Author Topic: Marvel Stuidos head honcho Kevin Feige developing new STAR WARS Movie....!?  (Read 4385 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Guess we now know why Feigie was apparently too busy for Spider-Man....

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-s-kevin-feige-developing-star-wars-movie-disney-1243481

To the surprise of no one, Kevin Feige is a huge Star Wars fan. It might surprise many, however, that the Marvel Studios chief is going to be developing a Star Wars movie as Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy makes new plans for a wave of projects set in the universe, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Feige had discussed a foray into the Star Wars universe in a late summer meeting with Kennedy and studio co-chairmen Alan Horn and Alan Bergman, sources say. In response to a query from THR, Walt Disney Studios co-chairman and chief creative officer Horn said, "We are excited about the projects Kathy and the Lucasfilm team are working on, not only in terms of Star Wars but also Indiana Jones and reaching into other parts of the company including Children of Blood and Bone with Emma Watts and Fox. With the close of the Skywalker Saga, Kathy is pursuing a new era in Star Wars storytelling, and knowing what a die-hard fan Kevin is, it made sense for these two extraordinary producers to work on a Star Wars film together."

With Ep IX closing off the original series... and Feige getting in on the ground floor to set up Lucasfilm with the blueprint for cross-pollination movie planning.... does any one see this leading to a potential dimensional rift crossover in the future!? 
and I know you know what I'm about to post here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYNDssdsVnM  LOL

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Stuidos head honcho Kevin Feige developing new STAR WARS Movie....!?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 02:12:23 PM »
Disney knows they screwed up with how they divided the fan base with Last Jedi, and a lot of those complaints that split it were due to Lucasfilm not having an overarching plan for Star Wars like they did for Marvel. Hoping this is resetting everything on a stronger foundation.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 09:58:41 AM »
Maybe I was wrong about Feige being on the way out... He's made a power move and is kicking out Kathleen Kennedy!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 11:52:38 AM »
Disney knows they screwed up with how they divided the fan base with Last Jedi, and a lot of those complaints that split it were due to Lucasfilm not having an overarching plan for Star Wars like they did for Marvel. Hoping this is resetting everything on a stronger foundation.

From an outside observer, I don't see this as a Disney thing.

It seems like Disney bought Lucasfilm and Marvel, then cut them both big, blank checks and said "Make our investment worth it."

Marvel knew what they want to do from the beginning (although they may have not been 100% aure on how they were going to get there) and with Disney's unlimited fundage, they could now do it.

Lucasfilm... it seems like they haven't really known what to do with Star Wars since Episode Five.  Six has a lot of issues and even before Disney bought the franchise, we had licensed stuff of varying quality (LEGO good, Angry Birds bad).  With Disney's unlimited funds, all I can think is Lyle Lanley and "[Lucasfilm] with money like the mule with a spinning wheel.  No one knows how he got it, and danged if he knows how to use it."
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 10:30:42 PM »
He might not do this. This news could have been a big F you to Sony to demonstrate just how much stuff Feige can handle.

remember this?
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/sony-chief-kevin-feige-busy-spiderman/
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 10:56:00 PM »
Kathleen Kennedy is gonna pull out the deal now, with the excuse that now that Feige has Spider-Man back.... he just doesn't have time for Star Wars.

Oh Well..... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Although I feel Sony just started announcing stuff to annoy Disney and push them to make a deal.
On the other hand though.... what if Madame Web will be their movie excuse for crossing over Holland Spider-Man into the Venomverse, and somehow back to the MCU where it's never acknowledged.... like a Marvel TV show.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 11:19:38 PM »
I still wish we had Luke Skywalker rematerialise in the Endgame final battle.  Since he vanished at the end of the Last Jedi it would have been awesome to see him turn up.  We could have seen Luke cut loose like we should have seen.  Yeah I know it's completely stupid but still would have been such fun.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 11:25:21 PM »
My ultimate plot patch is he just learned how to teleport, we just assumed he died.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 01:58:36 PM »
Nah, it will just bring a reality to what Obi-wan said to Vader: "strike me down and I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine". If Force Ghost Yoda can call down lightning to burn a tree, then imagine what Luke could do.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast