Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 671294 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (#TeamButtons Wins Again!)
« Reply #1100 on: April 26, 2016, 08:26:46 PM »
There's nothing wrong or extreme with finding new horizons.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1101 on: April 26, 2016, 09:09:14 PM »
This thread has really gone to ****.
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 26, 2016, 09:31:07 PM »
This is what happens when TeamButtons wins.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1103 on: April 26, 2016, 09:32:28 PM »
What does everyone expect for the investor briefing tonight? If the NX is being released this fiscal year, then it will definitely need to be mentioned, sales targets, things of that nature.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 26, 2016, 09:37:42 PM »
Soren posted something earlier in this thread about that stating to expect disappointment. He linked a letter to the year the Wii U was to be released that fall and yet nothing about the Wii U was discussed in the investor meeting. It seems highly unlikely that Nintendo will suddenly talk much about its new console, the NX, this time around if they didn't bother last time.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1105 on: April 26, 2016, 09:39:37 PM »
Not ignoring Soren's post-- I just wanted to get the topic to Pleasantville.

Offline sudoshuff

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 26, 2016, 09:52:22 PM »
I expect something along the lines of..."more info coming at E3".  I would be quite surprised if any useful information comes out at the investor meeting.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1107 on: April 26, 2016, 09:57:26 PM »

This is what happens when TeamButtons wins.

#TeamButtons never asked for this. DON'T YOU PIN YOUR CYBERBULLYING ON US!!

What does everyone expect for the investor briefing tonight? If the NX is being released this fiscal year, then it will definitely need to be mentioned, sales targets, things of that nature.

Acknowledging Soren's post, I think we'll get a little more, but not much, than the letter from last year.  Still nothing major, but more pressure is on Nintendo this year to prove something to the investors.  Maybe an unannounced game or two will slip out.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:00:21 PM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1108 on: April 26, 2016, 09:57:38 PM »
I'd love there to be a May event from Nintendo. Just so there's no chance at all that Nintendo is somehow overshadowed at E3 for whatever reason, and more selfishly because I want NX info sooner rather than later. :)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1109 on: April 26, 2016, 10:00:05 PM »
My bad. Ignore this post.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: April 26, 2016, 10:17:45 PM »
I'm sorry to get off track in here, I was just trying to be nice. There hasn't been much to talk about regarding this subject anyway.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #1111 on: April 26, 2016, 10:28:01 PM »
No worries! I understand how broken records can be frustrating, and you came off as nice.

Anyway, I'll probably be up when this is going on because I woke up at noon today. Vacation is a wonderful thing.  :cool;

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 26, 2016, 10:31:32 PM »
Dang it Nintendo! Release some new rumors or we are going to get this thread LOCKED AND BANNED

Now in response, to Ian:

British Columbia is trash and they have bad hockey fans. I can say this with authority as I have been there. I can back this up with support by saying the Ian's community of residence has a website dedicated to it called www.langleysucks.com

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1113 on: April 26, 2016, 10:54:37 PM »
My point exactly Shyguy, how this thread has gone to ****! ;D
Made you look ****.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 27, 2016, 12:51:41 AM »
Here you guys go on the NX and other things and without me!!! :P

Things are going to change! lol
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 27, 2016, 01:04:58 AM »
I expect some things to be unveiled in the investors meeting, perhaps the Official name of the NX, and maybe a look into the future of the platform and overlaying plans for it, and Nintendo's mobile division and other things.

Also the embargo will be up and devs can announce what games are being in development for the NX and such.

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 27, 2016, 03:23:36 AM »
Launching March 2017, but not at E3 this year. This is crazy even by Nintendo's standards.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline MysticGohan

• View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 27, 2016, 03:31:13 AM »
This is counter to what we heard last year where the NX was supposed to be unveiled at this years E3. So are they going to show Zelda off for both Systems? or will we have a Direct that'll show off the NX soon? Seeing March will be way before next E3 xD

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 27, 2016, 04:05:32 AM »
My #NX2017 is true. It came at the price of Zelda Wii U skipping Christmas.

NX skipping E3 2016 is unfathomably nuts... if this were a world where companies weren't dropping out from E3 left and right. Now, it's just nuts.

But what's still super nuts is that we might not know anything about the nature of the NX until the summer is over.

COULD THIS BE THE TIME OF SPACEWORLD 2016?!

Anyways, Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing mobile games sound interesting. And at least the NX will be able to play Zelda Wii U, so the controller can't be too crazy. Maybe the NX is just a $499 bundle of home and portable console.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 27, 2016, 05:45:10 AM »
Yikes. I'd rather Nintendo push NX into 2017 than release a consecutive inept mess of a console, but I doubt Wii U can limp through another holiday season. The focus should be on making sure NX is the best platform it can be, and the cost may be that Nintendo has little to nothing for six to eight months. One would hope Nintendo could get its act together and launch a competent console without its current console dragging itself to the finish line, but here we are. I'm on #TeamMakeItRight. Don't rush new hardware because you think you have to. Make it right so it has a chance to be successful. And hey, a 2017 launch increases the chances of Nintendo going with Polaris which might be worth the wait if its more than just AMD PR hype.

NX skipping E3 is disconcerting though Nintendo will have to unveil the thing at some point in 2016 if it's launching in less than a year. I'm not worried about that so much as Wii U's release schedule being a barren wasteland after Paper Mario: **** RPGs LOL. I suppose there will be some unannounced Wii U and 3DS games at E3, but I'm skeptical of any of them being enough to hold people over through a holiday season and a transition to NX.

I wonder if rumblings of Sony's PS4k/Neo forced Nintendo to reevaluate a 2016 launch, not out of fear but as a golden opportunity to strike during a potential moment of weakness. If Nintendo uses those extra months to load up on decent launch window titles and create a stable operating system and online infrastructure, it could be worth it.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (#Team2017 Wins Again!)
« Reply #1120 on: April 27, 2016, 06:39:12 AM »
AMD said they had three major contracts for the second half of the year, and I was dead sure the NX console was one. Now? Not so much.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 27, 2016, 07:13:40 AM »
I'm less bothered by NX and Zelda being delayed into 2017 than I am by Nintendo having **** all to release on Wii U this year after Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I don't think we can even count on the latest phoned-in Paper Mario releasing in 2016 if they're not showing it at E3.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 27, 2016, 08:26:00 AM »
I am a proud member of #Team2017, but I did not change the title. Thank you to the brave mod who did that. I appreciate it.

Anyway, here's my crazy first round of speculation.

- Nintendo is bringing back Space World - I mean, if you're skipping E3 then you have to show the thing at some point. And it can't all just be on the back of special Nintendo Directs. Eventually people have to play the machine in person. This is the perfect opportunity to hold a special event worldwide late summer of early fall to really sell the world on the console. That gives you enough time to then promote it well and get a good launch.

- NX was ready for a Japan 2016 release, but not worldwide - The focus on a worldwide release is good, but I think Nintendo's hand was forced here. Hardware shortages would not have looked good during the holiday period. If we are getting an NX home console then you were looking at a potential weak launch if it's just coming out in Japan. In fact...

- This is definitely the home console version of NX - Nintendo could have justified the 3-4 month wait between regions if we were talking about the handheld version of NX because Japan would have eaten it up no doubt. That and the news of the Zelda NX delay pretty much seals the deal here I think.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 27, 2016, 09:45:03 AM »
AMD said they had three major contracts for the second half of the year, and I was dead sure the NX console was one. Now? Not so much.

Couldn't it possibly still be so, just in late 2016?  I mean, there's a need to account for lead-times between AMD chip production, final product assembly & packaging, & distribution to retailers.  As someone in SM, 3-4 months from production to on-the-shelf availability doesn't seem unfeasible.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 27, 2016, 09:47:02 AM »
My mind boggles... it is probably being delayed for a host of reasons, make sure hardware is finalized, get the OS in shape, make sure there launch lineup is ready this time...