Author Topic: Trine 2 Update, Demo Planned for December  (Read 1190 times)

Offline tylerohlew

• NWR Staff
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
Trine 2 Update, Demo Planned for December
« on: November 30, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »

Get your Trine on, better than ever before.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/32660

In mid to late December, Trine 2: Director's Cut for the Wii U will receive an update that brings voice chat, support for the Wii U Pro Controller, new languages, "additional vividness to the graphics", and other minor fixes. The game's developer, Frozenbyte, aims to release a demo in December as well.

The news comes from a neoGAF post from Frozenbyte's vice president Joel Kinnunen. He also touched on the subject of Europe's 20 percent discount for the title, saying the team wanted to have the same sale in North America. but it wasn't possible at the time. They're considering a similar sale during the holidays, but are concerned a sale so close to the game's launch would upset early adopters.

Trine 2: Director's Cut is a puzzle platformer that uses 3D models and environments on a 2D plane. It is available on the Wii U eShop, and sells for $19.99. Our own Patrick Barnett awarded the title a 9.0, and you can read his review here.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Trine 2 Update, Demo Planned for December
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »
He also said the same thing a few days ago on these very forums, before that NeoGaf post. :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:06:17 PM by Oblivion »

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »
Hey, this is great news.
I am one of the "early adopters" and I certainly won't be in the least offended if these folks run a sale on this game in December. The more the merrier, I say! It's a great game.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Nbz

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 06:04:48 PM »
Glad I got the chance to get this in the European sale, I already own the game on steam (got it for only a few quid a few sales ago) but my computer is really terrible and can't run it well at all. Playing it on Wii U is far more convenient anyway and I love how the touch controls work with the Wizard's magic!