Author Topic: Future Mafia Games  (Read 413605 times)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Future Mafia Games
« Reply #975 on: January 25, 2016, 04:01:53 AM »
Whens Khush's ban gone?
Made you look ****.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 25, 2016, 07:16:59 AM »
His ban ended over a month ago, but he hasn't come back, so people are assuming he went off to a farm with vudu where he can post all day to his heart's content.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #977 on: January 26, 2016, 02:25:32 AM »
Well there goes all forum activity.
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #978 on: February 05, 2016, 11:05:17 PM »
SO are we starting a new game or what?
Made you look ****.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 06, 2016, 12:16:14 AM »
I've got an idea for a game, but I still need to flesh it out a bit.

J.P. Corbran

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #980 on: February 06, 2016, 07:00:46 PM »
We need a secret forum to help flesh out Mafia ideas.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #981 on: February 07, 2016, 02:32:48 AM »
Agreed
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 08, 2016, 12:00:04 AM »
Wasn't this thread or another in the sub-forum geared towards bouncing new mafia ideas off of each other?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 08, 2016, 12:15:21 AM »
No, this is the sub-forum for playing mafia games. They're suggesting a separate subforum just for planning the games, to allow us to really explore the space and get our creative juices flowing.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 09, 2016, 04:15:05 AM »
Well there goes all forum activity.

More like the interesting forum activity judging by what's happened in a month.

It's called my pm box. Ah, the days when people when send me their mafia ideas via pm for me to look over and approve or tweak. Of course, there is always the option of just posting it here for other members to evaluate it except that it loses the element of surprise. Still, I'm pretty sure the OP of this thread states that as one of its criteria but I didn't feel like checking to be sure. I think its just case of people wanting more secret subforums. However, since no one bothered to talk with me in my secret subforum for a month, I don't see why you suddenly think this subforum will be a great big hub of activity. If you can't use the subforums you've already got, how can you expect new ones? How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: February 09, 2016, 03:51:07 PM »
Good thing Khushrenada's back, I refuse to play a game unless he's involved in some capacity.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 07, 2016, 06:36:34 PM »
I've got an idea for a game cooking.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 08, 2016, 10:14:55 PM »
I was thinking about doing a Pokemon themed one to celebrate the release of Pokemon Go. Got some fun ideas on the theme. I'm traveling this weekend so I'll come back and post a signup so we can hopefully start last week of July.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 08, 2016, 11:39:21 PM »
I was thinking about doing a Pokemon themed one to celebrate the release of Pokemon Go. Got some fun ideas on the theme. I'm traveling this weekend so I'll come back and post a signup so we can hopefully start last week of July.

I think you're supposed to be hosting the next game of Safe Words. I'm going to check on that.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 09, 2016, 01:13:03 AM »
Actually I just went and PMed Insanolord about starting my Mafia Game to celebrate ten years of Sonic '06.

Hoping to get the sign ups going tonight or tomorrow. So basically:

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: July 09, 2016, 02:30:27 AM »
No problem by me. Either way the games get rolling again.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 09, 2016, 03:50:37 AM »
I agree about getting the games rolling again. We'll see how the turnout for Safe Words goes but it doesn't require a high turnout. Even 9 players there can still make for a good game. But with Mafia, 9 or 12 people doesn't make for the greatest game. You want to be hitting the 15 - 16 mark at least for a good game most usually. And with the forum activity levels a bit low right now with little news and events happening, I think Mafia will require a bigger boost and level of promotion to hopefully get it to that great participation range.

I've been working on a little something to hopefully get people excited about playing a Mafia game again as well as an experiment in procedure. I don't want to kibosh your interest in hosting a Mafia game and if you want to take on a game, you're more than welcome to have it. But let me do the work of re-promoting this game because, right now, I don't think just putting up sign-ups for a new game is enough. If it works and we get a good turnout, then I'm hopeful it will make it easier for you next game to keep people playing and start making it a bit more regular again if possible.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 09, 2016, 08:27:33 PM »
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get those details sorted out by the time Insanolord checks his PM box.:smug:

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 09, 2016, 08:35:19 PM »
I'd already checked my PM box, I was holding off to let Khush do his thing.

J.P. Corbran

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 09, 2016, 09:43:18 PM »
Rest assured I have my own plan for finding players.

Now granted it mostly revolves around the fact that half the regulars on the Negative World forums have accounts here but it's a plan.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 12, 2016, 08:47:05 PM »
I once tried to convince a few bygone members to return for a forum game. Would be fun to get folks back for a bout of mafia.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 12, 2016, 09:13:57 PM »
I once tried to convince a few bygone members to return for a forum game. Would be fun to get folks back for a bout of mafia.

Yeah. Legacy players are always great to have around. A lot of great game memories.

It seems to me though like people don't want to come back and play though for a couple reasons. Either they left because they didn't like the attitude of the forums. In which case, coming back to play may make it seem like they take back why they left even if they still feel that or don't. Then there are others that keep posting but don't play Mafia because they see Mafia as a bigger time-intensive activity. And it can be but I've found over the years that there's no guarantee that a player who spends more time active in the game than someone else will automatically win. It might help their odds a bit but plenty of games have featured both types of winners and losers in the various amounts of time put into the game.

On the flip side, there are those who faded away and now feel if they come back, they may feel people will expect them to do more or post more here and they just don't have the time. We've got a few members now that will sign up to play a Mafia game but they don't really do much else on these forums. Stevey and thatguy come to mind. There's nothing wrong with that. As you get older, you get busier so you've got to make more choices with your time. If they want to limit their time on the forums to just playing Mafia than posting, I see nothing wrong with that and I don't think that's a bad trade off.

Just like those that may have left after being soured on these forums. If they just want to come to play Mafia because its something they find fun, I don't see why they can't. They don't need to post everywhere or get into forum debates with other users again. If this is the only function of the site they want to use and enjoy, that's great. Use it and enjoy it. I may not like most McDonald's food but I still like the Bacon and Egg Bagel or Egg McMuffin. Just because I may not want most of the other stuff on the menu doesn't mean I can't go and get one of the few things I do like every now and then.

Or maybe most people just aren't as into Mafia like us few diehards.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:18:30 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 25, 2016, 12:30:44 AM »
So, I've opened up future Mafia game slots from 69 - 75 although I've claimed a couple.

I took 71 to do my RPG Mafia that I've had kicking around in my head for years and I've booked Mafia 75 as well.

Mafia 75 is the one I talked a bit about in my mass pm in which all identities for the game would be hidden. I think it'll make for a most interesting twist and game to mark that special occasion.

Other than that, the rest of the slots are open in case someone else would like to host another game. I know pokepal148 was itching to do one right now on Sonic. Should I mark you down for Mafia 69 (the sexy mafia. I'm surprised stevey isn't trying to claim that one) or would you want a different one or to wait.

As I mentioned before too, if there are any ideas you'd like to throw out or remind me or other players about for themes or roles for future mafia games, I'd say do so now and we'll see about working them into the rotation. Chances are I may end up hosting a couple more games than I've signed on for to keep things moving to get to 75 so I'm open to other suggestions.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #998 on: July 25, 2016, 12:44:32 AM »
I'd like to do 70
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 25, 2016, 12:46:18 AM »
K. It's yours.