Author Topic: Amiibo Figures Now Up for Preorder  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Br26

• OH REALLY
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Amiibo Figures Now Up for Preorder
« on: August 29, 2014, 01:15:00 AM »

The first dozen amiibo figures have been revealed.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38381/amiibo-figures-now-up-for-preorder

The first dozen amiibo figurines have been detailed for pre-order.

Mario, Peach, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Kirby, Fox, Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer will be the first dozen figures made available. The first game to use the amiibo figures will be Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, slated for this holiday season. Other games that will feature amiibo support are Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Kart 8 and Mario Party 10.

Each figure will be priced at $12.99. No launch date was listed, but the press release states that one is coming shortly.

Offline Arganos

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: amiibo Figures Now Up for Preorder
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 09:50:40 AM »
Just pre-ordered Link and Samus from Amazon.... Worst case scenario I have some sweet looking figures.   8)
Nintendo Network ID:   Arganos

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 11:37:26 AM »
Not going to pre-order but when these come out I will keep an eye out for the few I want.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 05:17:18 PM »
These seem expensive, how does this price compare to Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures? Man, stores must be struggling to find space for all this junk, they're going to need like a separate videogame figure section soon!

The only scenario I can image where I would get some of these is if they function more like DLC in future games and unlock significant content, but I would wait for some sort of sale of course.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 05:47:07 PM »
Re: Skylanders Prices:

Skylanders launched at $8/Figure or $20/3-Pack.
Regular figures have gone up to as much as $11 for regular core figures (depending on where you buy them) and $26/3-pack.

The larger figures (Giants, Swap-Force) run as much as $17/figure.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 07:59:37 PM »
These seem expensive, how does this price compare to Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures? Man, stores must be struggling to find space for all this junk, they're going to need like a separate videogame figure section soon!

The only scenario I can image where I would get some of these is if they function more like DLC in future games and unlock significant content, but I would wait for some sort of sale of course.

I do my shopping for these things at specialty shops so don't know how normal retailers will do but this seems like something tailor made for collectible stores.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 08:44:45 PM »
It's on the more-expensive side of my expectations but I don't have much issue with the pricing. Toys are expensive these days!

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 09:17:33 PM »
The only one I'll buy is the Kirby one.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 12:15:51 AM »
Price is around what I figured they'd see these at. Interested in picking up the Link, Samus, Mario, and Peach ones first.

Re: Amiibo Figures Now Up for Preorder
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 01:12:41 PM »
I'm surprised Luigi wasn't a part of the first wave. Very disappointed, I'm only interested in Luigi and Lil' Mac.
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 01:26:18 PM »
Man, stores must be struggling to find space for all this junk, they're going to need like a separate videogame figure section soon!

Walmart already has a whole section carved out for the Skylanders and Infinity figures right in the electronics area. I figure that this is where the Nintendo ones will go as well.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Re: Amiibo Figures Now Up for Preorder
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 03:49:32 PM »
Just put them where PS Vita used to be and be done with it.