Author Topic: Just Dance 2 Becomes a Five Million Seller on Wii  (Read 1374 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Just Dance 2 Becomes a Five Million Seller on Wii
« on: August 13, 2011, 03:35:01 PM »

The game is the first third party Wii party to reach the milestone.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/27442

Ubisoft's Just Dance 2 has becomes the first non-Nintendo-published title to sell more than five million copies on the Wii, according to sales data by the NPD.

The dance title, which was originally released in North America on October 12, 2010, finished third for the month of July, selling 120,000 units. This makes Just Dance 2 the eighth Wii game to reach the milestone, and the first third party game to do so on the system.

Previous five million selling titles include Wii Play, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Wii Sports Resort. A third Just Dance game is scheduled to be released this fall.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Just Dance 2 Becomes a Five Million Seller on Wii
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 05:09:39 PM »
http://www.sadanduseless.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/gif/22.gif

In other news, water still wet... fire still hot ... people like dancing... other third parties still phoning it in on Wii.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 05:16:59 PM »
This explains how the Wii keeps selling like crazy even though there's a games drought on it. Games from months or years ago are selling like crazy on the Wii and keeping hardware sales strong. I guess this is good for Nintendo and the few third parties like Ubisoft who provide those games, but its a bad thing for Wii owners who either already have these games or are just not interested in them.
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 07:15:09 PM »
A third Just Dance game is scheduled to be released this fall.
It's technically the fifth game even though it is titled Just Dance 3. Kind of like how Guitar Hero 5 wasn't the fifth game, GTA IV wasn't the fourth game, etc.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
Yes, TECHNICALLY, it is five games. However, the games are spin-offs. There are only three games in the main Just Dance series. Just Dance Kids, Dance on Broadway and Michael Jackson The Experience may use the game engine, but are different games from the main Just Dance games.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »
I wasn't counting those last two, and instead Just Dance: Summer Party. Not sure how they are spinoffs though... that'd be like saying GTA San Andreas was a spinoff or Super Mario Sunshine was a spinoff. Just my opinion though.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 11:44:04 PM »
I guess this is good for Nintendo and the few third parties like Ubisoft who provide those games, but its a bad thing for Wii owners who either already have these games or are just not interested in them.

You know, I have to admit that I own Just Dance Kids for my 5 year old and she loves it.  It's the only 3rd party game that she's currently playing.  The first party games she's enjoying:  Epic Yarn and Animal Crossing. 
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline shainentinpock

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 02:34:21 AM »
I really never understood the just dance series. It never really seemed like I was doing anything. It just sort of picked up random movements from time to time. I'm sure the casual crowd finds it fun or it could be fun at a party.
Now they are making the Angry Birds Knock On Wood. I like Angry Birds Knock On Wood. What's next a Fijit Friends