Author Topic: Official Club Nintendo Thread  (Read 501239 times)

Offline Ayer99

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Official Club Nintendo Thread
« Reply #1000 on: April 15, 2011, 08:02:49 PM »
Club Nintendo needs to get some real rewards. I would love to see a reward like a physical disc with Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., and Super Metroid or something like that.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 16, 2011, 12:32:25 AM »
Has anyone tried the Wiimote Controler Holder? If so, is it hard plastic or fabric? How useful is it?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Ayer99

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1002 on: April 16, 2011, 05:30:22 PM »
I haven't tried it yet but like most club nintendo things, it is probably looks way cooler in the pictures they provide.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 16, 2011, 07:40:20 PM »
Has anyone tried the Wiimote Controler Holder? If so, is it hard plastic or fabric? How useful is it?

Zach did an unboxing blog about it last year.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ayer99

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1004 on: April 17, 2011, 11:40:37 AM »
The only reward they have that is even a little worth wile is their zelda poster collection. That one is pretty decent.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #1005 on: April 17, 2011, 11:59:18 AM »
Nintendo Australia had the SNES Classic Controller available for all of about 2 weeks.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1006 on: April 17, 2011, 08:22:22 PM »

Zach did an unboxing blog about it last year.

Good times.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 24, 2011, 12:01:38 PM »
2 Quick Question.

1. Is the Club Nintendo 2011 cutoff date at the end of June?

2. When does WiiPlay 2 come out?

I'm asking because I need 80 pts to make Elite, my moms b-day is in the beginning of June and I wanted to buy WiiPlay 2 for her b-day so I can register it. But today Fling Smash is on sale right now and she might enjoy that too (might get DQIX if that is registerable too as it's on $7)

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 24, 2011, 12:12:15 PM »
1. Is the Club Nintendo 2011 cutoff date at the end of June?

"On June 30 of each Club Nintendo year, your status will be reset to allow you to begin earning Coins towards the next Club Nintendo year's Gold or Platinum status rewards." - club.nintendo.com

2. When does WiiPlay 2 come out?

June 13, 2011. - nintendo.com

(might get DQIX if that is registerable too as it's on $7)

Dragon Quest IX should be good for 30 coins.

It seems like you have a few options, BnM, all of which should work and provide you plenty of time

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 24, 2011, 12:39:55 PM »
So WiiPlay 2 and DQIX should push me over.

I can save my surveys for next year :)
thanx.

Offline Retro Deckades

• View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 24, 2011, 02:24:19 PM »
Just a quick question for everyone:

Has anyone ever bought a used Wii/DS game that still contained the registration card and attempted to claim the Nintendo Coins only to find that it didn't work?

The reason I ask is that I have bought plenty of used Wii/DS games, and not once have I had a problem entering the registration code and grabbing the coins. It's really made coin collecting much easier.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1011 on: April 24, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »
I've only had one experience with getting a Nintendo first-party game used since Club Nintendo (Metroid Prime Trilogy) and the code worked.

I don't go in with the expectation of a code if I buy used games, and when I do trade in Nintendo stuff I've thrown the slip out a long time ago.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 25, 2011, 12:45:47 AM »
Basically, codes are a one-time use thing... So if someone hasn't registered the title already, you're good to go.  If they have, you're SOL.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Retro Deckades

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 25, 2011, 12:49:49 AM »
Basically, codes are a one-time use thing... So if someone hasn't registered the title already, you're good to go.  If they have, you're SOL.

That's what I thought, but my apparently awesome luck had me wondering.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 25, 2011, 12:47:35 PM »
I've bought a few used games, and the codes worked for me too. This makes me wonder how many people have signed up for Club Nintendo, since it would seem pretty easy to find unused codes.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #1015 on: May 05, 2011, 02:54:29 PM »
I haven't really bought a first party game since Donkey Kong, but I had enough post play surveys to make Platinum by the skin of my teeth. As far as this years experience with Club Nintendo I feel it was lacking. I got a few really great promos from Nintendo in the past by being a member. I was able to play a DSi before it was released and I got some cool Nintendo magnets there and I was also among many who were invited to the Mario Galaxy event and got that glitched message, but this year has come and gone. I recently got the blue wash cloth (the one with all the enemies) and it's great quality.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 05, 2011, 03:14:27 PM »
I've bought a few used games, and the codes worked for me too. This makes me wonder how many people have signed up for Club Nintendo, since it would seem pretty easy to find unused codes.

On that note, I recently picked up Other M again used as part of a B2G1F sale on used games.  My copy of the game still had its Club Nintendo code and I've already registered it so it's useless to me if it even works.  I can't guarantee that the code is still valid (it was sitting on top of the manual, so probably not), but if anyone wants it to try to fill out their Platinum status, let me know.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 05, 2011, 03:36:26 PM »
I just bought Sin & Punisihment 2 since I couldn't wait for WiiPlay 2

between S&P2 and the 3 post play surveys I have waiting in my box, I will hit Platinum on the dot without going over. WiiPlay 2 will now be my first 50pts for Club Nintendo 2012

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #1018 on: May 06, 2011, 08:53:35 AM »
Is this story on Kotaku for real or bogus?

http://kotaku.com/#!5799267/in-a-post+psn-hack-world-nintendo-club-asks-for-your-privacy

1. They call in "Nintendo Club" in the headline.
2. They say you earn "stars" not coins.

-Okay, I see the original source is MCV- so does this only apply to the UK Club Nintendo?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:59:47 AM by Tanookisuit »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 07, 2011, 12:02:58 AM »
Yeah, the UK version uses stars instead of coins. We'll just have to wait and see if this applies to the NA version.

Offline Slade

• View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: May 10, 2011, 10:00:42 PM »
I wasn't sure were else to post this so here goes. In my copy of Link's Crossbow Training I got 2 inserts to register your game with Club Nintendo. I used one but obviously they wouldn't let me use the other since I already registered the game. I don't know which one I used so try both, it's free to anyone. One of these should work. I have no use for a spare code.

9S8-QKCW-DLCC-5EC
X4K-ACAX-NDNN-H73

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #1021 on: May 10, 2011, 10:32:06 PM »
Whatta sweetheart!  Somebody grab those coins!

Offline vinesto

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 11, 2011, 02:25:12 AM »
You can register a second account, then put them together into a Family Account and register multiple games.
I got my stuff today.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:47:59 AM by UncleBob »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 11, 2011, 02:28:51 AM »
I wasn't sure were else to post this so here goes. In my copy of Link's Crossbow Training I got 2 inserts to register your game with Club Nintendo. I used one but obviously they wouldn't let me use the other since I already registered the game. I don't know which one I used so try both, it's free to anyone. One of these should work. I have no use for a spare code.

9S8-QKCW-DLCC-5EC
X4K-ACAX-NDNN-H73

You had to go and post these 45 minutes after I opened my new copy of S&P2 and just registered that and did 3 of my 4 post plays to reach Elite status didn't.....

I knew I should've waited till tomorrow.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 11, 2011, 03:40:23 AM »
You can register a second account, then put them together into a Family Account and register multiple games.
I got my stuff today.

Sonuvabitch....

Seriously, I *knew* this guy was a bot... but something about his post just seemed so perfect.  It fit in the conversation, was well constructed, relevant, intelligent and pretty much a thing of beauty...

I got my stuff today.  Pics soon.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.