Author Topic: Mafia 79: Nintendo of America Power Struggle - Final Day  (Read 3957 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Mafia 79: Nintendo of America Power Struggle - Final Day
« on: March 20, 2019, 01:10:37 PM »
As the crowd had dwindled, enthusiasm seemed to have gone with it, but a small group came together to take out Steefosaurus. But just as he was about to be killed, he took off his mask, revealing himself the be Reggie Fils-Aime, the bomber.

Day 6 Results

Steefosaurus, Reggie Fils-Aime, the Bomber, was killed by the vote.
NWR_drewmg, the Townie, was killed by the Bomber.
Lucario, Nintendo VP 2, was killed by the Bomber.

FINAL RESULT: Townies Win

What looked like a lost cause after a few days was pulled out in the end by two wily veterans and one newcomer.

Winning Players

Pokepal148 - Bill Trinen, the Investigator
MASB - Shigeru Miyamoto, the Doctor
Mop it up's Cat

Dead

Stratos - Townie
Mop it up - Townie
BeautifulShy - Townie
Cutestopher - Townie
ShyGuy - Townie
Nickmitch - Townie
Stevey - Townie
ThePerm - Doug Bowser, the Killer
Decoyman - Nintendo VP 1
Morningshark - Townie
Lolmonade - Shuntaro Furukawa, the Godfather
Steefosaurus - Reggie Fils-Aime, the Bomber
NWR_drewmg - Townie
Lucario - Nintendo VP 2
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 79: Nintendo of America Power Struggle - Final Day
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 01:17:43 PM »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 01:19:22 PM »
(Three days later)

Oh noes! There was some kind of mix-up and I became a different president then I was expecting. It also turns out that this president thing is a lot harder than I thought. Why are so many people always asking me questions?!

I'm going to be honest. I have no idea what I'm doing. I just want some sunbeams to sleep in and tasty fish to eat. I, therefore, retire. You'll have to have another election to now find my replacement. Mop it up's cat out.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 01:21:48 PM »
Pokepal148 - Bill Trinen, the Investigator
MASB - Shigeru Miyamoto, the Doctor
Mop it up's Cat

Was Mop it up's cat good or evil? I guess we'll never know its true identity or allegiance. In the end, it was simply... a cat.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 01:57:07 PM »
My fatal flaw was having the hubris to keep Pokepal & Mop it up's Cat in the game thinking I could ride that tiger without them figuring out.  That, and not doing enough to try and gain an alliance that could quell suspicion before they were able to figure me out. 

Could have maybe been winnable if I had acted a day or two earlier to place a hit on one of them, hesitation made me wait too long.  Oh well.  Was fun having some agency as a role like that this time.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 04:11:28 PM »
I'm curious about the hits on the first day. Did people think we had roles?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 05:17:03 PM »
Lol, there were two votes on the last day and Lucario killed himself voting for the bomber. That's hilarious.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 05:21:37 PM »
Mop it Up's cat sure got a lot of townies killed. secret second mafia?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 05:47:29 PM »
I was responsible for two townie deaths. TWO. Cutestopher and nickmitch. That's it. I also voted out two mafia members so it sort of evens things out. I'm sure Cutestopher and nickmitch will agree that negates any ill will towards me now.  8) Mafia and killer each were responsible for more townie deaths.

Meanwhile, ShyGuy is sending me messages all game about how I'll pay and am a huge liar. And, even now, he's still trying to spin this story of me being a townie killer because he can't reconcile the truth with the narrative he'd built up in his mind. Stevey's posting about how me and Steef are mafia. Every death is getting laid at my feet. Pokepal was losing his trust in me. It got to the point that I was wishing I could become mafia because then I might be playing a better game than I had been.

It ain't easy be Mop it up's cat or Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 05:49:45 PM »

Yes. I'm curious to hear insights now on the perspective of the mafia and killer about what the game seemed like on their side and their strategy.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 05:52:45 PM »
I'm sure Cutestopher and nickmitch will agree that negates any ill will towards me now.  8)

Eh. . .
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 07:40:25 PM »

Didn't really know who would have roles.  There was a little communication between mafia day 1, settled on choosing a target that was active in some sense, and went from there.  Truthfully, you being our first victim was basically "who is a player that's usually fairly active?" because it didn't make sense to target an inactive (making them basically invalid), and while I didn't necessarily plan for this, it was convenient that a handful of people always trend towards wanting to vote out Khush.

