Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 498863 times)

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1025 on: May 11, 2011, 07:30:32 AM »
Vinesto's a Cylon!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: May 23, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »
Did anyone else get some random coins recently from old games recently?  I got 10 coins on May 18 for Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time.  I registered this game on My Nintendo back in 2005 before Club Nintendo even existed.  No explanation was given for why the points suddenly appeared.

Did this happen to anyone else?  Click See Details under your current coin balance on the main page and then expand the section for 2010/2011 history and scroll to the bottom.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #1027 on: May 23, 2011, 11:21:12 AM »
I'm not seeing any coins from it on mine. I registered my copy back in January 2006.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: May 23, 2011, 08:53:40 PM »
Nope. My current balance remains zero after spending them all on the Game and Watch Ball reproduction two weeks ago.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: May 28, 2011, 10:43:22 PM »
you can know intend to buy Zelda OoT 3D, Wii Play motion, and Mystery Case files.

FYI

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #1030 on: June 05, 2011, 01:29:40 PM »
Did anyone else get some random coins recently from old games recently?  I got 10 coins on May 18 for Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time.  I registered this game on My Nintendo back in 2005 before Club Nintendo even existed.  No explanation was given for why the points suddenly appeared.

Did this happen to anyone else?  Click See Details under your current coin balance on the main page and then expand the section for 2010/2011 history and scroll to the bottom.

I actually saw I had surveys for Metroid Prime Trilogy and several other titles I know I finished up. I don't know where they're coming from, but I'm fine with it. The reversable DS pouches were out of stock for a while, but they're back if anyone wanted to pick one up. You can order them, but they won't ship until around June 14th though.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1031 on: June 05, 2011, 03:43:29 PM »
I registered my 3DS but didn't get any coins for it. It said I had to input some secret code that came in the box...which didn't. I might have to call Nintendo about this, and Pokemon White, and Metroid Other M, which are listed as "haven't registered" yet, but I clearly did.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 05, 2011, 06:04:24 PM »
You don't get the coins until you complete the surveys, right?

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1033 on: June 05, 2011, 06:32:01 PM »
What I mean is that I entered the codes but Club Nintendo apparently never recognized that. I've long since thrown them away, but when I click on "Do It!" I get taken to the list of products I've already registered.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 06, 2011, 05:54:25 PM »
Same thing happened to me, HAL. I lost two or three codes because of that same issue. And now that the due date is fast approaching I might be in a crunch to get the coins.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: June 06, 2011, 11:43:52 PM »
Same thing happened to me, HAL. I lost two or three codes because of that same issue. And now that the due date is fast approaching I might be in a crunch to get the coins.

Let me know how close you are to reaching the next status. I've got two DS games I didn't bother entering once I hit Platinum; I'll send them over if you need them before the deadline.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 06, 2011, 11:50:01 PM »
40 bonus coins for linking your 3DS to the 3DS eShop (when available).
https://club.nintendo.com/link-shop-account.do#link-eshop
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 11, 2011, 02:18:25 PM »
That pokedex is awesome! It shows all moves and tm's! Doesn't have base stats but still this thing is great!

In all my post play survey's I have been saying "tell Sakurai to get ridley playable in Smash4"

Maybe it means nothing, but it takes no effort so i'll do it anyway! Closed mouths never get fed.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Pajamas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 11, 2011, 06:36:03 PM »
40 bonus coins for linking your 3DS to the 3DS eShop (when available).
https://club.nintendo.com/link-shop-account.do#link-eshop

Earlier this week I tried linking my 3DS eshop to Club Nintendo multiple times, but the site would never reflect that I did. Logged on today to see that it gave me 80 coins for linking my account twice! Lol.
3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-2317

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 19, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »
Here we are again, and I've got the same issue trying to link my Club Nintendo account to the 3DS shop that I had linking with the Wii shop. It says the username and/or password is incorrect, but I've checked many times and I'm definitely entering in both correctly. The last time I called Nintendo about this problem, the person was insistent that I was not entering them in correctly, so I don't know if I should bother calling again.

