looks like it'll be good.

This is true, and there is a rumors going around now that not only was the movie heavily edited, and altered to have more Batman, but that WB may not exactly be thrilled with the reaction to trailers and early screenings, mostly dealing with the Superman portions of the film.... Which may suck because everything is being setup based on MoS Superman... And I didn't particularly like MoS, but I'm also not really a Supes fan. The Batman portions BTW look awesome in that trailer, and I'd be much happier with a solo/centric Batman movie, based on this Arkham style Bats we got. And seeing the Batman clips makes me a little more hyped for Suicide Squad knowing he's in that as well.

Deadpool HYPE is still at an all-time high right now, but this BvS trailer probably just insured that I will watch it in the theater. how soon after release depends on friend hype levels, as I'm not going alone for this. They will have to convince me to go with them, not the other way around, like with DP and all the Marvel MCU movies.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 09:29:41 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3462 on: February 12, 2016, 03:56:52 PM »
Yeah, using MoS as the base for this was always a terrible idea.  I think they made the initial decision based on ticket sales from MoS, but Superman movies are a cash cow and they've never been good. Ever.  The Christopher Reeves movies don't hold up, and Superman Returns rode purely on the nostalgia for the older ones.  Then you get a crazy, driven Batman paired against a god with all the personality of his cardboard cutout, so it doesn't surprise me if Batfleck.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: February 12, 2016, 05:03:36 PM »
I liked MOS. But mainly for how relaxed and confident Henry Cavill looked in the role.

That thumbnail in BNM's post above for BVS highlights my problem.... he looks so sour this time around. You can't make serious by making sour faces.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: February 12, 2016, 08:04:34 PM »
I just remembered that I actually don't have to see ben affleck being batman, just hear his voice, and sometimes not even then. I never get tired of Batman fucking up a group of goons in his personal trademarked style and that's pretty much all I want out of this movie, ben affleck be damned.

Superman is an asterisks. I really couldn't care less, but if he's the motivation Batman needs to develop some crazy tech and/or smart strategy, then Superman is as good of a reason as any.

We all hoped it would be like the cartoons, which still are spectacular. They would have done well to see how they got so much right before sitting down and writing the script. All I know for certain right now is that this movie is at least going to be interesting. If it sucks, we'll tear it apart. If it doesn't, then we'll enjoy it. No where in those trailers does it look like it's going to be average.

P.S. Jeremy Irons sold me on seeing it in movie theaters.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 08:06:10 PM by Hypotheliciously »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3465 on: February 14, 2016, 05:15:10 AM »
Henry Cavill should take notes on how to play an inherently good, straight-laced, super hero and still be interesting.

He wasn't the real issue with MOS though, the real issue was tone and style.

EDIT: this is what happens when you post at 2am. I meant he should take notes from Chris Evans, who plays Captain America.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 11:39:22 AM by ShyGuy »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: February 14, 2016, 09:11:49 AM »
The trailer forb BvS they showed before Deadpool is the only trailer they should have ever shown.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: February 14, 2016, 01:57:27 PM »
I still like the Christopher Reeve movies. I say they hold up more as a group than individually though. Superman 1 and 2 you have to kinda watch as one movie. 3 and 4 though critically panned are still entertaining to watch.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: February 14, 2016, 02:10:06 PM »
The trailer forb BvS they showed before Deadpool is the only trailer they should have ever shown.

I believe it was the one I posted up above, and I agree completely and thought I said that exact same thing here.... but I must have said it somewhere else to someone else.

But yes, they never should have released most of those other trailers. This one showed all they needed to show. Maybe a few extra clips of Lex so you know who he is, but definitely nothing that shows reason for it to not be Bats v Supes at any point in the movie. That should have been a complete surprise.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3469 on: February 14, 2016, 06:21:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure this was how BvS went down:
Employee: Hey Boss Marvel is making the civil war movie!
Chairman: ****! What can we do to combat that! um,um...
Employee: oh Batman vs Superman
Chairman: Can we get it out before them?
Employee: yes sir!
Chairman: Go go go!

Superman is also a **** and boring character. why? Because he is to op, he has no conflicts that he cant overcome, and when he does we know he can but its just bad writing.
I will see the movie because of Batman tho.
Made you look ****.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3470 on: February 14, 2016, 10:43:48 PM »
I think the Batman v Superman concept was out before the Civil War thing.  Though it is fair to say that DC and WB are chasing Marvel/Disney's success with the Avengers film.

However, Superman can be a great and complex character, if the writing is good.  That requires writers to make Clark Kent an actual character and have Superman save the day with something other than just trying slightly harder.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: February 24, 2016, 09:41:20 AM »
Looks like there will ba Rated R Director's Cut version of BvS
http://batman-news.com/2016/02/23/batman-v-superman-directors-cut-rated-r/

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3472 on: February 24, 2016, 02:09:56 PM »
Of course there will be. Pfft.  Ususally those Director's Cuts go "unrated" because studios don't bother with sending a different cut to the MPAA, but I guess WB want the social cache' that comes with being an R-rated super hero flick now.  I just hope it doesn't feel awkward or forced.  No reason to have a Tarantino blood splatter on an otherwise PG-13 fight scene.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: February 24, 2016, 03:44:28 PM »
The thing about this home release rating, is that it was done before the theatrical release of the film. Is that not odd?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3474 on: February 24, 2016, 07:10:50 PM »
It probably means that the movie went to the board and they gave it a mild R rating.  They now have to edit a few shots and hide some of the more graphic imagery to bring it down to PG-13.  I don't think this means they are going to try to make it a true R-rated film like Deadpool.  Instead, they are going to use the buzz about Deadpool's success as an R-rated movie to push sales of the home release.  While still shooting and editing a PG-13 film for the theaters.  Think The Dark Knight's rating was PG-13.  But if they had edited just 2 scenes differently it could have had a light R rating.  (The Pencil Scene is one of them.)