Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3141208 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #5550 on: February 18, 2012, 05:03:19 PM »
I think that would drive the price up too high for Nintendo's liking.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: February 20, 2012, 12:14:27 PM »
Pokemon Black and White sequel might be announced on Pokemon Smash this week.

I don't care if it's Grey or some lame R/S/E remake I just want legit access to the Unova DW Pokemon and new tutors!

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/02/20/pokemon-black-white-sequel-to-be-announced-on-pokemon-smash-this-week/
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5552 on: February 20, 2012, 01:46:04 PM »
I don't think we'll see a R/S/E remake. The only reason gen I got remade was because to allow access to those pokemon in Gen III, the same with Gen II and IV. Plus, the timeline of events is now that Gens I and III take place at the same time and II and IV are also concurrent. You can essentially have all gens on one cart now with minimal work, provided you've already been transferring them up.

I'd like to see a game that crosses gens. Gen II let you revisit Kanto. I wanna do that again. Play through multiple regions. Or even one that uses the story from the Pokemon Adventures manga, but I think I mentioned that in another thread.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: February 20, 2012, 01:51:27 PM »
The Gen's that happen at the same time I would like to see rolled into one large game.  Let you start in the respective area's to be a choice, but allow you to get your badges be mixing and matching between the games.  Also when you "beat" one of the games you go on to the other but everything is tweaked up to compensate.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5554 on: February 20, 2012, 02:15:46 PM »
You mean like how the Kanto in Gen II was updated (tweaked up) from the Kanto in Gen I?

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: February 20, 2012, 04:35:49 PM »
Not a rumor but not sure where to post it. But this could potentially start a lot of rumors.

http://andriasang.com/con012/seaman_3ds/

Nintendo planning on reviving other company's titles on the 3DS. First up is Sega's Seaman.

I hope Star Fox is already underway cause they need to get there own franchises back in gear before they start working on other companies. Maybe this is somewhat related to that new Sonic game where he has personality disorders and Nintendo is working on the stage design. Nintendo just needs to make one 3D Sonic game have it released and let Sega copy that format until the end of time. At least then it would stay consistently good even if it get's stagnant.

Oh yeah Earthbound too! What if something like Skies of Arcadia 2 came out of this made by the Xenoblade guys?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:45:35 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: February 21, 2012, 12:10:14 AM »

I hope Star Fox is already underway cause they need to get there own franchises back in gear before they start working on other companies.

While true on one level, that would miss the point of this exercise. For the record, I don't think it's going to work, but maybe we'll get something interesting retro titles out of it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
CryEngine Wii U Demo @ GDC
« Reply #5557 on: February 23, 2012, 09:35:12 PM »
Rumor has it that Crytek is showing a CryEngine Demo on Wii U behind closed doors @ GDC 2012.

That would explain the triforce positioning of the booths.

& I'm not entirely sure if it's related, but there are upto 50 CryEngine games in development for "next-gen" hardware.
http://www.develop-online.net/news/39791/CryEngine-devs-turn-to-next-gen-target-systems
We can only hope that the majority of that will land on Wii U.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Time Splitters 4, Overstrike & Dead Space Wii U!?
« Reply #5558 on: February 25, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »
Supposedly Crytek big Wii U game is Time Splitters 4, but EA is bringing more than just that to the table.

Rumor: Dead Space, Overstrike, and TimeSplitters 4 coming to Wii U.
http://game0n.net/2012/02/25/dead-space-overstrike-timesplitters-4/
According to a concept artist for a developer studio associated with Electronic Arts, there are plans that Visceral Games, the company behind the Dead Space games, to make a new installment of  Dead Space, and that will be coming to Wii U and other consoles.  No Dead Space game will be shown at this year’s E3.
Dead Space 3 would still be really early in development, and it better not be a sequel to the onrail version in anyway whatsoever.

