Author Topic: If I Were in Charge of Zelda  (Read 21768 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: If I Were in Charge of Zelda
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2011, 11:11:30 PM »
I would welcome a small, concise story line like MM. Anything bigger would probably get Nintendo in trouble like TP or WW.

In terms of story line though, the most important element to me is how the story effects the world. It seems like you are always doing something in secret that no civilian knows about. You defeat Ganon before anyone knows they were in danger.

I would like to see an almost vampire like situation, where people are so scared at night, they are hostile. Or as the game develops they become noticeably more afraid, weary, or frightened.

THen it be Castlevania etc.  Part of the charm of Zelda is the town folks are clueless.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2011, 02:40:17 AM »
But Zelda has already done it before, and exceptionally. Majora's Mask is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You saw people transition to doom and gloom day after day. It gave a real sense of sincerity to the world.

I say just take that a bit further and make some of them a bit hostile.

Furthermore, it would be great if people later in the game knew who you were by the rumors of your conquest. Have them evolve a bit and act differently towards you.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 02:44:57 AM by The Unagi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2011, 07:25:54 AM »
As long as they start innocent it may be ok.  I thought there was going to be a few more of these.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2011, 08:11:04 PM »
iv been playing minecraft..and if only zelda had randomized levels
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2011, 09:58:47 AM »
iv been playing minecraft..and if only zelda had randomized levels
No.  Just no.  Maybe one dungeon sub area but, No.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2011, 12:18:54 PM »
If you want Zelda with randomized levels go play Dark Cloud.

Randomized levels means shitty boring levels because the design has to be incredibly generic for randomization to work.

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2011, 12:29:56 PM »
It works fine in Diablo II. Of course, Diablo II is all about running through the level and killing stuff. It's harder to have randomized puzzles.

I'd consider it an improvement to have more randomization, so long as it's in the right amount and in the right places.

Some rooms in dungeons that have random types/amounts of enemies? Could be an improvement.

A smaller mini-dungeon (or cave, etc.) with random rooms, where your only goal is to get to the end to get some item? That would be fine.

A Zelda game where everything is random and it lacks cleverly designed puzzles? Not good.

-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2011, 12:47:49 PM »
It works fine in Diablo II. Of course, Diablo II is all about running through the level and killing stuff. It's harder to have randomized puzzles.

I'd consider it an improvement to have more randomization, so long as it's in the right amount and in the right places.

Some rooms in dungeons that have random types/amounts of enemies? Could be an improvement.

A smaller mini-dungeon (or cave, etc.) with random rooms, where your only goal is to get to the end to get some item? That would be fine.

A Zelda game where everything is random and it lacks cleverly designed puzzles? Not good.

Let's be honest, Diablo II could put you in an open field and just change the textures and enemies for each level and it be good.  Level design is not a feature for that game and it was designed around not having any.  Which is fine.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2011, 05:35:48 PM »
I can see randomizing working for the "cave of 100 enemies/trials" thing that Nintendo used to do during the GameCube era. For anything else in Zelda, it's a terrible idea.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2011, 01:02:50 AM »
Would anyone else like to see herds of non-aggressive animals carpeting open fields? Or maybe flocks of birds flying overhead?

What about a large number of non-agressive animals in general?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2011, 08:15:25 AM »
Would anyone else like to see herds of non-aggressive animals carpeting open fields? Or maybe flocks of birds flying overhead?

What about a large number of non-agressive animals in general?

Yeah the OoT style Zeldas the world is relatively barren.