Author Topic: Nintendo Account Launches In Japan (Only)  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Account Launches In Japan (Only)
« on: December 01, 2015, 01:37:00 PM »

A December surprise that comes with some neat rewards. UPDATE: Rewards program announced

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/41580/nintendo-account-launches-in-japan-only

The Nintendo Account has launched in Japan. This new system will work as a cross-platform connection between consoles, PCs, and mobile devices, allowing data transfer between games these various devices through a cloud-based data service.

The online registration site went live overnight (North American time) and allows for full viewing of the purchase history, quick purchase of eShop titles including 3rd party ones, and offers a cashback promotion as well. Until February 1. each 1000 yen added to an eShop balance will get 100 yen back.

Nintendo has also opened an official Japanese language blog called "Nintendo Topics" at the same time. No word on when either of these features will migrate to other territories, nor when the My Nintendo rewards program will go live.

UPDATE 9:30 p.m. Eastern: In a statement to Australian Nintendo reporters Vooks, Nintendo of Australia has indicated that the account went live in Japan in order to facilitate off-device purchases there, and more functionality is to come. The service will launch in Australia in March, which is likely to be the full international rollout.

UPDATE 4:00 p.m. Eastern: Users can sign up using their Nintendo Network ID or through Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and email accounts. The account will include gaming info, freebies for any games you own, a friend list manageable from any device, and there is hints at special gifts like birthday discounts as well. Nintendo also has plans to expand the account service to include external benefits at places like theme parks and stores.

Nintendo will also launch a new rewards program in Japan, called My Nintendo, though no date has been announced. The Nintendo Account website teases that not only will game purchases accumulate points, but playing games will too. Prizes will include special merchandise and discounts. The previous reward program, Club Nintendo, was discontinued globally earlier this year.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Account Launches In Japan (Only)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 02:28:38 AM »
Im in Australia, I wonder if Europe and America will also get it in March.

If its anything like the New 3DS, we might be the first to get it outside of Japan.

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
Re: Nintendo Account Launches In Japan (Only)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 08:07:33 AM »
I would imagine they would want to launch the program alongside with Miitomo which is supposed to come out in March as well.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics