Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1209616 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: New Movies we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #550 on: January 30, 2011, 08:26:47 PM »
Latex Bondage Gimp Suit? WTF.

I hope post editing makes that look not so plasticky and shiny.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 30, 2011, 08:48:42 PM »
yeah, the suit looked a little different in the initial shot, all these are taken off people cell phone camera, and they don't have the same type of lighting film will have. My post film impression is that it looks better than Birthday Party Costume Spidey and not quite as good as Raimy Spidey, i did some post effects on some of the images myself and they looked much better. That is a ridiculous blue though. From a distance though, Spiderman looks like Spiderman. Up close that mask looks like crap.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 30, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »
I think it looks pretty good. Also, Spider-Man being kind of scrawny like this dude seems more comic-like.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Re: New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #553 on: February 03, 2011, 12:34:37 AM »
The Chicago Code - Mondays 9pm FOX

From the Creator of The Shield - Shawn Ryan
A cop show where the audience rides along with the cops and the enemy is clearly known.
It sounds like it's going to focus on all aspects of the city with lots of character development much like The Wire but provide much more action just like The Shield.

Could be the best of the two best cop shows (The Shield & The Wire) combined by the creator of one of those 2 shows.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 04, 2011, 01:59:49 PM »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 04, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »
Looks like some one has been playing too much Medal of Honor lately.

Anybody know anything about that new movie starring Liam Neeson called Unknown? It feels like Taken Part 1.5, I love my Taken and those French action films. Good initial vibe, but more I look into it, less good it feels.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 04, 2011, 02:33:05 PM »
Taken 1.5.... this time it was his whole existence that was taken.

But I think it seems kinda interesting. I've only seen the trailers so I can't really tell you anymore about it other than what you probably already know.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 04, 2011, 02:45:46 PM »
Actually on a related note, Liam signed on sometime last year to make Taken 2 so Unknown is somewhat redundant. Unknown feels a little Wannbe in a lot of ways. Liam is going to be good, but I don't like whats surrounding him.

Offline Papissama

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 04, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »
Spartacuuuuus!!!!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 04, 2011, 11:26:21 PM »
:O

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 07, 2011, 08:30:13 AM »
I liked Taken but a sequel? It's one of those movies where you shouldn't make a sequel.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 07, 2011, 05:46:25 PM »
someone needs to make a youtube video of liam neeson just kicking as much ass as possible, starwars, darkman, taken, and the dark knight must be included..actually its prolly been done..search begin!

i'll post the Nick Cage video anyways
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8
also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSEYXWmEse8&feature=related
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:06:05 PM by ThePerm »

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 08, 2011, 07:02:30 PM »
During the Super Bowl they showed a small trailer for Thor, and I disliked it just as much as I disliked the Green Lantern trailer. To be honest, no matter what the reviews I will watch both movies, but to me both movies share the same problem; the hero is too unrealistic to be done with real people.

A little strange, but let me try again with more words. With characters like Superman, the Hulk, and the X-Men, each character's power comes from themselves, and for the most part are  very singular. Even though Superman has a bunch of powers, each does one thing. With Thor and GL, they have objects that also have powers, and that doesn't carry over well. I'm getting lost in my own thoughts here, so my point, and question, is why don't movies, especially movies for these kinds of characters, go the Beowulf route, with near photorealistic CGI all the way through? The art style can be more authentically represented, and the CGI moments won't look like CGI moments, because the whole movie will be done that way. Just my two cents.

Oh, and two more cents, I liked Taken a lot, but I thought there was an opportunity for a sequel in that he didn't take down the entire syndicate or whatever you want to call it. I can see the sequel starting off with Liam waking from a nightmare in which he remembers the other girls he saw en route to rescuing his daughter, and then from information his daughter gives him, finds and kills the rest of the scumbags.

Just fyi, child prostitution/trafficking/slavery is still a massive problem, even in "civilized" countries like these United States.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 08, 2011, 07:14:29 PM »
Taken 2 is the equivalent of Boondock Saints 2. I'm probably going to like it, but in the end, it's forgettable and probably shouldn't have been made.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 09, 2011, 04:57:09 AM »
as long as there is an audience

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 09, 2011, 02:21:27 PM »
I liked Taken but a sequel? It's one of those movies where you shouldn't make a sequel.

You can say that about most movies with a sequel.  ;D
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 10, 2011, 11:32:08 PM »
X-Men First Class
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrbHykKUfTM&feature=player_embedded

It actually looks much better than I expected. I wonder why they couldn't have cut this together in time for the Superbowl though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 14, 2011, 05:00:12 PM »
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/126327-the-amazing-spider-man-to-be-released-july-3-2012

Spiderman may look like a recycled basketball, but he looks much better in this promo shot than every other shot seen so far.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #568 on: February 14, 2011, 05:58:13 PM »
I agree. That does look better than the previous pictures, but the suit still looks terrible. Why not keep the one used in the Tobey movies?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 14, 2011, 06:54:52 PM »
New director, new actors and new franchise. Everything is completely unrelated to the previous movies.

The pic even reveals the web shooters on Spider mans wrist.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #570 on: February 14, 2011, 07:00:06 PM »
I don't know if the movie will be good, but I love that they did that with the web shooters. I hated that the previous trilogy had Parker naturally produce the webbing. If the new movie is more like the 90s Fox cartoon (which I still think is the best version of the character), then I may like it.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 15, 2011, 05:00:52 AM »
May I present to you the insanity that is tactical Bunny action that is Cat **** One. The first episode is free to view. It is the most AWWW so cute package of well animated violence ever created. Through all the 22 minutes of violence I couldn't get past how adorable it all is. There are more episodes being made or something, but it's all abit in the air.

Unfortunately, as amazing as it is, the DVD/Bluray the one episode and weights in at $29.95 which price wise is only a step or two away from being degenerate matter. That said, it certinly something to look forward to if they ever finish and release a full season.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #572 on: February 15, 2011, 10:53:29 AM »
Yeah, good luck to them trying to get people to pay nearly $30 for one episode, they must have been high when they decided that because it doesn't matter how good the show is if they charge that much. It looks nice though.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #573 on: February 17, 2011, 01:30:42 PM »
Adrianne Palicki has signed on for the role of Wonder Woman in the new NBC series about the character. Palicki played Tyra Collete on Friday Night Lights and also was in the shortlived Fox show Lonestar. I am not familiar with her, but she does look like Wonder Woman already.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 23, 2011, 12:12:34 PM »
A new movie I suggest people check it out is Rosedale.  It's low budget direct-to-DVD horror/action movie about a cult trying to sacrifice a victim to summon a demon.  The victim's only hope is Victor Whiskey, a gun toting badass who specializes in the occult.

One the key reasons I have an interest in this film is that I'm in it!  I play the leader of the cult.  The film was written and directed by my brother.

Trailer and other info can be viewed at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/rosedalemovie