Author Topic: Star Wars Fanhouse, Chewie, we're home!  (Read 161520 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars 7 in 2015
« Reply #250 on: August 14, 2014, 02:45:40 PM »
Are you the Ian Sane of the Star Wars franchise?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 14, 2014, 02:55:39 PM »
I think Star Wars one of the things Ian Sane is the Ian Sane of. I know Nintendo and The Simpsons are, pretty sure I remember this is too.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2014, 10:58:19 PM »
The new helmet designs for Storm troopers in VII.

I like the first one, but i'm really not digging the second one.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2014, 11:08:22 PM »
The new helmet designs for Storm troopers in VII.
https://indierevolver.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/wpid-st-helmet.jpg
https://indierevolver.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/wpid-jt-sun.jpg

I like the first one, but i'm really not digging the second one.

I agree. 1st one looks good. 2nd one... could use more design.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2014, 11:21:10 PM »
Those definitely do not look legit and look like they are form one of the CGI cartoons.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 15, 2014, 03:04:48 AM »
Second one looks like something for an ice world like the snow troopers. I wouldn't hate it if it it had a limited appearance but it would be disappointing if it was the new main design.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 15, 2014, 03:37:20 PM »
The second one looks like it would be from the Star Wars VII knock off Star Battles.

It might actually look better if they turned it around so the back was the front.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 15, 2014, 04:11:06 PM »
Anyone seen the released images of the newly designed X-Wing? I like that they are evolving the designs of the ships because it makes sense to reflect advances in technology with new designs. In the books the X-Wing went through a lot of upgrades up to the Jedi X-J7 in recent novels. I always wondered how these new versions of the X-Wing looked different, if at all, considering it was still referred to as an "X-Wing".
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 16, 2014, 08:25:39 AM »
Some info on the new Villian from indie revolver the places that lrakrd the storm troopers. It sort of collboartes the Latino review rumors.

https://indierevolver.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/inquisitor.png
It’s true that the main villain of Episode VII is a Sith Inquisitor. He’s tall and thin and terrifyingly creepy, with glowing red eyes to match his red lightsaber. He’s got some robotic upgrades, like Vader – but no mask. The cybernetic bits weave in and out of him. He’s got a human upper lip, a steel jaw… and the robotic hand that JJ Abrams posted an image of. As LR mentioned, we’ll see flashbacks in this movie which will show us Princess Leia as a young girl and Vader’s involvement with the Sith during his prime. This inquisitor has a fascination Vader through the movie’s timeline as well though – just look how he stares at Vader’s shattered helmet in this image:
http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-star-wars-episode-viis-villains-revealed

Sounds like rebels will be much more important and really will retfon alot of the OT, though I believe this ground was covered in the old EU.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 16, 2014, 10:21:13 PM »
I guess those de-specialized editions will be worthless very soon.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/16/exclusive-original-unaltered-cut-of-star-wars-trilogy-to-be-rele/

For a long time Star Wars fans have been clamoring for Disney/Lucasfilm to re-release the original, unaltered cut of the first Star Wars trilogy, and Comicbook.com has now confirmed with two independent reliable sources that just such a plan is under way.

According to our sources, Disney has plans to release the original cut of the Star Wars trilogy on Blu-ray. Our sources indicate that the project has been under way for quite some time, but it’s been challenging because of some damage to the original negatives they are utilizing. The goal is to release A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of Jedi in their complete, unaltered, original form without the redone special edition SFX.

Our sources did not have an exact date as to when the original cut of the Star Wars Trilogy would be released on Blu-ray, due to the challenges Disney has encountered in pulling everything together. However, our sources indicated the goal is to have it ready and released before Star Wars Episode VII is released in theaters.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 16, 2014, 11:03:15 PM »
cant disney just tak the unedited vhs copies and put them on bluray?

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 16, 2014, 11:05:25 PM »
cant disney just tak the unedited vhs copies and put them on bluray?

Are you serious? It would just look like a shitty VHS video (which it would be). They need the originals or at least the 2K footage for it to actually look good. You can't just magically take VHS video and make it look nicer.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 16, 2014, 11:06:24 PM »
VHS was good enough when i first saw star wars in 96.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 16, 2014, 11:07:51 PM »
They should release some kind of Star Wars
"Make Your Own Cut" Blu-rays. You get to pick and choose which alterations stay and which don't. Like, say, all the effects updates from the special editions, but no Jabba in ANH and Han shoots first. A kind of custom, mix-and-match thing. Like those music video things on the Sega CD, but with updated tech and Star Wars.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 16, 2014, 11:09:36 PM »
VHS was good enough when i first saw star wars in 96.

In 1996. On VHS. On a CRT TV. It doesn't matter if it was good then. This is Blu-Ray where the main point of Blu-Ray is having a fantastic picture and sound on an HDTV.

