Author Topic: Future Mafia Games  (Read 416847 times)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Future Mafia Games
« Reply #825 on: July 13, 2014, 08:32:46 PM »
Super smash bros mafia game?
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #826 on: August 01, 2014, 12:33:52 AM »
Hello is anybodies therez? :-[
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 10, 2014, 07:18:56 PM »
I may or may not have a little ruleset I'm working on,

*hint hint* *nudge nudge

Dual mafia, no killer, the basic blathers role is back. Yadda Yadda.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:24:16 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 10, 2014, 08:36:14 PM »
Is it possible for me to make a Mafia game that people could participate in, or can only Khush do the honors?

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 10, 2014, 08:39:13 PM »
There are a lot of people who used to come here and have historically been big in mafia games and only Khush has the incriminating evidence with which to blackmail them into showing up.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 10, 2014, 08:52:54 PM »
Ah, alright then.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 10, 2014, 09:02:29 PM »
I'm sure Khush would love the chance to play a game since he always steps up to be the host. Considering the lack of hosts stepping up I think you could be free to host the next one. If you think you have the game rules all set post some details here so you can get some feedback from the community. Many of us have hosted games in the past and can give some pointers on tweaks before the game starts. Then when you think the rules have been tweaked enough pick a date and post a sign-up thread in the funhouse and either Khush, Insano or another mod will move it to the Mafia thread. Be sure to give a week or two for people to sign up as not all players will visit daily outside of game time (or even in game time).

On the matter of mafia games, I have been trying to start one unsuccessfully on another forum due to low turnout so if anyone is interested in another game between games here PM me for details. I only need 2-3 more people to be able to start one and my next push to get it rolling will be later this month with an early September start.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 10, 2014, 09:04:11 PM »
Well, the problem with my rules is that is pretty much undermines what everyone likes about Mafia on NWR. :P It's probably not gonna happen.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 10, 2014, 09:06:10 PM »
Throw them up and give it a shot. Have you looked at some of the previous games in the archives?  There has been a lot of variety.
My Game Collection

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 10, 2014, 09:36:08 PM »
What I mean is: no PMing anyone about the game. Everything has to be in the single thread. If you are a Mafia member, I will create a temp chat on a third party site for them to use to keep communication open and in an easy way.

Basically, it's the way I used to play on another site and I wanted to try it here. :P

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 10, 2014, 09:43:26 PM »
Right here we go.
Quote from: pokepal148
Story based on... well, any surprises?

A man named George Ratcliffe was found dead yesterday and the ICMG, upon investigation has found that his insides were 'scrambled'. With the help of the Doctor, a time traveler who showed up on the same day, they were able to learn that George Ratcliffe was working with a race of creatures known as the Daleks. It appears that there are not one, but two opposing Dalek factions who both seek control of a device known as the Hand of Omega which the Doctor claims to have stashed somewhere in town a while back. However The Doctor believes that the ICMG has been infiltrated by both Dalek factions.

Group Captain Gilmore (cop): leader of the ICMG (Intrusion Countermeasures Group) he can use his sources in the British intelligence agency to investigate other players and find out their roles.

The Doctor (Role blocker): Is aware of everything that happens at night and can prevent any night actions from happening. This ability can only be used Twice.

Dr. Rachel Jensen: (Doctor) Captain Gilmore's scientific advisor and medical personnel. Has the ability to protect someone but not herself

Ace: (Vigilante): instead of cowering in fear and screaming like his previous companions the Doctors current companion goes after daleks with baseball bats and her own specialized homemade explosive.

Mike Smith (Miller): a young man formerly employed to George Ratcliffe. Although he is functionally a normal townie should he be investigated Captain Gilmore will be told he is a Dalek.

The Mafias:
Imperial Daleks:
Davros (godfather): leader of the Imperial Daleks, registers as townie when investigated.

Special Weapons Dalek(role cop): A special forces Dalek who's advanced targeting systems can be used to investigate a player and learn of their roles. This ability can only be used twice. Dalek supreme and Captain Gilmore are unaffected.

Renegade Daleks
Dalek Supreme(godfather 2): Leader of the renegade Daleks. Registers as townie when investigated.

Little girl/battle computer(role cop): The Dalek Battle computer leeches off the mind of a little girl and her capacity for imagination. Because of this the little girl can be controlled by the computer by remote and used to investigate for player roles with the exception of Davros and Captain Gilmore. This ability can only be used twice.

And maybe a goon or two for each side.

Tie rule: God so help you if there's a tie. I may just do nothing, I may kill everyone who voted for a tie, I may pick some people and apply the 'voteless' or 'suicidal' role to them, it's like landing on a bowser space in mario party, except no sympathy for fourth place.

but the fun doesn't stop there, I may stop noting if for example a mafia member is killed to increase the suspense or start lying to the investigative roles, I may  kill anyone that Rachel tries to save. I may also kill anyone who sends me a kill request, who knows.