Another game from Electronic Arts that I was told will receive the Wii U treatment is Overstrike, which is developed by Insomniac games.  Insomniac has received Wii U development kits.  Insomniac are known for franchises such as Resistance and Ratchet & Clank  for Sony’s consoles.

The trailer for this one back during E3 sold me even though they showed absolutely no gameplay. This was one of my most anticipated 3rd party games shown at E3 that I hoped would get announced for Wii U.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2TNLL5oYwk

And the last interesting tidbit of news that I am hearing involves Crytek, who is a partner with Electronic Arts. Crytek might be giving Electronic Arts the publishing duties for TimeSplitters 4 for the Wii U.  Coincidentally, before Free Radical became part of Crytek, Electronic Arts published Timesplitters: Future Perfect.   TimeSplitters 4 will be announced at E3 this year for the Wii U and other consoles.

This was probably the majority of people's guesses fpr what game Crytek was working on especially when they told us what Crytek studio was commenting on the Wii U dev kits (the one previously known as Free Radical).

I’m hearing that there is over 150-200 Wii U games currently in development.  Nintendo is planning to announce numerous partnerships and collaborations regarding the Wii U at this E3

Expect a really long Sizzle reel at E3 this year. I really hope I get to attend this year. It would be the best year ever to date for a Nintendo fan to attend.

My friend told me that when Electronic Arts received the first and second versions of Wii U development kits, Nintendo wasn’t sure how powerful the console was going to be.  All they cared about at that point was making a console that was easy to port 360/PS3 games.  They had to keep the dev kits at 360/PS3 level in the beginning because it’s easy to start low on specs and go up in power, but it’s impossible to create a super powerful development kit and then downgrade it in power.   I hear that the 5th and 6th versions of this development kit are pretty powerful, and Frostbite 2 has been seen running on the Wii U with very smooth results and a higher frame rate than the 360 version of Battlefield 3,  that are superior to any PS3/360 game running Frostbite 2.

Again, take all of this as a grain of salt/rumor until its confirmed, but I felt the need to share some of this since people seem to want Wii U news.

It all sounds good to me and the HYPE level coming to GDC (9 days away) and going into E3 (99 days away) is rising steadily.

I expect a few more rumors to pop up as we get a little closer.

edit: I should also mention that a new dev kit listing has popped up on that Singapore Government website.
and I think that is the 6th revision that's popped up on there so far.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:23:31 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: February 25, 2012, 06:26:30 PM »
I thought Insomniac was 2nd party to Sony for all intents and purposes.  If they are diving right in to Wii U then the room of it being port friendly must be true.  Be interesting if Nintendo found a way to make porting a native Wii U game to the others trivial.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: February 25, 2012, 06:35:26 PM »
At first thought you might think that, but this is from the end of the trailer for the game I posted above.

Whatever they were doing exclusively for Sony before is no longer keeping them exclusive now.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5561 on: February 25, 2012, 06:38:09 PM »
Second party can be as simple as working just for the company. So they were second party. Insomniac Games only worked with Sony, but they were 100% independent. They announced back in May 2010 that they would start making multiplatform games with Electronic Arts publishing them
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5562 on: February 25, 2012, 07:00:29 PM »
If Time Splitters 4 comes out on Wii U and is a launch game...then Wii U will succeed for sheer awesomeness of a killer online multiplayer game.  Time Splitters has never been the best FPS...but it has been consistently fun.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5563 on: February 25, 2012, 07:10:23 PM »
I loved TimeSplitters 2. I have often wanted to go back and play the game, but can't. I don't have a PS2 or a compatible PS3 (plus, I don't want the PS2 version), the GameCube version has annoyingly long load times, and the Xbox version is not compatible on Xbox 360 (it's one of the few Xbox games I want to play on 360). I don't really want to buy a used Xbox just for 1 game.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: February 25, 2012, 07:30:02 PM »
No more rumors.

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2. Not sure if brand new adventures with no new pokemon or just a fancy way to title Gray.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Sorry I was so late BlackNM.

RomanceDawn

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5565 on: February 25, 2012, 08:55:13 PM »
speaking of crytek stuff

the new far cry 3 commercials look awesome, I was watching it out of the corner of my eye. I was filling out a list for something. Anyhow, I didn't notice it was a game commercial at first. I was watching it, kinda reminded me of what the river looks like, but better cus that show sucks. Then i look down fill up some stuff for my list. I look up and it looks like a different commercial. Then I re-watched the commercial without distraction and I realized the whole thing was cgi. That is fucking awesome. Its obvious now, but man I had my uncanny valley tricked for a brief time.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: February 25, 2012, 10:01:32 PM »
I love all these rumors! Makes me feel good inside! Time Splitters 4 at launch would be sooo nice!

All these rumors are making Wii U sound great! All before we've herd almost any word on any actual Nintendo games.

RomanceDawn

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: February 25, 2012, 10:11:10 PM »
Farcry 3 uses their own engine called Dunia, it's Ubisoft developed and published now, crytek has nothing to do with it anymore.

Pretty sure this will be ported to the WII U as well given Ubisoft support already.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5568 on: February 25, 2012, 10:19:04 PM »
The Dunia engine is just a modified version of CryEngine (and was created by someone while they were working at Crytek).

I have no doubt Far Cry 3 will be on Wii U. It's from Ubisoft, and the Wii U is more than capable of running it since the game will also be on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: February 26, 2012, 03:55:02 AM »
Sup BnM, Longtime no see:p E3 eh? Sounds fun,send me a post card, or juicy details of behind the scenes stuff ;)
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: February 26, 2012, 08:06:19 AM »
"Dunia engine is just a modified version of CryEngine" Yes, 20% (Ubisoft say's only 3%) of orginal Farcry Cryengine 1.0, most of it is own, similar to valve/quake HL game.  The engine is modifield to the point where it becomes it's own. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: February 26, 2012, 11:03:19 AM »
Sup BnM, Longtime no see:p E3 eh? Sounds fun,send me a post card, or juicy details of behind the scenes stuff ;)

It's not official or anything but definitely a real possibility. And if it happens, I would be the guest of a big developer/publisher, so i keep my fingers crossed. I'm really excited about it, so I hope it happens.

If they don't come thru, then I hope NWR would throw me a bone press pass and ticket. ;)

edit: and for anyone looking to brush up on current rumors, the Consolidation list has been updated (see my sig)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: February 26, 2012, 04:15:33 PM »
I loved the **** out of TimeSplitters and I've been waiting for 4 to come out on any system.

Also Far Cry 3 looks like it's going to be my game of the year. People say Far Cry 2 was broken, which I can agree to, but that didn't stop me from playing damn near er'day for a month.

Man and looking at the graphics for the 360 version, I can't wait to see it on Wii U.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:17:06 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: February 26, 2012, 04:48:21 PM »
Also Far Cry 3 looks like it's going to be my game of the year. People say Far Cry 2 was broken, which I can agree to, but that didn't stop me from playing damn near er'day for a month.

While there were questionable designs in Far Cry 2, I wouldn't say it was broken. The game is horrible to play if you follow the road and try to be a gung-ho gun man. The game is great if you treat it as a stealth and sniper game. For Far Cry 3, I hope the developers made it less of a pain to always play in a overly aggressive style while giving more tools and techniques for a sneaky style.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: February 26, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »
Yeah, I agree with that. Just like you, soon after I started playing I found that sneaking around with a sniper in a dune buggy (to get to the best vantage points and make a quick escape) was the easiest way to play. But I really liked creeping around trying to take everyone out with a silenced mp5/pistol combo. I also thought it was particularly hilarious to lure enemies into traps like a C4 ladened choke point.

I just really hope they fix the AI. There are times where it would become increasingly frustrating to sneak through enemy entrapments because they could smell you. It's the only way I can explain how they know I'm around the corner crouched.

black fairy tales are better at sports