Author Topic: Former Nintendo President, Hiroshi Yamauchi, Dies  (Read 7923 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Former Nintendo President, Hiroshi Yamauchi, Dies
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 05:33:42 PM »
Chalk me up as one who thought he was into his 90's, the guy seemed immortal, though I also didn't hear about his health issues. It's tough to say how different the game industry would be without him, but one thing's for sure, Nintendo would probably still be just playing cards if not for him. Nobody's perfect, but even with his faults, no one could have turned Nintendo into a successful videogame company better than he did.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Former Nintendo President, Hiroshi Yamauchi, Dies
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2013, 08:44:17 AM »
Late to respond since I've been off the forums for some time, but this surely is sad news as a long time Nintendo fan.

While I didn't know his importance to the company in my youth, only ever hearing he was a hard ass and the reason Nintendo has crap 3rd party support, an older more experienced me learned that he is the man responsible for not only years of entertainment, but shaping my life and yours. His company, through their products, have brought strong and lasting bonds to me because without these games I may not have made the same friends in my youth. Also the characters and stories brought they brought to life are so endearing that they almost feel a part of me. A part of all of us, for if this Nintendo didn't exist we would not be here on this very forum.

For this, I thank you Yamauchi-san, and may you rest in peace.

While he will be survived not only by his family but through his company, the saddest part of his death is the fact that  Miyamoto, too, will some day pass. While Yamauchi was the big boss, Miyamato is like the face of the company. Sure the youth of today, the new generation of Nintendo fans, may not know how face per say, but they know Mario, they know Link. The day Miyamoto dies is the day my childhood dies, even if I'm in my 50s when it happens.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.