Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 501001 times)

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1050 on: June 20, 2011, 11:07:38 PM »
I have the Bookends and I stacked some Wii games to see how they would fit and I was able to five on one side which means it would be able to hold ten Wii cases. I also recently watched Summer Wars and if I had the points I'd get the Hanafuda cards. At least with them you can play a couple of different games.

I ended up going with the bookends.  I had 1650 coins, and the bookends cost the least of the two items.  That leaves me with a fair amount of coins should Nintendo ever get around to putting something expensive on the shop that I want to get.  If not, I can buy the Hanafuda cards then, since I'll have more than enough coins.  Plus, the way my 9 Wii games are lined up on my shelf, I've been needing a bookend for quite a while now.

Nintendo should be announcing their Platinum reward for this year soon.  I hope it's a good one, since it's very likely the last one I'll be getting with 3DS dominating all software right now and only Skyward Sword really on the horizon for me from Nintendo.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 21, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »
Anyone play Grill off.  Was wondering if it was worth the 80 coins.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 22, 2011, 12:27:53 AM »
I liked Grill-Off, it's good for essentially being a free game that you can get from registering a single Wii game if you get all the coin bonuses. The best comparison is that it is like a Game and Watch game; it's a simple concept that starts off slow and gradually speeds up and adds more to keep track of, and the goal is to get the high score. In this case, you use the Ultra Hand to grab meat off of grills when it is cooked, and place it on the plate in front of you. You lose if a piece of meat burns or you drop one on the ground. My only complaint is that, unlike the three-strikes system in Game and Watch games, one miss is all it takes for the game to end. This makes it more challenging to get a high score than in Game and Watches, but considering the light content, that may be a little understandable.

Bottom line is, if you enjoy Game and Watch games or high-score games, go for it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 30, 2011, 01:15:35 AM »
So, I'm torn.  Tomorrow night, I need to make a decision.

In the two previous years, I've gotten Platinum on Day 1.  No reason reason, but just because I can.

I'd like to do it again this year - but I'm going to run into the problem that if I want to register anything additional this coming year, it's going to have these new, stupid, shortened expiration dates.  I need to go through and see how many points I'll have by completing surveys that will expire before Club Nintendo FYE 2012
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 30, 2011, 03:39:34 AM »
Have they announced what the platinum prize is yet? I thought that they usually do by now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 30, 2011, 09:06:06 AM »
For FYE 2009, it took about two weeks for them to announce the prize.
For FYE 2010, it was announced in the early morning of the 1st
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 30, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »
Platinum award announced: Exclusive NA version of Xenoblade. :D

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 30, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »
On the whole Platinum award thing... I have every game and system I every owned for Nintendo to Register, missed the My Nintendo Move, and I would like to know what the Platinum was but I figured I just wait a few days and jump to Platinum for next year.

Wish they announce them like a month ahead of deadline for coins.  Aren't these suppose to be incentives?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1058 on: June 30, 2011, 03:41:54 PM »
They are in a retroactive sense. They exist only to make you feel bad for not being Platinum.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 30, 2011, 05:55:13 PM »
For FYE 2009, it took about two weeks for them to announce the prize.
For FYE 2010, it was announced in the early morning of the 1st
Huh, for some reason I remember it being a week or so before. I guess I was mistaken. Oh well, hopefully it will be announced within the next couple of days.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 30, 2011, 09:42:24 PM »
For some reason when I log onto the My Nintendo page only half of the screen is visable and I can not scroll to the right of the page. As a result, I can only access half of the page and certain buttons I can not click onto and use. Can anyone help?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 30, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
For some reason when I log onto the My Nintendo page only half of the screen is visable and I can not scroll to the right of the page. As a result, I can only access half of the page and certain buttons I can not click onto and use. Can anyone help?

It might be a problem with your browser, or you might have caught the site in the middle of some kind of server update.  I just checked the page, and it loads just fine for me on Firefox 4.0.  Try refreshing the page.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 01, 2011, 01:26:46 AM »
Platinum award announced: Exclusive NA version of Xenoblade. :D

Hahahahaha. Just imagine the number of people that want this game, but haven't registered enough games to receive the Platinum award. It would be going for lots of money on ebay.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 01, 2011, 05:05:23 AM »

Suck it, bitches.

Also, platinum/gold prizes are up.  Don't forget to claim your prize!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1064 on: July 01, 2011, 06:50:28 AM »
I claimed the Gold prize despite being Platinum. Calendar > pins.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: July 01, 2011, 07:29:30 AM »
I claimed the Gold prize despite being Platinum. Calendar > pins.

I think calendar's are totally obsolete and pins are fun to put up on places. My car has dozens of them so i'm happy

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 01, 2011, 09:15:45 AM »
Ah Man,
 I got burned...

I really like Pins in general.  I loved collecting them at Disney.  So if anyone doesn't want them.  *shrug* Hopefully next years will be good because I'm fairly sure I have at the minimum 600 coins worth of stuff to register.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #1067 on: July 01, 2011, 09:44:25 AM »
I love the pins.  Seems like people around the internet feel they've been ripped off, but I think they're pretty cool.  Anything with 8-bit Mario sprites.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 01, 2011, 10:47:28 AM »
If they have The World Ends With You pins I might sign up for Club Nintendo for once.

Offline Pajamas

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 01, 2011, 11:30:39 AM »
Ok...so...for Zelda's 25th anniversary, Club Nintendo gives us...leftovers from Mario's 25th anniversary? And on top of that, it's last years Japan Platinum reward?

http://www.videogamemm.com/main/content/super-mario-bros-25th-anniversary-pin-badge-set

What the ****?

They are starting to lose me as a customer. I didn't spend all that money this year on games just so I could get a freaking hand-me-down.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 11:35:59 AM by Pajamas »
3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-2317

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 01, 2011, 11:47:16 AM »
Ok...so...for Zelda's 25th anniversary, Club Nintendo gives us...leftovers from Mario's 25th anniversary? And on top of that, it's last years Japan Platinum reward?

http://www.videogamemm.com/main/content/super-mario-bros-25th-anniversary-pin-badge-set

What the ****?

They are starting to lose me as a customer. I didn't spend all that money this year on games just so I could get a freaking hand-me-down.
But that is NoA.  If it took effort they wouldn't do it unless forced.

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 01, 2011, 12:49:58 PM »
There really aren't enough words in the English language to properly describe how lame this Elite Reward is.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 01, 2011, 01:16:04 PM »
I didn't spend all that money this year on games just so I could get a freaking hand-me-down.

I would hope you spent all that money on... you know.. games?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 01, 2011, 01:22:15 PM »
I didn't spend all that money this year on games just so I could get a freaking hand-me-down.

I would hope you spent all that money on... you know.. games?
It was getting codes from eBay.  *Shush* Don't Tell.

Online broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 01, 2011, 02:37:28 PM »
My Bookends arrived today, a whole 2 weeks after I ordered them.  -_-'

So after a quick 2 minute assembly process, my main impression of these bookends is that they feel fairly flimsy but generally look good on the shelf.  I don't know about fitting 10 Wii games on this thing, as one side seemed to be straining to hold 4 (granted, that was the side with the metal Metroid Prime Trilogy case).  Overall, the bookends are what I've come to expect from Club Nintendo: not terribly well-made, but look good overall and are fairly functional.