Basically don't force a tie, or I start trolling the entire game

Basically no killer means that both mafias have a kill each night (although I may have them alternate for the first few nights)

The Mike Smith/miller role is a little thing I found on the wiki that could be interesting.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:07:13 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 11, 2014, 01:07:18 AM »
I don't know. Schedule's looking kind of full.

Mafia 63:
Mafia 64:
Mafia 65:

Not sure where I could slot you in.....

Anyways, if you want to get it rolling right away, go ahead. I was thinking I may host another game in September but I could see that getting pushed to October easily so if someone else wants to host one in the meantime, go for it.

I don't see anything wrong with your roles. A lot were used last game and it worked out ok. I'm not sure how the mafia being able to hit at the same time will go down but who cares. It could work great. It could suck. That's just the random element of chance that comes with this game. Although the trolling ideas of a tie I could see as causing the biggest issue. See the My Little Pony mafia game and aftermath for what happens when random elements are introduced. It was only about 4-5 games ago.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:24:56 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 11, 2014, 01:26:03 AM »
What do you think of what I said earlier?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 11, 2014, 12:27:39 PM »
What do you think of what I said earlier?

Oh, you can make a mafia game and host it. Mod powers are given to whoever is hosting at that time. I just usually do most of them since I there isn't a lot of others rising up to do it these days.

Of course, I'm sure what you are really referring to is playing mafia in your version. Would this be an example of that?

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 11, 2014, 12:41:49 PM »
Based on what I can see, yes. I'm just worried that most would not want to play that way, considering the feedback I got months ago (or was it over a year ago?) when I asked about it.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: August 11, 2014, 12:49:59 PM »
*in my best Clint Eastwood voice*

Yeah.

Ha ha ha. If you do read through that, you'll see I signed up for and played that mafia game I linked. I wanted to try out this version of what you refer to as the proper way to play. Unsurprisingly, the mafia won. Of course, I thought there were a few other elements that further skewed the game in the mafia's favor but I just don't see how there is an equal chance in that version. Further backing this up is the fact that of the three times they have played Mafia on that forum, the mafia has won all three times.

Still, I've meant to do a write-up on that game for a good 6 months so maybe now is the time.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 11, 2014, 06:11:25 PM »
Random elements turned out well in the Mafia Party game I hosted. I think Mop it up's Mafia Party 2 also turned out well but I think I missed that one due to life issues. Though those were not necessarily game-breaking random features but I know Khush tries his best to break little rules despite the best efforts of hosts.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 11, 2014, 06:25:52 PM »
Except when said host gives him the most powerful and easily abused mafia role.

Anyway I'm just going to appeal to the funhouse for signups.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:44:30 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 11, 2014, 06:47:14 PM »
Dude, it's called analytical thinking.

As I even posted in that game, I didn't think of all the possibilities of the role until even after I had died. It was only because I had the role that I realized how I could use it more to my advantage and make it greater than first thought. I've done that in other games because I'm willing to think about ways I could use the role I'm given to my advantage. Other players could have got the role and not had the ideas that occured to me or never used it if the godfather was around. That was my first intention. It was only with the godfather missing that I started figuring out new ways to win and advance the mafia to victory.

I can write some pretty lengthy and overwhelming pm's in game to other players because I'm often looking at multiple scenarios to win. Even the game where Spak-Spang totally suckered me, I was looking at all kinds of scenarios. It made me seem unhinged and borderline crazy at times but I was working everything out. There were just some unfortunate events that kept me from peicing it together faster and succeeding in time. But a beautiful play is a beautiful play and I'm not going to diminish one of Spak-Spang's greatest wins. He played that round better than me.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 11, 2014, 06:48:51 PM »
Anyway I'm just going to appeal to the funhouse for signups.

Do you want me to start a sign-up thread or do you want to start a sign-up thread?

I thought you were just looking for feedback at first on your game but if you want to get sign-ups rolling, talk to Insanolord to get mod powers for the forum and the Forum title changed to announce the sign-up thread and then you can post the sign-ups here.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 11, 2014, 07:41:54 PM »
Considering the results that we've had before with getting more established hosts some mod powers I'll just keep to the funhouse and then try my luck with the mods via PM.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 12, 2014, 01:52:05 AM »
The problem with getting hosts mod powers ended when I became an admin. Actually, I was given the admin powers I should've had for a while when Aaron got sick of me bugging him to get people mod powers in here.

For future references, if you're hosting a game, just send me a PM and I can hook you up.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #847 on: August 15, 2014, 12:17:28 AM »
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SSB MAFIA GAME! IS ANYONE LISTENING!
FFFOOOCCCUUUSSS BBBLLLAAASSSTTT!!!! :P:
Made you look ****.

« Reply #848 on: August 31, 2014, 12:15:47 PM »
I would rather a Mortal Kombat themed one over Smash Bros.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #849 on: September 12, 2014, 12:08:25 AM »
I talked to Khush about an idea I had to have a 3 mafia/ mafia game. 

It is basically an all out 3 on 3 mafia battle, with a few interesting rules to make it unique.  I can't host a game easily, but I would love to share the idea and see what people think. 

It could even work in a Smash Bros type theme.