Author Topic: Mafia 78: Day 0 - Getting things in order (And Player List)  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Welcome to Mafia 78! This is just a prep day. Day 1 starts Tuesday.

Switch frenzy is heating up this summer!
Fans are clamoring for ports of their favorite games, regardless of the technical feasibility of the port. Emboldened by the release of titles like Doom and Wolfenstein 2, it seems the sky is the limit when it comes to port potential.

Synopsis
Players in this game will sign up as a game they would love to see ported to the Switch. All titles are welcome regardless of the legal or technical viability. Dream big! Role play as the personality you think the game exudes, or role play as a hardcore fan of that game, or as the game’s developer!

Because of the high demand for games to be ported, Panic Button has announced a drawing for games to be selected for the process. The games lined up here are waiting to get a ticket and hear who will be selected. Some games are more desperate to be ported than others, and a few may resort to...unsavory tactics to ensure they are selected.

There are also premier Nintendo titles who do not want to share the limelight with these third-party titles. They have done their best to keep the 3rd parties away, but the runaway success of the Switch is making it more and more difficult to keep them at bay.

Teams and Roles

Unported Games (Townies) - These are all the games who have hopes and dreams to be ported to the successful Nintendo Switch. Their goal is to survive until the drawing and learn if they are a winner.

Laura Bow [The Dagger of Amon Ra] (Investigator)

Laura Bow is the star of the Roberta Williams (King's Quest creator) mystery title The Dagger of Amon Ra. She is a Southern belle who had just graduated from Tulane University and moved to New York City, where she landed a job at a prestigious newspaper. For her first assignment, she was asked to write a straightforward, lightweight story on a benefit held at a local museum to celebrate their new Egyptian exhibit. When a murder occurs during the party, however, she is locked inside with all of the other suspects. As other guests begin dying one by one, Laura must solve the numerous crimes occurring before the culprits escape or kill her.

Laura's power is to "investigate" any active player. She will get a PM with the role of the player. If it is the godfather it will come back as a townie.

Doc - Dr Derek Stiles [Trauma Center games] (Doctor)

Dr Stiles is a world renowned surgeon, having saved tens of thousands of lives and saving the world from bio-terrorist hazards with his "Healing Touch". Once a day he can use his gift to save another player from a hit from the killer or the Mafia.

One time power: Gift of Asclepius - can override the vote to save any one person who was voted out, even himself. If something invalidates the need for this power it will not count as used (say vote changer

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (Town Whore)

Whore of High Garden - Can break any tie after voting ends, choosing which way the vote falls between those who tied.

Kickstarter - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Killer - YES I KNOW IT IS COMING...but the perpetual delay is the joke here)

Townie Vigilante, but cannot use powers until they have received 4 votes against them cumulatively (self votes do not count, you would out yourself anyways)

1st Party Games (Mafia) - These games do not want to share the spotlight with quality 1st party titles. They will work to eliminate all competition.

Godfather – Mario Odyssey, Investigation will come up as townie, gets to put in a "hit" every day, to take effect after the end-of-day

Action Nullifier - Breath of the Wild: use Stasis to halt a player from taking an action that day

Vote manipulator - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Blue Shell targets person with the most votes and gives them an extra vote while invalidating th(mafia or townie, so be careful!)

Limited Run Games (Killer) – Limited Run Games is gobbling up games and providing them with limited physical releases, which is a bane for many physical game collectors. They got to put out a "hit" on any game unpublished on the Switch.
Special Rule Notes

Order of operations:
Day Actions are all actions that can be given at anytime before end-of-day (thread lock).
The exceptions (Killer/Godfather hits, BotW Stasis, Blue Shell, Whore of High Garden and the Doctor's Healing Touch) can be issued at night and will be referred to as Night Actions, even though the orders can be given during the daytime.

INVESTIGATIONS happen when they send in and have until I respond to change their mind. So as close to instant, but don't expect faster than a 2-3 hour turnaround.

Action order will go as so: Votes tallied, effects/powers applying to votes, Gift of Asclepius, Healing Touch, Hits (order of hits based on order they are submitted). Outlier Decision: On the off chance the killer hits first and hits the doctor and the doctor was protecting the Mafia target (or vice versa) then the Doctor's protection will not last to protect the target, so the order of the hits can matter.

End-of-day will be 9PM PDT. If thread is not locked at that time, play will continue for that day until the time it is locked and all actions taken during this "bonus time" will be valid.

Night actions may be entered in anytime after the day begins, up until 30 minutes after thread-lock. They may be changed anytime up until 30 minutes after thread-lock.

Beginning-of-day will be when the new day thread is posted. Typically this will be by 10PM hopefully, but may occasionally be held over until the next morning, but no later than 6:30AM PDT. If it is held later, then extra time will be given at night to make up for the open period lost.

Player List
B-Shy - Life is Strange
Linkle -
Steeforaurus -
Insano -
Nickmitch -
Shyguy -
Pokepal - Darkseed 2
Stevy -
Lucario
Lolmonade
Mop it up
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 11:38:16 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 78: Day 0 - Getting things in order
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 04:15:55 PM »

Get hyped.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 05:08:17 PM »

This is going to be a game of choices and consequences.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 06:06:54 PM »

Now on Switch with New Funky Mode, Get N or Get Out!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 09:28:01 PM »
Oh yeah, let's do it!

[youtube]videogame trailer[/youtube]
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 78: Day 0 - Getting things in order (And Player List)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 11:25:30 PM »
Laura Bow! The 'members? are OVERTAKING ME!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 03:42:28 AM »
If you want a name change, let me know in a PM.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 11:54:48 AM »
Just want to say you guys are amazing. Giving me fuel for future days already!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 03:36:05 PM »
Mmm, perhaps I'll try the Sega Genesis Classics.

If you want a name change, let me know in a PM.
Why not right here?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 09:17:48 PM »
Because Day 0 has come and gone and I didn't think we should keep bumping a thread that should probably already be locked to compete with an actual current game day. But I'll leave those decisions to Stratos and the NWR Forumers can do what they want just like we usually do. Post here, PM me, request it in Discord. It don't matter.  :cool; ;)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2018, 01:26:37 AM »
EVERYBODY IS MAD AT ME. :(