We had challenges after day 1 because decoyman was largely unresponsive and Lucario wanted me to communicate via the NWR discord, although I had never been on there before, so I didn't want to raise suspicion as to why I was there all of the sudden during the middle of the game.  Turns out it didn't matter much in the end.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »
I was responsible for two townie deaths. TWO. Cutestopher and nickmitch. That's it. I also voted out two mafia members so it sort of evens things out. I'm sure Cutestopher and nickmitch will agree that negates any ill will towards me now.  8) Mafia and killer each were responsible for more townie deaths.

Meanwhile, ShyGuy is sending me messages all game about how I'll pay and am a huge liar. And, even now, he's still trying to spin this story of me being a townie killer because he can't reconcile the truth with the narrative he'd built up in his mind. Stevey's posting about how me and Steef are mafia. Every death is getting laid at my feet. Pokepal was losing his trust in me. It got to the point that I was wishing I could become mafia because then I might be playing a better game than I had been.

It ain't easy be Mop it up's cat or Khushrenada.

Hey Khush, remember when you asked my to change my vote off of you and on to Cutestopher you would give me information? Where's that information? Vedetta :ph: !!!!!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 07:56:56 PM »
You'll have a chance to make good on that vedetta by signing up for the April Fools Mafia game. I have them open in the funhouse now, you should totally do that.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 08:45:45 PM »
Golf clap to Steefosaurus for providing an epic final day, and khush and pokepal for being the unbreakable townie duo. Also, I wonder how many times MASB nearly blocked our hits... Anyway, this was a fun time, thanks for having me back. And sorry to my mafia peeps for my presence being so spotty. Work+toddler+being sick+moving to a new apartment = a bunch of lame excuses!

We had challenges after day 1 because decoyman was largely unresponsive and Lucario wanted me to communicate via the NWR discord, although I had never been on there before, so I didn't want to raise suspicion as to why I was there all of the sudden during the middle of the game.  Turns out it didn't matter much in the end.

It was close in the end! Kudos to lolmonade and lucario for keeping us in it after I went out. Never forget what coulda been... it woulda been glorious... *fistbump*
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 09:27:55 PM »
Yeah... Unbreakable... that's totally how that went down.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 09:56:37 PM »
I really didn't get much communication the first day and I think I in my NOA voice said that I will respond to localization questions and I think shortly after that Pokepal pmed me asking me about the game and I did the same with him.  I think I started reaching out to Mop it up when the vote turned towards Stratos and told her I would change my vote in return of her following my lead on a vote the next day.   Turns out the next day I was dead and it didn't matter.   

As to what I was saying in the dead thread about DrewMG and his response and vote it sounded like he was mafia and was being encouraged to vote for the bomber like Khushrenada or pokepal was presuring that vote and it would solve 2 problems but it turned out Lucario was the second goon and Steffasaurous was the bomber. 

By the way Khushrenada for someone who didn't want to play much at the start you willed yourself to a win. Good job!!
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 12:07:23 AM »
I got killed by the Mafia, but was scared of the bomber. Good job Steefasaurus.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 03:31:24 AM »
Hey guys! Kit Ellis, King of NOA Redwood City here! I'm glad this "contest" is over. Remember when being the president of NCL and NOA was a position with stability in it? Furukawa done in less than a year. Doug Bowser gone before he even started, Reggie going out in a ball of fire... Be nice to have things be a little boring around here for a change.

Kimishima is coming back as interim NCL president until a new president can be selected. I hear Pokemon CEO Ishihara is in the lead to take the top spot. Meanwhile, Howard Lincoln is coming back as interim president of NOA. He did such a good job leading the Mariners, what could go wrong?

But let me turn it over to the man you all know and love... Shigeru Miyamoto!

Miyamoto: Thank you Tim!

I'd like to thank Tim, my trusty translator Bill Trinen and Mop It's Cat for helping me to overturn the tea tables that so desperately needed flipping in these dangerous times. Thanks to them, Nintendo has survived the yakuza, the ghost of Hiroshi Yamauchi and those madmen Koopa and BodyReady. I'm so glad I voted against Reggie from becoming a Senior Executive Officer last time around. I knew there was something suspcious about him. Always talking about setting up the bomb.

As thanks for my role in this, I've received a promotion to Very Creative Fellow. I'll use this new role to promote Nintendo worldwide using Nintendo's beloved characters. I have ideas for using Spike as a back scratcher, Waluigi to sell Pepto-Bismol, Tingle to sell kid-friendly vitamins and bandaids, and Wario Gold Bullion. Please to look forward to it!

----

I voted to save pokepal on Day 3 and Mop it up's cat on Day 4. What was funny is that my protection did nothing as neither the mafia nor the killer went after them those nights. I figured they would surely go after pokepal at some point, but they never did (unless they tried to make a hit on the night the godfather was killed).

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2019, 05:09:28 AM »
Knew steef was the bomber decided to go out with a bang!
Made you look ****.