That's probably the worst train of thought I've seen in a long time.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 16, 2014, 11:15:06 PM »
t'was joking.

cant even stand to watch sub hd video at this point.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 16, 2014, 11:26:47 PM »
Ah, shoot. Something in the back of my mind said you were, based on what I know about you. But I still took the bait. :(

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 17, 2014, 10:14:46 AM »
I applaud this, but I hope they at least use the remastered audio and touch up the video - no CGI, just fix the color balance in the green screen scenes and remove the boxes around some of the TIE figthers and X-Wings. Basically the original remastered version of the trilogy (only on VHS I believe) before the ruined versions were made.

« Reply #268 on: August 17, 2014, 11:26:30 PM »
Edit, just realized what I said was addressed in the article.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:36:51 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 17, 2014, 11:37:40 PM »
Disney gives Fox a ton of money to release the original trilogy on Blu-Ray, Disney gets Fantastic Four and X-Men from Fox. Sounds like win-win to me if this happened. Star Wars Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe are both saved in one transaction. Life complete.

« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2014, 11:45:07 PM »
Disney gives Fox a ton of money to release the original trilogy on Blu-Ray, Disney gets Fantastic Four and X-Men from Fox. Sounds like win-win to me if this happened. Star Wars Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe are both saved in one transaction. Life complete.

oh I don't doubt Disney CAN do it, they have the power to make **** happen like nobody else. But my question was is it really that worth it considering how low the previous releases have sold, I still think it is just a vocal minority asking for them whereas the general public not only doesn't care but most don't even notice the changes until someone points them out. My parents got me into Star Wars and even they couldn't recall what was new and what was old half the time. And with each successive release more things get tweaked and the general public hardly notices.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2014, 09:56:47 AM »
Filming starts back up next month, though i'm surprised they didn't just film the parts that don't have Han. I'm guessing this movie was as Han centric as the rumors have said.

Here's two pieces of concept art by the same source that leaked the stormtrooper and Villian rumor.

Seems like Han's style hasn't changed that much though the top Winter looking gear seems much more formal military and will probably indicate a return to hoth or a similar ice planet,

Plus a peek inside the VII Falcon.
http://indierevolver.com/2014/08/14/more-pics-from-inside-episode-viis-millenium-falcon/

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2014, 02:09:27 PM »
Another rumor this time coming from making star wars

Lukes Disappearance – The idea that Luke disappeared immediately after Endor isn’t entirely true. He had a good 10 to 20 years after Return Of The Jedi ended. When the movie starts he’s been missing for around 10 years.
  • [/size]Count Dooku Connection – Back when Benedict Cumberbatch was a rumored addition to the cast, a rumor was that his character was a descendant of Count Dooku. This was true. This connection was then moved onto Gwendoline Christies character.[/color][/spoiler]
  • [/size]Leia and the Hutt’s – There was a production sketch done very very early on which showed Princess Leia standing in the middle of several Hutts. She was wearing a maroon dress (political style) and was flanked by two soldiers (they looked to me like the Naboo guards from Phantom Menace but to others they looked like the rebel soldiers from the beginning of A New Hope.) The picture looked as if she was having a meeting with them. She certainly didn’t appear to be captive or under threat. I have no idea if this sketch has anything to do with the movie that is being shot as it was very early on.[/color][/spoiler]
  • [/size]Endor – Again, very early on, there were several sketches titled ‘after party’ which was a bit of an in-joke. These showed a second battle of Endor. The story being that after the rebels left Endor, Imperial forces and these new villains attacked. They killed many Ewoks and more importantly left with the remains of Darth Vader. Now, where I was working at the time, there was a lot going on and some of it wasn’t necessarily related to Episode VII but other Star Wars projects that will fill in the gaps between Episode VI and VII . I don’t think these scenes will appear in the movie but rather something set between movies.[/color][/spoiler]
  • [/size]George Lucas – George’s vision for the Sequel Trilogy was to take it right back to the beginning. Meaning, the beginning of the Jedi and Sith, how that came to be and how ancients forces were still influencing things. Luke was going to go on an adventure that would take him back to the origin of evil in the Galaxy. Some of these ideas have very much influenced the story.[/color][/spoiler]
  • [/color][/size]This seems alot more reasonable and pausable, intrestingly enough that last bit was something that was forshadowed twice in the Clone Wars and the beginning could stand for two things.[/color]

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2014, 03:07:20 PM »
Hello My friend, I've missed you so. Glad Star Wars is back.

(although I predicted this trilogy, down to the director...ok I said Joss but still close back on this forum many moons ago.)

Also, Page 10 of this thread is a site to behold.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2014, 04:03:13 PM »
... mods delete this post please...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:09:11 PM by pokepal148 »