Author Topic: Link, Animal Crossing Coming to Mario Kart 8 in DLC Packs (UPDATE)  (Read 8016 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Link, Animal Crossing Coming to Mario Kart 8 in DLC Packs (UPDATE)
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 09:59:51 AM »
While I am disappointed that this is not Double Dash Mode, :P,  I think this is the best case scenario for us pricing wise. 8 Bucks at the highest for 1 of the packs.  I think the general consensus was that $1 a track was more than fair. 

It looks like these tracks will be fully integrated into the game, unlike say Theaterythm.  They have there own cups and I be very surprised as such that they wouldn't also be available online even without the DLC.  I'm sure someone will have to at least have it.

The extra Characters and Vehicles are just gravy and really show Nintendo making a Holistic DLC.  Something that completes itself and enhances all facets.  The only thing really missing is something new for Battle Mode.  Which one of them if memory serves could use the new tracks straight up.

I don't think Smash Kart would really be a good title for Nintendo.  This is the better approach and they'll probably have a new version of Mario Kart in a bundle initially w/ the DLC and then a Nintendo Select version probably around holiday 2015 with all of it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 01:41:31 PM »
I already pre-ordered my DLC. First time ever doing that. First time ever paying for DLC, actually.

I think this is a great value. At $12 for 16 tracks, you are essentially getting another 1/2 of the game. That's less than 1/4 of the game's original retail price, and less than $1 per track. If anyone who enjoys playing Mario Kart 8 is planning on buying this DLC, they'd be insane not to pre-order both packs for the discount price.

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2014, 01:57:02 PM »
I've also never paid for DLC before it comes out, but here I'm wondering if the $12 deal is only for those that but now cause if so I guess I better pay now to save money
I already pre-ordered my DLC. First time ever doing that. First time ever paying for DLC, actually.

I think this is a great value. At $12 for 16 tracks, you are essentially getting another 1/2 of the game. That's less than 1/4 of the game's original retail price, and less than $1 per track. If anyone who enjoys playing Mario Kart 8 is planning on buying this DLC, they'd be insane not to pre-order both packs for the discount price.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2014, 03:12:09 PM »
Oh no, it's Smash Kart! I didn't want this to happen, but I'm sure most people will be happy with it.

I'm still going to get it for the new tracks though, but I hope there's more where this came from and that it's more Mario stuff.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2014, 05:50:49 PM »
Pre-ordered. I want those tracks.

Also, I found out I got two $5 eshop credits from the Digital Deluxe Promotion because Pikmin 3 and Earthbound counted. In a way, the DLC cost me less than $3. Today was a good day.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2014, 12:00:05 AM »
I wish all DLC was like this. The combo of the price and size of the content makes you feel like the game is rewarding you for purchasing, rather than nickle and dimming you.

Was a day one pre-order for me.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2014, 12:58:28 PM »
Baby Park or bust!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast