Author Topic: "New 3DS" model  (Read 31397 times)

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
"New 3DS" model
« on: August 29, 2014, 07:29:48 AM »

Also apparently there are features games that are exclusive to that model, like faster eShop and Xenoblade.

Also -- customizable cover plates!

Also -- skins (for all models):

Also -- along with Xenoblade, NES Remix is also getting ported to 3DS.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:41:56 AM by azeke »
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: "New 3DS" model
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:51:21 AM »
Second stick looks like ass on both models, the shoulder button arrangement worked so well on the original Classic Controller, I have to buy a 64GB microSD thank god that's cheaper than the Vita card...

...and yet I'm buying the damn thing day one for Xenoblade when it comes out here.

I have a problem.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 09:16:04 AM »
$10 says it can play Wii U games through remote play like PS3/PS4 with PSP/Vita.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 09:43:35 AM »
$10 says it can play Wii U games through remote play like PS3/PS4 with PSP/Vita.
If its PS4 Vita like.  Day One sell and that is the only thing it could do differently.
If its PS3 PSP/Vita like.  Why did they even bother spending the time to try to implement that.
There is that much of a difference between the two schemes.

I have no idea what that picture where its comparing New XL to Old XL.  To me it looks like New XL made everything more pixelated.

To tell you the truth I'm a little bit disappointed about the laziness of the Blue one.  If its suppose to be based off the GCN controller then it should be either Indigo(Purple) or Gray, The C-Stick should by Yellow, and 2 of the buttons should be a different color.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 09:57:33 AM »
I still have the Orginal black 3DS and I've held off on the XL till now. If Xenoblade launches with the system i'll probably jump on the train.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 10:05:21 AM »
Xenoblade is the entire reason I am going to buy this.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 10:33:47 AM »
is the buttons and CPU the only difference, or is there a better/bigger screen or is it basically the same screen? Also is New 3DS a brand new console like Game Boy Advance was to Game Boy Color or is it the same as GBA SP to GBA? I read it has faster CPU but is that just for making the system run faster or will it be a whole new product and if so whats the word on BC, full DS or just regular 3DS?
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 10:44:40 AM »

Sadly, I'm probably in the same boat.  Don't need it... but portable Xenoblade? Nintendo hitting me where it hurts.
NNID: ejamer

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 10:47:59 AM »

Sadly, I'm probably in the same boat.  Don't need it... but portable Xenoblade? Nintendo hitting me where it hurts.

I already made up my mind I will be getting the GameCube colored one, so my GC can live again. I hope this is a sign they are prepping GameCube games for Virtual Console that would be a big selling point. Of course knowing Nintendo with GBA games on Wii U they would release GC games on New 3DS instead.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 09:10:48 PM »
I'm glad the regular size model has a similar form as the XL, the original 3DS model feels like a prototype that should not have been released.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 09:28:33 PM »
I'm surprised the regular New 3DS has a larger screen than the standard 3DS. I would have thought Nintendo would keep it the same. Then again, the original DSi had a larger screen than both previous DS models.

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 03:04:43 AM »
I might just have to dip on this system.   I still use my original launch black 3DS.   I'm so cheap, I have avoided the xl's even though I really kinda want one.   Now this, and Xenoblade, which I didn't play on the wii.    I might just have to jump in on it.   

Still not sure about that second nub stick.  Doesn't look very comfortable, but I won't judge it yet.  The extra shoulder buttons too look a bit iffy.  Will be glad to hear some hands one reports when people can actually use this thing.   If the word is pretty good, and money is okay at the time, I might finally upgrade from my launch unit. 

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 10:41:33 AM »
I could see myself snatching up a copy of Xenoblade for the new 3DS, but waiting on the system itself, if just because out of fear that it may only be released in limited copies…that is, unless they decide to offer it on the e-shop, too.

Until there's a healthy offering of Nintendo games that can ONLY be played on the new version, I don't find it compelling enough to upgrade.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 01:49:20 PM »
I'm going to post this one here as well. It is the Monster Hunter 4G version. I am hoping the bundle releases in the US as well.

My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 10:58:28 AM »
This New 3DS is nothing more than a stopgap system, and these features could have been saved for a true next-gen handheld. I'll still be buying one because existing games will likely run better with that CPU boost.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »
I don't think Nintendo's getting enough credit for coming up with a way of including a second circle pad that makes no one happy. The people who didn't want one are upset that it's there at all and the people who did want it are upset at how half-assed the implementation is.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 12:00:33 PM »
I don't think Nintendo's getting enough credit for coming up with a way of including a second circle pad that makes no one happy. The people who didn't want one are upset that it's there at all and the people who did want it are upset at how half-assed the implementation is.

In other words they finally found a way to piss off their entire fanbase and people still think this company is not in the toilet?

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 12:49:33 PM »
I GOT IT!

This is the beginning of the "Nintendo Singular Future." This now means (New)3DS and WiiU have exactly the same amount and types of inputs. Couple that with GameCube Controller support for WiiU and the writing is on the wall. Another clue is the new ZR and ZL buttons are analog.

Could it be that when you purchase an eShop GameCube title, it will be playable on both WiiU and New3?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 12:56:46 PM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 01:02:30 PM »
This now means (New)3DS and WiiU have exactly the same amount and types of inputs.
Can't click the Circle Pad or C-stick.

Also, I haven't read that ZR and ZL are analog. Would you kindly provide a link?

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 04:33:07 PM »
The link was a bad translation of the c-stick to read "Analog buttons" my bad. For the purpose of GameCube VC working on both, you don't need the circle pad/c-stick to click.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 04:55:53 PM »
From what I've been able to find, "analogue button" is a somewhat accurate way to describe the C-Stick. It does not move like a stick or the slide pad, but is rather simply a button you press in that can measure the force and direction of your push. It works similarly to the trackpoint nubs that were popular on laptops in the 90s.

Hooray! Nintendo's getting closer to the times!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 05:16:28 PM »
I prefer those nubs to the touch pad mouse that modern laptops use so I should be quite happy with this one.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 08:54:35 AM »
From what I've been able to find, "analogue button" is a somewhat accurate way to describe the C-Stick. It does not move like a stick or the slide pad, but is rather simply a button you press in that can measure the force and direction of your push. It works similarly to the trackpoint nubs that were popular on laptops in the 90s.

Hooray! Nintendo's getting closer to the times!

I absolutely hate that so much. Should have just found a way to stick another circle pad.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 10:04:18 AM »
That would have been trivial, just lower the 4 face buttons. Plenty of room.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 09:01:57 PM »
My biggest peeve is the forced choice of:

A) Nice coloured face buttons and changeable faceplates.......with a small screen
OR
B) Large screen, but "meh" buttons and no faceplates.

So in other words, I'm getting the New LL, but I'm not totally happy about it.

Also, someone REALLY needs to teach Nintendo what "new" means.
I would have preferred "Pro", seeing it has more advanced controls and faster processor.
Anyone with me on that?
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.