Does anyone have any ideas of something I could try?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 19, 2011, 04:53:38 PM »
You bought a 3DS?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 19, 2011, 04:57:09 PM »
Yes.

You seem to be pretty well-versed in Club Nintendo. Have you any advice?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: June 19, 2011, 04:58:58 PM »
I've got two suggestions to try.  First, the easy one - log into Club Nintendo, go into your account settings and change your password.  Make it something simple, without any special characters or anything (you can go back and change it later).  I can't help but think it's something with your password that whatever links it all together doesn't like.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 19, 2011, 05:02:04 PM »
Also, and I doubt this is it, but when you're in your profile, you'll notice that you have both a "User Name" and a "Screen Name".  If these are different, make sure you're entering the "User Name" on your 3DS/Wii.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: June 19, 2011, 11:03:54 PM »
I've already tried changing the password and had no luck. However, your theory about the password containing characters the site doesn't like made me take a look at my username. It had some underscores in it, so I changed it to remove them, and then it worked! I linked it with the 3DS, though when I went to try it on the Wii, I got an error. However, this error said that the server was undergoing maintenance, so I don't think it's an issue with the name anymore and will try again later.

I noticed the screen name thing before and also tried entering it as well when I was having trouble. My screen name is actually what I want my account name to be now that the underscores are removed, but usernames and screen names cannot be the same and I couldn't figure out how to change the screen name. Oh well, I don't really care what the username is since I use it only to log in.

Thank you for your advice.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 19, 2011, 11:10:37 PM »
Cool - glad you got somewhere.

My second advice probably would have worked as well then - which was to make your account a Family account and create a second account that you'd use to link the Wii/3DS to.  Obviously, that's a bit more work and all though.

Did you break down and get the 3DS for OoT? :D

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 20, 2011, 01:42:17 AM »
I was tempted to get that game for the soundtrack CD, but I don't really have the money for that right now because I actually didn't plan to buy a 3DS. Instead, I was going to buy an original DS, but after watching E3 and seeing games like Luigi's Mansion 2, Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 3DS, and Kid Icarus, I knew I wouldn't be able to resist buying a 3DS when those games hit. So I then started thinking, why should I buy a DS if I'm just going to get a 3DS at the end of the year? It is expensive, but I don't anticipate a price drop soon and so I'd end up spending more anyway if I got a DS first. I've already bought a few DS games that I found on sale so you could say I got one to play DS games.

Too bad I've already downloaded ExciteBike 3D and Pokédex 3D before I linked my account. If I remember rightly, surveys will only appear for games you buy after you link your account to the shop, is that correct?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 20, 2011, 01:52:55 AM »
*sigh*

Well, I was holding out hope that maybe Nintendo would put something more worthwhile on the Club Nintendo Rewards page before my points expired, but it looks like that's not going to happen.  Looks like I'll just have to pick something and hope it's not a total piece of junk.  Right now, I'm trying to decide between the Hanafuda cards and the DS Bookends.  I figure I can use the Bookends to contain my Wii game cases, but Summer Wars kind of made me interested in Hanafuda (at least learning how it works).  Hmm...
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 20, 2011, 01:55:28 AM »
Too bad I've already downloaded ExciteBike 3D and Pokédex 3D before I linked my account. If I remember rightly, surveys will only appear for games you buy after you link your account to the shop, is that correct?

Sending you a PM.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #1049 on: June 20, 2011, 07:34:20 AM »
*sigh*

Well, I was holding out hope that maybe Nintendo would put something more worthwhile on the Club Nintendo Rewards page before my points expired, but it looks like that's not going to happen.  Looks like I'll just have to pick something and hope it's not a total piece of junk.  Right now, I'm trying to decide between the Hanafuda cards and the DS Bookends.  I figure I can use the Bookends to contain my Wii game cases, but Summer Wars kind of made me interested in Hanafuda (at least learning how it works).  Hmm...

I have the Bookends and I stacked some Wii games to see how they would fit and I was able to five on one side which means it would be able to hold ten Wii cases. I also recently watched Summer Wars and if I had the points I'd get the Hanafuda cards. At least with them you can play a couple of different games.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics